I GOT A DUCK!!!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Deja vue

Hope I spelled that right..

Lodi, United States

Somethings happening here. What it is ain't exactly clear. There's a man with a duck over there, telling me I've got to beware.

Geese make excellent watchdogs and will graze grass like sheep while applying nutrient rich excrement to the lawn.

Ducks do not do this nearly so well. Chickens will just remove the lawn--which may be what you want.

Wood ducks are prone to termites and dry rot and do very little for the lawn.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Cats will lay still for scanning... dogs are too fat to be on the scanner.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

My cat scan

http://thorin.adnc.com/~ginger/taylor2.JPG

Ginger

Lodi, United States

Cats may be scanned if approval is first sought and granted by the authorities. Dogs have no dignity and are not worth scanning--although it is permitted if no cat is available.

This message was edited Mar 31, 2009 11:20 PM

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Come on humm humm what's that sound, everybody look what's goin down....

smoooke on the waaater.. LOL

Lodi, United States

Ginger--your cat appears to be comporting itself in a luxuriant and delicious (I use the Jacobean/Biblical meaning of the word found in Revelations) manner. Did you first obtain permission for such a scan?

Lodi, United States

ZZ! You old hippy you!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

If by that you mean did I ask before I pushed the button.....

uhmmm possibly it is an illicit catscan but it is also 15 yrs old and the cat is long gone so I think I am safe from feline litigation. (Also known as a deposit on the keyboard) I do have the 19 yr old sister to said feline,who is of sound mind, so I guess I could get a family waiver.

Ginger

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Do.. do.. do.. Looking out my back door......
Ginger

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

She said do do!!!!!!!!!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

The real thing is spelled with TWO "O"s

Just like when spelled with a "P"

I may plant my daylilies upside down but I can spell THAT....
Well now that I can't uhhmmm imbibe.

Ginger

Lodi, United States

You cannot have noticed, but I am closely connected by moniker to the feline scan authorities, and I believe that you are grandfathered in under the Feline Reproduction and Transport legislation enacted by Congress during the great Cat Portraiture Scandal of 1884.

Are you really a beadmom?

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

I am supposed to be working on my book tonight and somehow I spent the whole night here..

It's the duck's fault.

Ginger

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

I am really a beadmom.

Until I took this nutzo job for 3 days helping a friend out 3 years ago...I was a glassblower for 30 years. The last 15 making beads.

http://thorin.adnc.com/~ginger/

This is a very old website that has some of the stuff I've done. There are no auctions anymore and the kids are all grown and have their own kids.... but the beadwork album and the lampwork bead galleries are still good.

Ginger

Lodi, United States

Everybody blames the duck--but it is rarely the real cause of such behaviour. I blame lethargy and chickens.

I LOVE beads. I have boxes of them. But I make very few things with them. I just like beads. And yarn....Oh, and chickens. Although I NEVER revel in them. EVER.

Paranoia strikes deep...into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid, you step out of line, the man come and take you away......

Did you really get in trouble for referring to an Equus asinus by its legitimate name? Shame. Proper language should be honored as such.

Lodi, United States

Okay--those are just amazingly beautiful beads.

Rose Lodge, OR(Zone 8b)

DUCKS DON'T DRINK?!

Then I don't want any.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

LOL... Ducks drink to excesss....Given the chance baby ducks (hatched without a Mama ..Good parental inflluence changes everything..) will drink themselves to death.

Ginger

Foley, MO

Yep, gotta take the water away every 15 mins in the beginning or they may become hypervolemic.

Lodi, United States

How many days before a mother duck takes her newly hatched ducklings into the water?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.