I GOT A DUCK!!!

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Ah yes, I have a sweet Banty Red. mmmmmm
Mind meld only a tiny bit. hehehe

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

This message was edited Mar 31, 2009 1:53 PM

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

I know I know! As I wipe drool of chin. I also smell medicine before I take it. Huh?

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

:p I still see no writing on my feet.

Lodi, United States

Did you lick them?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Eeewwwwwww.....

I just ate a slice of homemade custard pie, made with eggs that were fresh out of today's layers...

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Lodi, United States

Recipe?

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Yes, please...

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

It's great for when you have extra eggs....not that you would ever be in that situation, Catscan. ;-)

For today's pie, I altered the recipe below slightly. I reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup, and I used 6 small eggs (because some of my hens lay little eggs!) and I also added 1 teaspoon of fresh ground nutmeg and eliminated the turbinado sugar topping, which to me makes it custard pie, rather than crème brûlée pie. Next time I am considering adding a splash of Amaretto...

Crème Brûlée Pie

Grease and flour a 10-inch, deep-dish pie pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Put the following ingredients into a blender and blend on low for about 30 seconds or until all ingredients look well mixed:

2 cups goat milk (can substitute regular milk)
1/2 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs

Pour into pie pan. Sprinkle with nutmeg, and gently sprinkle with turbinado sugar. The turbinado sugar will stay crunchy on top of the pie through the baking process and mimics the flame-kissed top of creme brulee. The batter will be quite runny, so take care when placing in the oven. Bake for 40 minutes. A sharp knife inserted into the center of the pie should come out clean, and the sliced area should stay open and not look watery inside.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

My poor duck is horrified that things have gotten so horribly out of control (an off planet) She does have writing on the bottom of her foot dcuk..proving once again that ducks are horrible spellers.

TESS..PUT DOWN THAT BAG OF CANNAS..

dang retrievers.

Ginger

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

This message was edited Mar 31, 2009 1:53 PM

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

I'm getting goat milk tomorrow! Oh, bliss-ness...

Lodi, United States

It is not the roosters crowing that will give me away, but the eggs rolling out into the street everytime I open the door:0)

I am on it now---I have "special" sugar for crunchy toppings and I love that touch of nutmeg.

Vite! To the kitchen!

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

LMBO I just cant keep up with you all. Going off to eat salsa and chips. ;) CU later

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Someone might be trying to insinuate I'm spending too much time with you all....

Ginger

Thumbnail by beadmom
Lodi, United States

You give,and give and it is never enough.....

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I rooed my Icelandic ram tonight. As a result, I hurt all over. Off to bed early.

http://chooksiniowa.blogspot.com/

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

HUmm.. that sounds like a new code for something painful and possibly illegal...

Ginger

Lodi, United States

Checked the link. I am so relieved--I thought perhaps you were afflicted with brain fever (a favorite Victorian illness of mine) and had attempted to ride your ram and then been unable to even spell it correctly.

Rest well.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

OK.. I read it and I get it....Yikes.

Nice blog. I'll link it to mine and follow if you don't mind.

Ginger

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

I to feared some rabid babble from Claire. I was relieved to find it legal and needed! phew!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

This message was edited Mar 31, 2009 1:54 PM

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

I called home last night to check on my plants and wish hubby happy anniversary. He said everything was growing well and "your duck has not moved." HUmmmm.. I think this is a good thing. Duck is supposed to stay put.

Right now I'm sitting on a bus in the middle of a steam field in Nevada..No plants NOTHING but dirt and drill rigs..
GInger

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Good duck! Mine is pretty stationary too, although sometimes I think he winks at me. The steam field sounds rather uninspiring.

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Well, maybe it wouldn't be a Sierra Club calendar pic, but still beats the corner of downtown anywhere with skyscrapers. IMO, anyway. Rigs have a sort of stark beauty to them...

Gosh, what a wonderful duck; I wish I could get things to stay where I put them. I'm sure they get up and run around the house until I wake up and some don't make it back to where I left them. Especially my fanny pack... that is never where I left it. LOL I think it's the cash trying to get away....

=0) Jay

Foley, MO

Hahahaa! You ladies are too much. Or just enough actually!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Someday I'll tell you all about the dream I had about a chicken on my head..and woke up because..............................................................

There was a chicken on my head.

Ginger

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

I had a dream a couple of nights ago where everyone was wearing badly applied red lipstick, women and men... don't recall any chickens, though. LOL

Lodi, United States

Perhaps the chickens applied it. In revenge.

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

=O

LOL

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Tomorrow I will get home to see my duck :)

Ginger

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Perhaps it will be a nice day for a stroll outside!
=0)

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

I hope so..

Since I get in so late tomorrow I get to work from home on Monday....

Ginger

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I am so very deeply and truly apologetic for my earlier post in this thread that was recently censored, regarding having had a glass of fermented grape juice. For whomever was offended by it, I am so very sorry. It was clearly way out of line and inappropriate and I shall ensure that my future contributions do not venture into the realm of liquid refreshment. I did not know that it was against DG policy to mention such things. I now am oh-so-very aware and informed. Rest assured that I take FULL responsibility for any and all things I have said on this (or any other) forum, any of which I would be willing to put in a letter to my local newspaper editor (since there is a oenology column), or which I would be willing to say to my very old-fashioned parents, my company's board of directors (since we often have drinks at company events), or even my legal clients. I was just unaware of the sensitivity of the forums and have said nothing here that I would not say anywhere else. I guess I hear so much worse on a daily basis in so many venues that I have become immune to the potential for offense.

For the record, I am also deeply offended that anyone was offended, but my being offended is not relevant here.

Please be comforted in the fact that I have been thoroughly chastised and will not make such an egregious error henceforth.

Lodi, United States

Stone her!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Already done.

Lodi, United States

Duck.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

That is crazy..

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Its ok.. I got censored for referring to my donkey in the biblical in the livestock forum....

Live and learn....

Ginger

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

WOW... I just looked at my keyboard....I am soooooo glad I didn't typo "I GOT A DUCK"....

WWhew...

Ginger

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.