TEA ROOM # 33

Merino, Australia

It seems we only just moved , but as I was chasing that darn little thing up the side of the page, I realised how far we have walked. I am so glad because it means you all like popping in.
I am very late today as we had to go out very early and hubby wouldn't wait for me to open the Tea Room. I hope someone did . I had better go and look to see if there is any food left . I came home with a couple of tiny pieces that had 'fallen' off a plant. Well, I was keeping things tidy . It is a beautiful day here today as was yesterday. I bought a dear little Tillansia yesterday in Bunnings . . I let hubby go on his own around the rest of the shop. He had never been in a Bunnings before. Now there will be no stopping him when we go again. My little Tillansia is mounted on a small ornamental log with a green Iguana. So cute . I wish he was real. He would look cute walking around the epis.
I see you have all been busy. I had better get over to the other place and put up the new sign.
So nice now Autumn is here.
Jean.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Coushatta, LA

Hi everyone!!!!Hope you are enjoying your day.Take care and be safe.

Cody

Thumbnail by TheAngelGirl
Coushatta, LA

Good night everyone!!!May God keep you all safe and sound.

Cody

barmera, Australia

Hello Jean , Glad that you and hubby had a safe trip. I thought that he had to bring the plants home and then go back and get you because you had bought so many. just joking. Hello Cody beautiful flower again. You must have some really gorgeous camellias. take care.How would you all like an Easter daisy this colour. I took several pics of this plant and they all turned out this colour. The other plants turned out the right colour. strange. be back later. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris
Coushatta, LA

Hi Colleen,thanks well they are all young plants that i have.I just happen to be lucky and they bloom lots of flowers.The big ones that i post is my hubby grandmaws.Well you take care too.By the way your daisy are beautiful.Stay safe

townsville, Australia

Its nearly go home time yahooooooooooooooo, have a great week end one and all,
be safe, and i will pop in on monday, hope to have a productive weekend but we will see when the time comes lol.

shell

Well here we are ...it's Friday night again ...where did the time go/
it's been an exciting week hasn't it?
I hope you all have a fantastic weekend! mine will be vey busy and I can see you will all be busy too.
I think we have a great mob in here don't you? ...I bless the day I wandered into daves garden ... not only do we learn so much we get to meet such ardent gardeners and great friends.
So bring on the weekend ...let me at it!
happy gardening!
chrissy

Thumbnail by
Sydney, Australia

I don't think I have seen anyone react to Fridays like Shelly does. Me thinks someone would rather be retired like I would! Jean my Tillandsia is flowering at the moment. They are great for that spot that does not get much water. Not much to report tonight. Watching the Rugby League then off to Sussex tomorrow morn. Boss is on call so can't leave now. In fact after being in the door 10 minutes after a 10 hour day she was called back to the Hospital. Oh well I suppose it's MITB (Money in the bank)
Have fun - whatever you are doing!
Cheers
Steve

Barmera, Australia

G'Day All, Don't take any notice of Budgieman and his retired comment. For a start you get no holidays or week ends. But the worst bit is that I reckon when you stop work those hours that you were at work are deducted from your day so you really only get 16 hrs instead of the 24 hrs. This probably ties in with that old union saying (I think) 8hrs work, 8 hrs play & 8 hours sleep. So when you stop work you forfeit those work hours.
Brian

melbourne, Australia

have drunk my beer to share some with the snails. how much do i put in the bowl? i have put about 2cm in the bottom of the bowl and buried the bowl so the rim is level with the soil. is that right?

have a good weekend all. meant to be hot tomorrow and cooler sunday. good weekend for gardening.

shelly

Barmera, Australia

That's plenty for the sods if they want more let them buy their own.
Brian

barmera, Australia

Good morning everyone. What a beautiful morning. Not a cloud in the sky, sun's shining and the birds are singing. I have been waiting months for this little Gymnocalysium to flower and finally she has rewarded me. Is she ET's sister? Well can't stay long this morning have things to do places to visit. Be back later. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris

I have a very busy day today and visitors coming so it's hi and bye but I just wanted to show you the little new leaves popping out all over the parrots after pinching out the tops ...we might be lucky enough to get flowers ^_^
Enjoy your beautiful saturday everyone ...

Thumbnail by

Awe she is so cute!

Thumbnail by
Merino, Australia

Good morning everyone. A beautiful mild Autumn morning here but the forecast is for very hot. I will get out and water everything this morning.
I nearly forgot to mention my bargain plant from Mt gambier . It was a large pot going for $1. reduced from $15. I looked at the dead stick in it and broke it off to see if there was any green still there . It was green so I bought it. For $1 who worries if it doesn't do aything. It did have a label, Pandorea Jasminoides "Jazzy Bellz" . From the picture and description, a beautiful ruffled white with a crimson throat. It is descibed as a controlled, manageable climber . Just the thing (if it grows ) to put on one side of the epi house. .
Chrissy, Alphonse 's flower is so long now that it is hanging over the side of the pot. Still not open though.
The buds on the apricot noid are sticking up in the air and I saw on the other thread that your Old Sydney Apricot does this. I saw those glorious pictures of OSA and hope it is .
Steve, I have another Tillandsia that came with the epi collection. It has not flowered as yet but is looking a lot better than it did when I found it. I did not know what it was so stuck it in the side of one of the epi pots. I moved it into the new Brom area and it is looking very healthy now. My little new one is so dainty. There was a whole table of assorted ones all mounted on decorative ornaments.
Colleen, it's funny that your photo turned out blue , but there is a blue Easter daisy. I may have a bit still growing down the back. It died away from lack of water, but I did see shoots there the other day.
Cody, your pictures are always lovely , have a great day.
Hello Shelly (Q), , I used to like Fridays when i was working too. I hope your weekend is a very relaxing one.
I hope Helen is behaving herself. My little parrots are putting out more shoots and I have been given a small piece of a different one . Hopefully it will grow large and I can spread it around to other parrot lovers.
Brian, the best thing about retired is that you can get up when you feel like it and take time off for as many cuppas as you wnat. .
Hello Shelly (V) . I don't have snails, but there are slugs, millions of slaters and harlequin bugs and earwigs. I am not giving them any beer . They can buy their own.
Lately we have had a plague of some brown, sucking beetles. They fly everywhere and I have been flicking them off all sorts of plants. Not much damage to anything by all those beasties though. My plants outnumber them. I never worry over much about a few holes in leaves. If I see something really bad I just spray the plant with Confidor or such. I did not have the aphids so much as there was not the quantity of new rose growth as other years. They will probably turn up again in the spring. Gloves on and squish.
The slaters live in all the pots but I never see any damage from them. They do keep turning up in the bath though. I wonder if they come up the plug hole for a wash.
You are right Chrissy , about being here on DG. So many lovely friends to sit and chat with.
Better put out some food as I know Kat or someone else will be on the lookout for nibbles. I hope Lesley is well and hello to all I may have missed.
Colleen, Mrs ET ???
Enjoy a Chocolate Heart indulgence.
Jean.
I hope you all have a great week end .

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Barmera, Australia

If that's ET's sister then ET is an Uncle see the young ones.
Brian

western sydney nsw, Australia

A fun filled Sat. to all , just back from you know where had to buy potting mix and found a lot of 2 dollar not at there best plants - 2 bougainvillea - and a nice calathea. and a nother arch in all a great morning . pics. of 2 dollars each ---------Sammut.

Thumbnail by sammut

this is my main shopping bogainvilla and calathea potting mix and garden arch even had change over never done thate before.---------Sammut

Thumbnail by sammut
melbourne, Australia

sammut - you did very very well this week. my next thing i want is garden arches. i haven't got any here and love the look of them. there are so many things on my wish list though. those $2.00 plants look fantastic for that price.

jean - i have pandorea jasminoides too. but mine says bower of beauty. wonder how different they are. i have heard they are quite tough so hope yours comes back. for $1.00 its worth a try. i have millions of those slaters too jean. they are always in the wet areas of my house like the toilet and bathroom. i think they do come up the drain pipe. i did my beer experiment last night and found one dead snail in the pot this morning. one gone - heaps more to kill.

have a good weekend all,

shelly

Merino, Australia

Shelly (V) apparently according to the label. this Pandorea is from a new lot called Auzzie Bellz. I must look for other colors.
We took a load of rubbish to the tip this morning and as usual I had to look around. I found a lovely green metal garden arch with just one break that is easily fixed. I will use it in place of the old rustic one that needs removing. Nothing else . Tips are not much fun these days. One used to be able to go and bring more home than one took there.
Starting to really warm up here now but there is quite a bit of cloud along the horizon.
Great buying Sammut. Have you looked at Dalfyres garden show photos yet ? There is one of a bath that made me think of you and your garden bath.
I must get out and finish watering.
Happy gardening all. Jean

After noon to all,
Just come inside I have the pots sitting in buckets of water with seasol ,
I am sure I paid 3 dollars for the tin baskets last week 2 dollars was even better a couple dont have name tags the fun will be seeing them as the season changes and they grow . I needed the arch for the passion fruit it was 9:95 this will make 3 now I have my breakfast table under nice in the cooler mornings and morning sun . I use arches to make plant stands with shade cloth on back and sides have 3 one just for my seed boxes in winter I am going to cover with plastic shower curtains all the succulents in one and odd plants in the other.
Jean lucky you finding a arch down the road from me I saw a arch made out of old screen doors I throught thate was a good idea.
I looked at the show pics. saw a few things i will be trying they are all so beautiful .
JOY a few spots of rain spitting down . better move on here is my succulent stand so till later Sammut

Thumbnail by sammut
barmera, Australia

Sammut what a good idea. I never thought of utilising the arches like that. I have 2 that are doing nothing at the moment because I was trying to grow a white Wisteria up one and it succumbed to the heat and the other hasn't even been taken out of the box. I picked them up from a garage sale for $20 for both. They had price tags of $73.50 on each, so I thought that they were a good buy. I agree with you Jean about the dumps not being much fun anymore. We used to always go to the dump and have a look around but you're not allowed to just take stuff anymore because the carer makes money from it. There's always heaps of pots there. I've been to the flower show but I didn't take any pics as there were people everywhere because they were just setting everything up. I entered the boys flowers and left and hopefully I'll get back there tomorrow to take some pics. Be back later. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris
se qld, Australia

Great shopping there Sammut and Jean. I'd dearly love an arch or two, but hubby doesn't like them so flatly refuses to cooperate. (much rolling of eyes here on my part)

Lucky you Jean, finding a Jazzy Bellz for $1 - we can't even get them here in Queensland yet, but it and sassy bellz are on my must have list. Goodness knows where I will plant them, mind you.

Coushatta, LA

Thanks Jean,Well i hope you enjoy your day.It was a beautiful day today.I weeded one of my flower beds.Well take care everyone and stay safe.

Good night!!!!!!!!

Cody

Wonthaggi, Australia

Afternoon everyone,
I just popped in for a cool drink, no chrissy & Jean, it's not wine'o'clock, yet!!LOL!!!
Sammut, for some reason, I always thought you were in WA, I see u are in Western Sydney, I was born in Parramatta & lived in Blacktown. It's very different there now compared to 20 years ago, don't you think? Therefore, I would be happy to send you some parrots to try? I think I have sent to all that were interested, if not please ask. Colleen? Great ideas in your garden, sammut. I wish I had more time, I'm lucky to water these days. Hopefully after the wedding next Friday, I'll be able to catch up with everything, the fishpond needs doing too!
Hello everyone else, I hope you are having a lovely weekend. Great pics again cody!
Back to cleaning for vistors to invade us!Hahahaha!!
The Parrot lady, Helen
PS I hope the mail arrives soon for Mya & shelly61?

Coushatta, LA

Thanks Helen,hope you enjoy your day.Take care and be safe.

Cody

barmera, Australia

Yes Helen, I have been watching with great interest. Everyone seems to be having no trouble with the little parrots. I love the bright colours. The other one that you got from the lady at the market [ I can't remember the name] was more delicate in colour. Have I got anything that you might be interested in? Anything that interests anyone just let me know. Maybe we can swap Helen? Something of mine for some little parrots. Thank you Helen. Colleen

Hi everyone just managed to grab a few minutes to check in and grab some nibbles and a glass of whatever is left:)

barmera, Australia

Hi Supergran where you been? Haven't heard from you for awhile. Colleen

melbourne, Australia

sammut - i love those tin baskets. they are gorgeous. you are so lucky to get them for such a minimal cost. your arch was so cheap as well. i thought they would be a lot dearer. i love your idea of converting them. i might have to steal that from you.

colleen -what is that pink flower? you have to name for me. i love to know what the pictures are so when i do see something named that at the market i grab knowing i will like it. i love going and seeing whats at the tip too but like jean and you don't get much nowadays. did get two wheelbarrows not long ago which i have planted out with succulents. jean- lucky you to find an arch!

i have been gardening a lot today. have planted out most of my succulents i had growing from cuttings. its warm though - 35degrees and a strong breeze. didn't realise it was so hot though until i heard it on the radio.

shelly

Magnetic Island, Australia(Zone 11)

Hi Helen

Oh I hope my parrots are snug at the post office,usually they are aircon ,so I think they should be OK.Fancy you having lived in Blacktown and Parramatta,I lived out west as well and did my Nursing training at auburn district in 1980...long time ago...used to know blacktown really well,i'm sure it's all changed beyond recognition......I'll let you know when the parrots arrive....ps, D-Mail me your address,so I can send your desert roses.......

Hi colleen ,
Here is my no.1. arch closed in all day sun.---------Sammut

Thumbnail by sammut

Here is no.1 opened to water -----------Sammut

Thumbnail by sammut

Here is no.2 seeds and cuttings Sammut.

Thumbnail by sammut
barmera, Australia

They're really great Sammut. You have a very inventive mind. Shelly , the flowers are Sedum. That particular one is called Autumn Joy. I think they are really pretty and the flowers last for ages. They grow in a clump of about 1metre round and about two thirds of a metre high. No perfume to mention but the bees love them. I'll send you some when they die back. Colleen

Hi small world I lived in Granville for 30 yrs. worked in Parra . and Auburn blacktown is my council now . down sized and bought here close to family 4 yrs ago after my dear hubby pass on but only started to garden a year ago learning all the time . Sammut.

barmera, Australia

Youre doing a great job Sammut.

a lot has been luck and asking and every ones helpfull answers.--------sammut.

Inland S.E QLD , Australia

sammut,you know how to sniff out the bargains...good work...you don't stop do you!
Lovely sedum colleen.

Hi , I have been very lucky and we do shop as they open and I have the pick of the best of the worst there was a lot of pots to day but I like round ones and have to use the ones I am storing .sammut

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.