HAVE LIST / WANT LIST FOR PNW ROUNDUP EXCHANGE

(Julie)South Prairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Had been waiting to see if someone else was going to take Lynn's suggestion and put this post up, and as I didn't see it and had a sec. at my lunch hour, decided I would do it.

I agree Pixy, it is way easier to put something in the compost pit (my version of the compost pit is the trails in my woods where stuff will either live or die, but won't be babied) before you have potted it rather than after you have nurtured it in a pot through the summer.

Katie had a great idea about just editing a single post regarding Have's and Wants, so I am editing mine rather than re-posting. I don't really have any WANTS ...until something catches my interest that is!

My "have" list contains mostly common plants (from my garden as well as my mothers), but we have been here long enough that we can be generous with most and would be happy to share if any one wants!

HAVE:
Shasta Daisy Leucanthemum x superbum
Foxglove Digitalis purpurea
Black-eyed Susan Rudbeckia fulgida
Montbretia x crocosmiiflora (common form)
Lady's Mantle Alchemilla mollis
Queen of the Prairie (Meadowsweet) Filipendula rubra
Obedient Plant (False Dragonhead) Physostegia angustifolia
Malope 'Glacier Fruits' Malope trifida (most likely will have)
Western Sword Fern Polystichum munitum
Lily of the Valley Convallaria majalis
Lamium (Dead Nettle)
Zebra Grass Miscanthius sinensis
Purple Garden Phlox Phlox paniculata
Bugleweed Ajuga reptans
Sedum Autumn Joy
Forget Me Not

NEWLY ADDED HAVES:
Red-Veined Dock Rumex sanguineus
Hellebore seedlings (most likely red singles)

I know I will have other things come up as I am in "garden cleanup" mode this spring, so will add when I know what else there is. There are a few things I only have one or two pieces of, so please d-mail with what you would like and I will put a pot aside for you with your name on it so I don't forget who wants what. I promise to take good care of the potted plants through the summer, but I would rather dig now rather than later as I know that way I can keep them healthy through the summer.

Julie

This message was edited Mar 18, 2009 6:52 PM

This message was edited Mar 18, 2009 8:45 PM

This message was edited Mar 25, 2009 1:32 PM

This message was edited Apr 23, 2009 9:37 PM

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

My have lists is kinda sad, as I have so many areas under construction, I just move the babies some where else. So at this point all I have is.

Centaurea Montana... Gwen, Katey.

Blue Columbine Only have seeds.

Red Hens & chicks... Steve ( there is alot in the pan, He can share if he wants to.) You are going to laugh when you see it LOL

Have a few others but only oneies, which I will be bringing if anyone wants them.

Still have time to find more, I hope LOL

Like the seed table idea, have lots of them.

Are we going to make a Different tread on wants? As it might get a little confusing.

This message was edited Aug 22, 2009 7:36 PM

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Let's just do one post per person with

WANTS
Hepatica
Erythronium
Camassia
Anaphalis margaritacaea

HAVES
H. macrophylla 'Nikko Blue' - cuttings
Physocarpus - cuttings
Forsythia intermedia 'Lynwood'
Lychnis coronaria - pink
Leucanthemum x superbum (Alaska ??)
Stonecrop - pink
Rubus spectabilis (salmon berry)
Mature hedge roses (deep pink) - 3
Assorted sedums
Ligularia dentata (several)
Hemerocallis 'Stella d'Oro'

We can continue to edit the same post over and over. This way people will know to go to your one trading post.

This message was edited Mar 23, 2009 8:37 PM

This message was edited Mar 23, 2009 9:00 PM

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

WANT

From Julie:
Shasta Daisy Leucanthemum x superbum (Julie)
Black-eyed Susan Rudbeckia fulgida (Julie)
Queen of the Prairie (Meadowsweet) Filipendula rubra (Julie)
Purple Garden Phlox Phlox paniculata (Julie)

From Mauryhill:
Mexican feather grass (Mauryhill)
Kennewick Ivy (groundcover that is fairly easy to control) (Mauryhill)
Rainier strawberries (June bearing) (Mauryhill)
Wooly thyme (Mauryhill)
Elfin thyme (Mauryhill)
Garlic (Mauryhill)
Schizostylis-pink (Mauryhill)

From Katie59
Forsythia intermedia 'Lynwood'

From Pixy:
Pixy, I would love:
Sambucus nigra 'Madonna'
Sambucus nigra 'Black Beauty'
Hydrangea macrophylla leucantha 'Queen's Lace' - a large pure white lacecap.
Hydrangea macrophylla 'Amethyst'
Hydrangea macrophylla 'Nigra'
Hydranea macrophylla - blue and white lacecap
Fuchsia magellanica
Lilac 'Charles Joly'
Aconitum 'Stainless Steel'
Mitella brewerii
Primulas - Quaker's Bonnet, Gold Lace, P. florindae,
Bergenia cordifolia

Froms Tilysrat:
Centaurea Montana

From Mauryhillfarm:
Pepper Tree

From PNWMountainGirl:
Chives
Tall Phlox
Violets
Veronica

Grasses:
Millium effusium 'aureum'

HAVE
lily of the valley
hydrangea - Pixydish - altho it's not looking good. Still watering it tho
bergenia with reddish leaves and dark pink almost red flowers - Maureyhillfarm
crocosmia (possibly Lucifer, but not 100% sure) - I have 10 of these

This message was edited Aug 26, 2009 6:54 PM

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Have:
Veitchii Gardenia (several)
Hakuro Nishiki Dappled Willow (4)
Rolly's Favorite Catchfly Silene
NOID Hydrangea (Mophead type) (Can root several)
I have many shrubs, perennials that I will try to root- see my journal and make requests, I will post as I get successes

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

HAVE:
Mexican feather grass- to Gwen, Lynn
Kennilworth Ivy (groundcover that is fairly easy to control)- to Gwen
Rainier strawberries (June bearing)- to Gwen
Polemonium (blue flower) to Lynn
Wooly thyme- to Gwen, Rarejem, Tilly
Elfin thyme- to Gwen, Rarejem
Garlic- to Gwen
Lingonberry-Ida (red edible berry)- to Katie59
Schizostylis-pink- to Gwen, Katie59
Libertia- to Pixy
Japanese Pepper Tree- to Gwen, Lynn, 1Pony, Thistledown
Acorus, variegated-
Yarrow, pink-

WANT:
Hakuro Nishiki willow (Lynn)
Physocarpus (Katie59)
Stonecrop-pink (Katie59)
Queen of the Prairie (Rarejem)
Sedum-Autumn Joy (Rarejem)

This message was edited Mar 24, 2009 10:10 PM

This message was edited May 3, 2009 12:32 AM

This message was edited May 6, 2009 4:07 PM

This message was edited May 22, 2009 12:14 PM

This message was edited Aug 21, 2009 11:12 AM

This message was edited Aug 25, 2009 9:07 PM

Vashon, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi everyone, this looks promising. Is this a plan for a plant swap/exchange? I would love to join. I have lots of divisions, but also lots of seedlings that will be ready to go in another month.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

Hi Colchie. This is a thread for trades at the Roundup in August at Lynn's house. You should check out the thread on that. It will be a lot of fun. It would be great if you can come. I would do a link to it for you if I knew how.

Anything I have that you might be interested in, you could pick up sooner than that though, since we are so close by.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8a)

Sounds great! if anyone can get me to the link that would be awesome. I was sorry to miss the green elephant swap in redmond? I had to work.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Here's the link to the round-up thread-they've got some great things planned!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/962968/

Bumping as I edited mine and wanted to keep in the back of everyone's mind. :^)

I'm posting here for later. I don't even know what I have yet. But since Lynn reminded me about rooting things, here are some shrubs I can root if people are interested. Please dmail me so I can put your name on things:

Shrubs:
Sambucus nigra 'Madonna' (lynn, I have two of these going for you already. You need this at your place) Rarejem, Gwen
Sambucus nigra 'Black Beauty' Rarejem Gwen
Hydrangea macrophylla leucantha 'Queen's Lace' - a large pure white lacecap. Grows fast Thistledown Lynn Rarejem, Gwen (No more available)
Hydrangea macrophylla 'Amethyst' Gwen
Hydrangea macrophylla 'Nigra' Gwen
Hydranea macrophylla - blue and white lacecap - Thistledown Gwen
Abutilon 'Red Tiger'
Abutilon 'Smoked Salmon'
Fuchsia magellanica Gwen Holly
Lilac 'Charles Joly' - these are runners I'm digging up. Gwen Holly (no more available)

Perennials:
Aconitum 'Stainless Steel' Gwen
Mitella hallii - Found the tag. The leaves are quite small. Very nice low groundcover for woodland area. Stays neat and things grow up through it. Gwen
Primulas - Quaker's Bonnet Holly Gwen
, Gold Lace, Gwen
P. florindae, Holly Gwen
Bergenia cordifolia - the old fashioned bergenia with large,leathery leaves. I understand this does well in dry shade. I have enough to try that and share also. Gwen
Acnistus australis - I had really excellent germination of this seed and have many young plants. These are a bit tender, so potted is best. Small blue trumpet shaped flowers, like brugmansia only flowers are smaller.
Allium bulgaricum

Grasses:
Millium effusium 'aureum' - a really nice chartreuse colored grass that does well in part shade and is a graceful edging Lynn Holly Jayte

Special requests:
For Soferdig: japanese maple babies, creeping sedums
Holly: Kerria japonica, Rosa glauca, Rosa 'Mutabilis', Carex 'frosty curls'
Thistle: hydrangeas

Wants (cuttings or divisions):

White flowering current
Artemisia versicolor 'Seafoam'
Agastache 'Ava'
Artemisia frigida (fringed sage)
Muhlenbergia capillaris
Acanthus mollis 'Hollard's Gold' (or whatever the golden leaved variety is called)
Libertia perigrinans

Robinia pseudoacacia 'Fresia' (cuttings)

This message was edited Apr 30, 2009 10:45 PM

This message was edited May 5, 2009 9:29 PM

This message was edited May 8, 2009 8:55 PM

This message was edited Jul 27, 2009 12:09 AM

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

I just looked up the Sambucus Madonna in Plant Files. OMG, it is gorgeous! THANK YOU!!! I am really looking forward to the Roundup. I bought some cute colored metal markers from the Co op that I was going to give as door prizes. I am also going to make a gardening apron for a door prize. Does anyone else have anything they can bring for door prizes?

Lynn, You can count on us for at least a PNW walking stick and a blooming annual pot for door prizes. We have a few other ideas too, but will have to wait and see how the summer progresses!

North Lakewood, WA(Zone 8b)

I'm sure I can come up with some door prizes too.
Pix will you PLEASE root a Queens Lace Hydrangea for me?

Sure, I've got you on the list. Here's a photo of the shrub back in its youth.

Thumbnail by
Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Your hydrangea is fabulous.
I will take any cuttings that are not spoken for. Give everyone else a chance first.
I will start a bunch of cuttings also and post them later. I have a dozen fragrant gardenias rooted and potted them up today.

Thankyou for offering the doorprizes. We are going to have a great RoundUp, so spread the word.

She's a beauty. I have several blue lace caps but not a white one. Thanks

Thistle, I also have a beautiful lacecap that is blue with white sterile florets. Would you like some of that as well? Actually, I have about 25 hydrangeas. I'm a little addicted.

Lynn, I'm only doing cuttings upon request. I'll probably have some stuff to bring, since I do tend to propagate regularly, but if you see something on the list you want, speak now.

Sorry, i meant to post a photo of it. Here it is. It's an old variety, so no name on it.

Thumbnail by

I'd love a start! That is gorgeous.
Thanks
Guess what I have 1 Cannomois shooting forth!! I didn't even have to get out the gasoline, yet..........

Lucky!!! That's very cool, especially the 'no gasoline' part! LOL

I've got you down for the blue/white lacecap. Now I just have to remember which one it is!! I'll have to find more photos so I can see what it's growing by. Anyone else?

You can see the Millium effusum on the path in this photo. It's the chartreuse colored grass that stands up straight.

Also, in this photo you can see my lovely Darmera peltata which, get THIS, I LOST OVER THE WINTER! Yep. This native plant croaked on me for the most part. I have one piece flowering this year, but I am definitely not going to have a nice display this year. Does anyone have any of this they can divide? If not, I'm buying another one. I love that plant.

Thumbnail by

Pixy, I would love a start of each of of your Sambucus nigra varieties and would also love a Hydrangea macrophylla leucantha 'Queen's Lace'.

This is going to sound really goofy, but I THINK that I may have a Darmera peltata that I should be able to share a piece of. It was shared with my mother and I by a friend, but the tag faded so am not positive without asking her if that is what it is. Right now it is just bare tubers with the flower stalks coming up. Sound right? I can take a pic in the next couple of days to confirm if you would like.

Ok, between Kathy's pic below and Thistle's pic on another thread, I am sure that mine is Darmera, but I also get the feeling that my contribution would be teeny compared to Thistle's. Mine is really happy and healty, but small compared to Kathy's pic! It is growing like gangbusters though!

This message was edited Apr 27, 2009 8:14 PM

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Do they look like this?

Thumbnail by katie59

I have lots of Darmera, and glad to share. I will pot up a bucket for you.

Thank you! I cannot believe that plant bit the dust. I finally had such a nice display of leaves. Only one flower is there now and there should be many. Rarejem, I have you down for those shrubs. I'll put your name in my post above.

Thistle,, if you are willing to share your darmera, could we maybe work a trade sent by post? I'm sure I have something I could send you now. I know it takes energy to pack up a box, so if you don't have time to mess with it, that's fine.

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Pixy, I would love:
Sambucus nigra 'Madonna'
Sambucus nigra 'Black Beauty'
Hydrangea macrophylla leucantha 'Queen's Lace' - a large pure white lacecap.
Hydrangea macrophylla 'Amethyst'
Hydrangea macrophylla 'Nigra'
Hydranea macrophylla - blue and white lacecap
Fuchsia magellanica
Lilac 'Charles Joly'

Also, tell me how to do hydrangea starts and I will do some starts from some of mine. I have one with sweet little green mopheads that turn white.

Gwen, is yours 'annabelle'? If so, I'd like a cutting from it. There is also a snowball viburnum that has little green mophead flowers that turn white. If you are sure yours is the hydrangea, I've been wanting one of those. Annabelle gets really big.
This is a good time to do cuttings because the shrubs are growing quickly. You can just take piece of a branch with several leaf nodes on it, take the leaves off the lower one or two pairs of nodes, and stick it in rooting medium. I use my veggie filter attached to the pond, but you can use moist perlite. Fill a 4" pot with perlite and get it wet, then stick the cuttings in and put the entire thing in a large ziploc bag. Place it somewhere out of direct sun (as if we have any of that lately), in a place that is not too terribly warm. Your greenhouse is perfect. Then walk away from it. Keep the bag closed unless you see that there is no moisture for some reason. Add water then. Otherwise, wait a couple of weeks then check for roots. Most hydrangeas root very quickly.

I'll get these rooted for you and get the lilac dug. I love this lilac. It's just beautiful, but I don't want it to outgrow the space.

Everyone be sure to keep checking each other's posts. I know I'm adding stuff to mine as I come across things. Just added some Mitella tonight.

This message was edited Apr 28, 2009 9:06 PM

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

Hi Pixy, I would love to have rootings of the Fuchsia magellanica, Lilac Charles Joly, Millium effusium, and any and all primulas you have extras of. I love the mahogany one you gave me last year, and it is doing great. Particularly, I should try the Quaker bonnet primula since it would go well with my family heritage. I have to go look that one up, since traditional Quaker bonnets were often gray or black, a little hard to imagine in a flower!

Is there anything on my list that interests you? If not, perhaps something you'd like will surface as I'm digging around in the garden this summer.

They're yours, Holly. The Quaker's Bonnet is a double pink P. vulgaris. It's really a very pretty one. I'll bring you a nice selection of primulas. I can dig those out anytime. I'll keep an eye on your list. I'm mostly in the 'give plants away' phase, but one never knows!

By the way, Holly, I was just looking at your list of plants you might want in the garden and I have a few of them. I have the old fashioned Kerria japonica with double yellow flowers if you are interested in a pot of that. I don't have enough to put it on my list, but I have enough for one or two people who want some. I also have a large Rosa glauca (which I LOVE). I can probably root cuttings from it. How hard can that be? I also think I have Hebe 'Red Edge'. I lost most of my Hebes last winter and I'm slowly replacing them, so it's a new shrub, but I'm sure I an root a cutting or two from it. I also have a golden ninebark. Should put that on the list above. I can spare a number of cuttings from that one. Also Carex 'frosty curls', that one seeds a bit so I have some of those.
Another rose you might like is Rosa chinensis 'mutabilis'. It has delicate single flowers that change color as they age (hence the name relfects the 'mutable' quality of the color). It's a really nice, easy shrub. Glaucus foliage.

This message was edited Apr 29, 2009 9:56 PM

Thumbnail by

Thought I'd post separately for /plants I'm looking for. If anyone has these and could do cuttings or divisions, that would be wonderful:

White flowering current
Artemisia versicolor 'Seafoam'
Agastache 'Ava'
Artemisia frigida (fringed sage)
Muhlenbergia capillaris

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

As soon as the snow melts and plants emerge I will have a few things. Don't know yet. Of course I have lots of Ponderosa Pine, Virgina Creeper, Eastern White Pine, Bee Balm, Acer Glabrum, Various Iris, Lots of various Yarrow of every color, Quaking Aspen, Tartarian Maple, Pulmonaria, Choke Cherry, Various Poppy, and what I find getting too big.
I want sedums, forest floor plants (Jack in box, Lillies of valley etc), any mosses, ferns (zone 5), Japanese Maples sprouting in your garden, Coffee tree, Delphs, Grasses, and any ground covers.

Hey, Steve. I have a few little Japanese maples coming up from somewhere. I'll dig and pot them for you. My neighbor also has some very nice seedlings coming up and I didn't know what to do with them (I'm helping them get ready for a wedding for next year so their garden is my garden, so to speak.) I'll pot those,too. The mother tree is really nice.

What sedums are you looking for? Creeping or tall?

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Creeping is my favorites. I want to put them in the non-irrigated areas. I found a few other plants. I have lots of ever-bearing strawberries.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

My goodness, I completely forgot I had put a , 'plants I might like' section in my garden diary. In fact I had forgotten all about the diary option here on Dave's. Pix, I would surely like to have a Kerria japonica and the roses and carex. This will be impetus to clear out what used to be my flower and herb garden around my raised round bed. That is where I want to put some roses. It went back to nature after a back injury a few years ago, and I am itching to reclaim that area this summer. I am a little nervous about growing more hebes, since I also lost 2 and the others look a bit ragged after their bout with winter, so I'll pass on that. I wish I did have something on your list of wants to reciprocate.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

Pix, I just scanned through this thread and noticed that you want Libertia peregrinans, which I do have, and could take a division of. That is the orange leaved one isn't it? i think I am talking about the right plant.

Yes, it's the orange leaved one. But unless you have a really big plant, don't take a division for me. That's why I need more of it. I divided mine, hoping to get it to cover more ground, and it didn't take to dividing very well.

I'll put those on my list above for you. I hope the roses root. I've done that once, I think, so it's worth trying. I hear you about the hebes. I lost about 5 of them. It's disgusting. Some were quite large, however, i had just moved them the year before, so they were not established in the spot they were growing in. I am replacing some because I just love them, but I am making sure I get those hardy to zone 7.

I'm also looking for a tree called Robinia pseudoacacia 'Fresia'. If anyone grows this tree, I would appreciate cuttings as I'd like to grow one on its own roots, not have a grafted one.

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Wow! I am so far behind, I don't think I will ever catch up. Hopefully it will not be too late to ask for stuff later this week. Being away from the computer for several days can be pretty disasterous. RJ and I will just have to figure out a way to get our wireless going at the EWA house.

At any rate, here is the beginning of my to share list. It seems to be more common than some of you, but the old standbys are nice to have too. I will continue to edit as I get at my beds now that the weather is finally getting better.

Lily of the Valley (Soferdig)
Bleeding Heart starts--may be pink and may be white
Common forsythia (Soferdig)
Nikko blue hydrangea
Montbretia (Stop laughing, Azorina!)
A couple of unknown creeping sedums (Soferdig)
Autumn Joy Sedum
Hardy Geraniums-several kinds, I'll try to identify later
Tall phlox-common lavender or white (Gwendalou)
Violets-yes the kind that reseed very readily (Soferdig) (Gwendalou)

More to come.

Japanese anenome
Native ferns (you dig!)
Ladies Mantle
Native mahonia
Shasta daisy
Chives (Gwendalou)
Flowering Quince
Lilac seedlings (common)
Rose of Sharon seedlings
Johnson's blue geranium (Maury, a few) (Tillysrat)
Burro's Tail Sedum
Spider plants

English Ivy (Gwen) (Pony)
Veronica (tall, lavender) (Pixy)(Gwendalou)
This message was edited May 6, 2009 8:07 AM

This message was edited May 6, 2009 12:40 PM

This message was edited May 8, 2009 10:00 PM

This message was edited May 22, 2009 5:18 PM

This message was edited May 22, 2009 5:41 PM

This message was edited Aug 22, 2009 6:45 AM

This message was edited Aug 22, 2009 6:59 AM

This message was edited Aug 23, 2009 7:44 AM

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Mountain Girl I would like some sedums, lilly of the valley, violets and one forsythia if you have enough.
Pixy I would like to get your JM's at least one of each.
Lynn I need one more Dappled willow.

Steve, they are yours. I will dig some nice seedlings for you from the neighbor's yard. Also will take photos of the mother tree for you so you can see the final form and height.

I see that you want ferns and grasses. Are you interested in sedges? I have plenty of the Millium effusum if you want some of that. Remembering your garden spaces, I assumed you wanted the larger grasses?
Also, I may be able to do some ferns for you, especially if you want native ferns. I have a few different kinds, some of which are the small and dainty ones. Are you looking for any particular kind of fern?

I am interested in any pulmonarias you have.

This message was edited May 5, 2009 9:32 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.