Photo by Melody

Pacific Northwest Gardening: HAVE LIST / WANT LIST FOR PNW ROUNDUP EXCHANGE, 1 by

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright

In reply to: HAVE LIST / WANT LIST FOR PNW ROUNDUP EXCHANGE

Forum: Pacific Northwest Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of HAVE LIST / WANT LIST FOR PNW ROUNDUP EXCHANGE
wrote:
They're yours, Holly. The Quaker's Bonnet is a double pink P. vulgaris. It's really a very pretty one. I'll bring you a nice selection of primulas. I can dig those out anytime. I'll keep an eye on your list. I'm mostly in the 'give plants away' phase, but one never knows!

By the way, Holly, I was just looking at your list of plants you might want in the garden and I have a few of them. I have the old fashioned Kerria japonica with double yellow flowers if you are interested in a pot of that. I don't have enough to put it on my list, but I have enough for one or two people who want some. I also have a large Rosa glauca (which I LOVE). I can probably root cuttings from it. How hard can that be? I also think I have Hebe 'Red Edge'. I lost most of my Hebes last winter and I'm slowly replacing them, so it's a new shrub, but I'm sure I an root a cutting or two from it. I also have a golden ninebark. Should put that on the list above. I can spare a number of cuttings from that one. Also Carex 'frosty curls', that one seeds a bit so I have some of those.
Another rose you might like is Rosa chinensis 'mutabilis'. It has delicate single flowers that change color as they age (hence the name relfects the 'mutable' quality of the color). It's a really nice, easy shrub. Glaucus foliage.

This message was edited Apr 29, 2009 9:56 PM