CLOSED: offered:   Lion's Tail seeds (Leonotis menthifolia)

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

While they last . . . I finally crushed all the dried heads I collected last fall from my towering Lion's Tail plants and slowly but surely got the chaff separated from the seed so that I could properly share them with y'all . . . initially I have 25 packets prepared. with each containing at least 2 dozen seeds (but probably more - you know me ;--)

Here's info on this plant:   http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/58073/ . . . You can also view there a few pictures of my plants from last year.

What I need:  
A self-addressed envelope (SAE) of self-addressed bubble envelope (SABE) enclosed with 59˘ in loose U.S. postage stamps. Please make note on the lower left corner of the outer envelope:   "Lion's Tail".

My postal addy == >   http://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/view.php?user=LazLo

If you can't see the DG address exchange, send a DMail for my postal info,
using this link == >   http://davesgarden.com/tools/mail/pmail.php?q=LazLo   and request my postal mailing address.

ATBTY !       ~       £az£o   ;--)

1. bobyrd                   10. DEMinPA         18. HUMMINGBIRD1212
  2. synda                    11. gammy3           19. starsplitter7
  3. zarcanat                12. plantnutz          20. teachnkids
  4. fleurone                 13. kygreg2000       21. Patti1957
  5. flowerfantasy         14. cedar18           22. JonnaSudenius
  6. Larkie                    15. JJsgarden         23. tubbytee
  7. FruitOfTheVine      16. zorinag             24. Aunt_A
  8. roserairie               17. zinna56             25. NormanBates
  9. Gardenia731

# # # # # # # # # # # # #     C L O S E D     # # # # # # # # # # # # #

This message was edited Mar 28, 2009 11:36 PM

Thumbnail by LazLo
Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Lazlo,
I would love to try this plant. Am sending a SSAE with bubble pad and stamps.
Thanks for the seeds and also for the ones you have so kindly shared with me in the past. I will post pictures when I get blooms!
Bonnie

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

LazLo,
Sending you SABE with stamps.

Synda

Thumbnail by synda
Montreal, QC(Zone 4b)

Hi there, I will send you plentyfull of US stamps I collected from other trades for some of your seeds, my enveloppe will go your way this week.

Thanks for sharing!

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Would love to try some :)

Hopkinsville, KY

Has anyone grown this in Zone 6?

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

I'll take some LazLo for the SABE

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

I would also love to try them.. Sending bubble envelope and stamps.. Thanks

Larkie

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

kygreg2000:   Greg, you should be able to grow this as an annual in Kentucky - - it will need to be where it can get full sun and it might not grow as large as my own will due to your shorter season. I do not believe that it would survive in the ground out of doors in your area. It might make an interesting container project, providing you are willing to bring it indoors - somewhere the ceilings are really high.

Thumbnail by LazLo
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

I'd like 1 pack please. Will send you my envelope. Thank you for these!

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Lazlo,
I would love to try this beauty!!!
Rose

(Arlene) Lakeland, FL(Zone 9a)

I am so happy to see this post. I ordered some online and not one seed came up. Thank you so much for posting. I will have an envy on the way. Thank you!

Selinsgrove, PA(Zone 5b)

Add me to the list.

Don (DEMinPA)

Columbia Station, OH(Zone 5a)

Am anxious to try this plant as an annual and as a containet plant I can bring in for the winter. I'd really appreciate receiving some of your seeds. Thanks so much for the offer....my envelope will be on its way.
gammy3 Helen Smith

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Hey Lazlo,

I would love to try these. Thanks for offering - I'll get the envy out in a day or so.

Thanks,

Brenda

Hopkinsville, KY

Thanks a bunch; envelope on its way.

Northern Piedmont, NC(Zone 7b)

Please add me to your list. Will get envelope off to you.

Thanks....JJ

Evanston, IL

Please add me to the list. i will send you an envelope soon.

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

Just an FYI on collecting the seeds....I put the whole seed head in a plastic container with a lid and shake the heck out of it. The seeds "free" themselves and my fingers don't suffer any pricks from the "spines".

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks, Ginger_H - - good idea that i will probably use next fall. my problem is with advancing RA, not stickers as i wore sturdy gloves to handle the seedheads. it is increasingly becoming more difficult for me to provide seed packets sans chaff because of RA in my hands.

Thumbnail by LazLo
Conroe, TX(Zone 9a)

Lazlo,
Don't worry, send chaff and all and we can handle it! I just appreciate the seeds.

Evanston, IL

I agree with bobyrd. Thanks for the seeds!

Fountain, FL(Zone 8a)

You're welcome,LazLo....I learned to do it that way the hard way. OUCH

Northern Piedmont, NC(Zone 7b)

chaff is fine with me too.

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Doesn't bother me to have chaf .

Machesney Park, IL

Hi, I would love some lions head seeds. seeding my sae tomorrow. Thanks Deb

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

please sign me up; I grew L. leonurus in 2007 and it was fantastic, but alas, not hardy for me. Am dmailing you....Thanks!!

(Marymac) Statesvi, NC(Zone 7a)

please sign me up as well..get envelope out to you by Monday..thanks
>>mary

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

May I also try these seeds? Having drought resistant plants is a real bonus for me.

Thank you.

Eagle Point, OR(Zone 8a)

Would love to try some. I will put SABE in Mondays mail.

Thank you,
Patti

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

bump . . . still plenty to share . . .

Carrollton, OH(Zone 6a)

LazLo we had a death in the family ,I will get you the SABE and stamps ASAP.Thanks,Synda

Büllingen, Belgium(Zone 6b)

I would like to have some, but unfortunately I can't send you SABE, because I can't buy american stamps here.
On your want list are Sisyrinchium angustifolium and Sisyrinchium striatum. I have seeds of both. Maybe we can trade?
Or I can PayPal you
Jonna

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Jonna - - that is a great idea - - let's do the trade . . . I will put the seeds into the wind for you with today's mail. also see my DMail.

ATBTY ~ £az

Thumbnail by LazLo
Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Lazlo, My envie went out in todays mail. Thanks

Please
llll
Please
llll
Please
llll
Please

I LOVE this plant; it is so unusual and it calls my name EVERY time I see it!

Thanks double much!

April

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Got your seeds today. Thank you so much. You are really generous. I will plant them this weekend. Where do you get your little baggies? Thank you. :)

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

i get pkgs of zip bags from the local Hobby Lobby or Michael's stores . . . they usually have various sizes that are good for seeds and they have packs that have varieties of sizes within them . . . i wish i could find a good, yet cheap source of glassine envelopes - - like the ones which were readily available when i was a boy collecting postage stamps - -

a caveat for using zip bags - - you must be certain the seeds have completely dried before storing them in plastic, else they may either sprout or be destroyed by the damp.

Ames, NE(Zone 5b)

Don are the Lion's Tail seeds still available.LMK
Dmail please.Thank you

Tubby

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Lazlo -- got the seeds today - and am going to start them right now. I have my little front porch converted to a greenhouse of sorts. So it might be snowing tomorrow but it will be nice and warm on my front porch!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.