Just stick flowers in a vase!

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

Nice one, Blossom. I wish that i can grow lilacs.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

This is one of those good years for me with them.. I wonder if the ice storm and the flooding had anything to do with making them so beautiful! I sure did not use the newspaper to whack them with, but they did do well if I must say so myself

I will have to try to remember to take a photo of the bushes! They are near peak ina few days!

Couple more days and my snowball bush is going to be gangbusters in bloom too!

Sadly, I did not get any bloom on the forsythias.. hmmm.. none! I swear! They went to leaves right away

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Oh blossom I love those snowball bushes, can't wait to see. I have several lilac bushes and they only reap a few posies each year, never sure why as they are 20 years +, but just don't produce. Better go and whack them LOL!
We dont do any fastfood joints here, just cannot stand the stuff. I'd rather just eat a sandwich than spend money for that crappy stuff. Steve is an excellent cook and I don't do too bad myself and we just can't justify spending money to eat out when we like what we have here. Okay will jump off that bandwagon LOL!
I'll head back into the bushes now and lurk with the camera!

london England, United Kingdom

Beautiful arrangement with the lilacs and daffs Blossom! Did you split the stems before they went in water?

Well said Candee, you can't beat home cooked food!
It's no wonder all the kids are so unhealthy these days with the junk they eat!

I've got my eye on a few lilac blooms I saw hanging over someone's fence on the way home the other day!
Might take my scissors with me next week LoL!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Take them with you Terri, ours bloomed but so much rain cannot get out there to cut them and likely not much fragrance left in them, but they are out there!

South, TX

I'm so sad. It is getting hot and my nasturtiums are on the way out... :(

Oh well, I am waiting for fall already, ha. Not a fan of hot weather.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the kudus on the blooms terri!

Well, no terri I did not split the stems, but unless breaking them off the bush without scissors counts as splitting them, well then sooo be it!

I did go back and "prune " the breaks on the tree though....trying to keep the bushes tidy.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Sorry sally, you are losing to the heat and we are losing to the drenching rains! Must admit I see my nasdturtiaim from the window and the are growing like weeds, but still early. Maters are dying rom the rains!

Sorry it's getting too hot for you Sally. Stay cool! No sign of my Nasturtiums yet, hope they come back!

Thanks Blossom, I know sometimes with those woody stems the flowers flop, will see if I can aquire a few lilac stems..... lol.

South, TX

Haighr, we are SOOO VERY DRY. It is awful. We water with the sprinkler system, but rain is what we need. Especially the big trees, FOUNDATIONS of the houses, and of course wild animals etc. It is really bad.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I wish I could send some of this to you Sally cause I've had enough of it for a while!

South, TX

If only we could share extra rain. Houston has had TONS of rain, but nothing for us.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

You can have mine as soon as it come s back! I swear we live in the batchplug of the country! I am sure it will be here again anytime!

I'm filling up all my watering cans for you Sally!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I can't even get out to get a can Sally it is raining/pouring at this very moment and doesn't plan to let up any time soon.

South, TX

I have the sprinkler system on....We have had 1 1/2 inches this year. :(

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

One extreme to the other Sally, I believe we lost 34 of our 36 maters and likely the potatoes have rotted in the ground and the cauliflower and broccoli are likely beaten to nothing - just not sure about the carrots?

South, TX

Extremes are not good for sure! So sorry you are losing your veggies. Drought and drowning are both not good!

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Dont feel bad, I dont even have our potatoes in and they are growing in the bag that they are setting in while I wait until the garden is doable. I know we have over 10 inches of rain in the last month.. I am just thanking God it aint snow!

I set three maters out into the garden today.. I am hedging on doing any more since I already lost 6 in the can and that was in the GPS.

Heres extreme arranging! I went to get a nursery can this afternoon and found this little begger making arrangements in it!! LOL!

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY
South, TX

OH my goodness! How precious! It this on the ground? I hope no cats come to kill the birds.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

Yes! The derned pot was blown off my stack into some tall grasses and I was going to pick it up but low and behold the sweet thing in it.

Bad news is is yeah, we got enogh bad stary cats around here, but I also heard a snake in the grass near the nest. I saw the grass move where the snake was, but never did actually see the snake only heard it as it slithered against thedried grass. So hopefully this little baby will make it, but he has tough odds.

Seems most of my nesting robins this year have taking a low approach to their home building. I dont know why, but they have and have picked places like tops of fence posts, on top of the kennel, just all sorts of low places and you would think they would pick better. I had one on the porce, but the danged stray cat got her and left 3 orphand eggs..

Well, if sticking a nest in a container is as close to sticking it in a vase as I can get today, this is the flower in it!! LOL!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Precious blossom, wonder why they are building so low to ground? Interesting fact, sure there is some reason.
Thanks Dianne, sure hope there is something left when this is over, it poured yesterday when I got home and kept up all night and today just as dark and miserable as it can be.

Watseka, IL(Zone 5a)

OH, THEY ARE BUILDIGN THEM EVERYWHERE, BUT SHOOT, WHY SO LOW TO WHERE THE CATS OR SNAKES CAN GET THEM IS BEYOND ME! i HAVE ONE THAT BUILD UNDER A TUB ON MY KENNEL.. hAVE NOT SEEN HER FOR A DAY OR SO.. WIL PEAK TO SEE IF SHE HAS ANY EGGS.

i HAVE BARN SWALLOWS TOO AND THEY ARE AWESOME. gOOD MOSQUITO EATERS!

(OOPS! SO sorry about the caps. dint realize my key was stuck! shhhh!)

Christchurch, New Zealand

my co- worker did flowers for the Mother's Day lunch...

Thumbnail by dalfyre

this is one she did for ANZAC Day - 25 April...
they have lasted well, the poppies are artificial but the rest is real.

Thumbnail by dalfyre

last one...
this & the arrangements in the two previous pics were done by Jan Nuttall for the Papanui RSA.

Thumbnail by dalfyre
Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Very talented co-worker, those are all splendid!

Hi dalfyre, Thanks for sharing Jan's arrangements, they are lovely! Love the vase in the first one and those large Carnations must smell gorgeous?

New thread everyone, see you there!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/989496/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.