Salvia Question

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Becky,

Your scallop leaved Salvia looks like Salvia roemeriana to me.
Check out http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1918/

Danita

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Danita,

Thanks. That's it for sure. It comes back, but also self seeds.

Becky

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

Hey There All,

It's been a long while!!
Just want to let you salvia lover's know I'll be having a few Salvia 'Agrentina' & 'Purple Majesty' for trade in October for the Ga group.
A favorite for the hummer's. Dig up & cleaning out beds...... I'm wanting red salvia on any kind plants or seeds.

Hey Becky, Got any Salvia roemeriana to share? Did your Agrentina & San Carlos salvia do will for you this year?

Donna

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Hey Donna,

I have lots of roemeriana. It seeded out in the mulch, so I have lots to dig. It does die back here at frost. The Argentina died, but the San Carlos reseeded and is a hummer magnet. Not sure why I lost the Argentina, but I lost a couple other things in that bed. Of course, everything I have is drowning now, LOL.

Becky

Donna in Douglas, GA(Zone 8b)

Becky, I'll save you some Agrentina so you can try in again!! Are you flooded out???

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

We aren't flooded out, but our septic drainfield is very saturated. My DS had to move out of his house because his septic is backed up into the tubs. Never thought we'd be praying for dry weather!

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

sun is out now - for a little while. i know more rain is coming. Oh, dreading the flood. We had a little water in our sunroom but many of our neighbors who have basement are flooded!

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Becky, where does your DS live? I am sorry for him; I've had that problem except it was "builder-error" caused and the sewage backed up into my washing machine - since it was the lowest plumbing fixture. Yikes. Not good.

I just went out for the first time all week (yes, lilli, we are having the sunshine break too!) and the mosquitoes were terrible! It was like attack jets after you.

Several new things bloomed while "I was not looking" this week: Corkscrew vine, Pineapple sage and the hardy ageratum is in full bloom. Purple Dome aster too. But still no joy from my Ginger Lily plants. I have them in 3 locations but none look like they intend to bloom. I just don't have the touch for them. My Salvia leucantha is finally blooming - is it this late for everyone?

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi Pam,

DS lives in Buford near the mall. He is on a hill, but the drainfield is behind the house in a flat spot. Had 2 inches of water on the grass back there. It went away yesterday and he is back home after disinfecting the bathrooms. I really feel for people who got flooded. I've had that happen in the past and it is a horrible experience, whether its 2 inches or feet. Damage is not easy to fix.

Nothing new blooming here, just the same old swamp hibiscus, coneflowers and perilla. I've got to cut down that perilla before it seeds everywhere LOL.

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Becky, your poor DS. I agree. Water damage is difficult.

My swamp hibiscus is not blooming but it is new this year so maybe later....I noticed my "tea plant" / Camellia sinensis is blooming.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.