Seeds for Newbies #4 - Changes afoot!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

I understand!! Enough said on that one!!
Everything with names on it has been finished and is mailing.

(Maggi) Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

Nice tile! Do you make those? Wow, me want - LOL!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Critter,
The seeds arrived. What a great package of seeds everyone. Critter sent lots of new things!!

Thank You Critter
New Thread
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/962951/

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Are you Green today? Happy St Paddys Day

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Well Yes Flower I am

Miles City, MT(Zone 3b)

OK, I got this far. Now, I am new to Dave's Garden but not necessarily a new gardener. I have lots of seed I would like to donate for the newbie gardener, so I need to know where to send it. I would love to also receive a newbie package of different seeds. I have moonflower (bush not vine), nicotina(really tall white flowered type) hibiscus, castorbean,( several different ones) and several others. Would you be interested? If so, just let me know. Thank you, Lee

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Ok you send them to arejay and you can go to extras and find her address under address exchange and just pack up your envie with the seed and send an extra envie to her along with 4 stamps,the envie she sends back to you should be a SABE and a list of what you would like and she will gladly accommodate you with seed in return. Welcome aboard.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Thank You Flower!! How is the greenhouse coming? Pictures yet?

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Yeah i got pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is me in front of the frame.

Thumbnail by flowerfantasy
Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

This is after we got the canopy on it.

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Side view.

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

I have it filled up too !!!!!!!!!!! Got all of the plants out of my kitchen LOL. I actually have a table now !!!!!!

Caro, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi. I'm a garden newbie and I think that it is just wonderful what you are doing here. I would love to get started with some of the seeds that you have offered. I started my garden last year and hope that I will have some seeds to contribute this year myself. I've read through this thread and think that I have the info correct. The sharing that is done between gardeners is as beautiful as the flowers themselves. Now to get started, do I send the envy to LorraineR's address or to arejay59?

Mary Ellen

(Maggi) Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

Send it to arejay59 please :~)

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Flower that is great . You must be so excited. Thank You Maggie. Mary Ellen I am in the address exchange, but if you need more info send me a dmail.
Robin

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

I saw where you had replied to Lorraines post arejay . That is so great she was on for a little bit was so glad to hear from her.
How are Ya?

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Flower,
Yes it was good to see her post. I busy but so are you with that new greenhouse!!!

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Well that's isn't the only thing I been busy with. I have had a bunch of plants I ordered and I have been potting them up and Dh has been doing some more clearing out scrub trees and all that stuff. The last few days though I haven't done much as I have been having a problem with my right hand.

Caro, MI(Zone 5a)

Thank you Robin & maggiedew. I have the padded mailer and stamps now just have to find my mailing labels. I'll get it out in the mail today or tomorrow. This is exciting...it feels like Christmas! : )

Mary Ellen

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Ill be ready for your envie Mary Ellen!!

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

HI arejay ! hows things going?

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Flower,
How are you? And the new greenhouse?? I have had a week!! Whew time to catch my breathe...I am going to post for the May swap soon. Any ideas? Are you planning to join?
Robin

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

I will if I have what is being swapped LOL. Glad you got a breather wouldn't want to to run out of breath LOL Got lots of stuff in the GH waiting to be put out when it gets warm enough. I went shopping today and got stuff to build our patio with and ended up spending almost a 100. in plants. Found some primrose that I had been looking for and found 2 hugh hostas for 3.00 a piece and then got some bulbs for my sister.
Are you in need of more seed packets yet? if so let me know and I will make up some more.
Flower

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

What do you think would make a good May swap? Any thoughts on it? That was a deal 3.00 a piece for Hostas I just got three from the coop. They look great. I am staying out of the nurseries and the greenhouses though to tempting for me. Today is the first time I can recall seeing the sunshine in way over a week. I had some big trees taken down two weeks ago to let some light in so I was out moving brush this afternoon it was all in my flower garden!! I'm not sure but I think I am getting to old for that!! I will need packets soon if you are willing. I have gotten several bulk packages this last couple of weeks from some very generous Members!! We have had quite a few newbies send envies this week.

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Ok will get started on them and I will also send some of the clear plastic ones too. What about windchimes or bulbs swap. Even any kind of plant would be ok too. Small bird feeders or houses.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Thank You flower. I didn't think about swapping things like that. I will take that into consideration!!

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Do you need more seeds? I can get more and package if you want them. I had stopped harvesting the firecracker canna seeds, but they are still producing,

Thumbnail by mittsy
Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Mittsy,
Thank You, The Canna is a popular one....I will add whatever anyone sends. Keeping the box fresh and full for Lorraine's return!! You can see how excited the new people get when they get their packages. Those of you , all of you that donate and continue to donate make this wonderful.I wont list names because I have senior moments sometimes and I would be apt to leave a name out and I would not want to, nor mean to everyone of you are generous and appreciated.Every seed or envelope you send makes the world a little easier to look at somewhere.
Robin

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Robin, It's very nice that you have taken over for Lorraine. I'll get a box together and get them out to you.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

My white morning glories have started blooming so hopefully I can harvest a lot of seeds this year (provided it doesn't rain all summer again) and then I can send in some seeds :) I can't wait to give something back. Everyone is so generous!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Thank You Mittsy,
Robin

Clinton, IA

Hi Robin-I'm a newbie and would love to have some flower seeds! I will be sending you the evny soon. Thanks so much and I hope Lorraine is feeling better.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Good Morning RTgardens,
Welcome. If you need hep with the address exchange let me know.
Robin

Grants Pass, OR

Hello Robin-Just found thread for newbies WOW what a wonderful thing, I'm good in my garden but really new on the computer so finding my way back to forums I like is a bit of a challenge..I put my info in the address exchange and would love to get some seeds. Will be sending envy soon if I can find you in the exchange. :)

Merkel, TX

My Newbie SASBE on the way with 5 stamps enclosed and a list of what is most wanted. To recap, I have a broken leg that wont heal, so really need some bone knit herb, as well as any other healing herbs, We love peppers, hotter the better, and since money is tight with me not working need any other seeds for edible plants. Must be practical right now, flowers maybe next year if I am able to walk. Thanks for everything. The love and healing vibes are much appreciated. Kathy aka Filaluvr in Texas

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Good Morning,
Catmom1 send me a dmail if you have trouble.
Filaluvr ,
I am sorry to hear you are struggleing with the leg. I will see what I can find for helpful herbs, I know we have some good hot peppers...Critter just sent them. Some tomatoes, squash,what other veggies are you looking for?
Here a link to Comfrey for you. http://www.ageless.co.za/comfrey.htm
Have a great day everyone the sun was out here yesterday. Whew I needed it.
Robin

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh good, I'm glad you still have peppers for her... was feeling guilty because my seeds are getting packed away for the season & couldn't easily pull a packet together for Fila. Thanks, Robin!

Clinton, IA

Hi Robin-I will be getting my evny together and sending them ASAP. I can't think of a better birthday gift for myself :) Thank-You so much! BTW if I have a extra seeds to donate do they have to be from something I have grown or can they be from seed packets from the garden center? I'll make sure I'll send along a wish list for seeds.
Thanks Again.

Anymore Birthdays out there today?

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Store bought seeds are fine!! Will be watching for your envie...
Thank You Critter...

Ames, NE(Zone 5b)

For all you frog lovers..Hey Lorraine hope your up reading..

Subject:�A Frog Goes To The Bank

A frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. He can see from her nametag that her name is Patricia Whack.

"Miss Whack, I'd like to get a $30,000 loan to take a holiday."

Patty looks at the frog in disbelief and asks his name. The frog says his name is Kermit Jagger, his dad is Mick Jagger, and that it's okay, he knows the bank manager.

Patty explains that he will need to secure the loan with some collateral.

The frog says, "Sure. I have this," and produces a tiny porcelain elephant, about an inch tall, bright pink and perfectly formed.

Very confused, Patty ex plains that she'll have to consult with the bank manager and disappears into a back office.

She finds the manager and says, "There's a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow $30,000, and he wants to use this as collateral."

She holds up the tiny pink elephant.. "I mean, what in the world is this?"

(you're gonna love this)

The bank manager looks back at her and says...

"It's a knickknack, Patty Whack. Give the frog a loan, His old man's a Rolling Stone."

(You're singing it, aren't you? Yeah, I know you are........)�

Never take life too seriously! Come on now, you grinned, I know you did!!!
Have a lovely day

HEEE HEEE!!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.