Seeds for Newbies #4 - Changes afoot!

Gilmer, TX(Zone 8a)

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/949552/

OK, arejay59 is taking over the seeds for newbies for a little while. I know she'll do a great job.

I'll be back :)

Thumbnail by LorraineR
(Maggi) Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

Just to clear up any confusion, Lorraine asked for help with the seeds for newbies and Robin (arejay59) stepped up, what a sweetie she is!

Lorraine gave me her password so I could log in and answer newbie seeds Dmails and post about the change of 'leadership' to Robin.

Lorraine is getting better every day in every way! Thanks for all your prayers and well-wishes.

Maggi

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Links to directions for free seeds below.
Robin

New Thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/962951/

This message was edited Mar 15, 2009 11:23 AM

Thumbnail by arejay59
Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Everyone !!
Please don't be scared!! I am certainly not Lorraine nor can I fill her shoes. I will do my best until she is back to 100% and ready to make the envies!!
I have seen so many of the old...I say this very lightly everyone...I have seen all of the ...Old Timers being so helpful in Lorraine's absence. Thank You you are appreciated.
Here is the letter that I send to Newbies as I find them. It should give you the information you need to get your free seeds.
Welcome . I am new to Dave's Garden too. I wanted to let you know,some of the others here at Dave's would like to offer you 10 or more packets of free seeds. Just to say welcome and to "pay it forward" because so many of the DGer's helped them when they first joined.
Here is a link to the thread with instructions for you. Hope to hear from you,we have seeds in the packets just waiting for new owners.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/939661
Have fun,
Robin
Send your envie to me. Here is the link to the address exchange.
http://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/

This message was edited Mar 5, 2009 3:51 PM

This message was edited Mar 5, 2009 6:28 PM

This message was edited Mar 14, 2009 2:03 AM

Thumbnail by arejay59
Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Not so good already !! I don't know why but the whole message won't go up. I will try again later. Until then'''
Dmail me if you have any questions.
Thanks
Robin

Ames, NE(Zone 5b)

Thanks Robin..I'm sure you will do fine if we can help LMK

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Thank You TubbyT

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

arejay if you need help LMK. Will do what I can.

Coushatta, LA

Robin,that was very sweet of you to help out Lorraine.

Thanks Cody

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Thank You Flower.And Cody
Just want Lorraine to get better.

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

I received the wonderful package of goodies (thank you Lorraine!) but I have a question about one of the seed packs. It is labeled Confederate Rose Red. The seeds have little fuzzy spikes sticking out all over them. I am not familiar with this and there is no latin name...can anybody tell me about it?

San Francisco Bay Ar, CA(Zone 9b)

I don't know for certain this is what you have, but here is some info on Confederate Rose (Hibiscus mutabilis): http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/714/

Muscoda, WI(Zone 4b)

Yikes, might have to send those on to someone several zones south of me!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Kraehill
Im glad you asked and got an answer. But I didnt want that to be the answer!! Im in 5a kinda b and I have a ton of them and I want to plant them. How about container planting them? Im going to fid out who sent me these and see if they have any ideas.
Robin

Ames, NE(Zone 5b)

I have some Confederate Rose Red also.And I'm in zone 5b.Hope you find out we can grow them here.....Crossing my fingers.

Tubby

Coushatta, LA

Thanks Robin.

Hi everyone,my hubby knows everything about plants and he said that it is too cold their to plant Confederate Rose in the ground.In order to grow it outside you have to live in zone 7b-10.

Cody

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Thank You Cody, I guess I need pots.

Coushatta, LA

You are very welcome Robin.If you ever need to ask what you can grow or what will grow,he will know.

Cody

Their is alot of things that i would love to grow here but can't.So either way we are in the same boat.LOL............

Grayslake, IL(Zone 5a)

Got my seeds today! Excellent! And the little packets are so cute!

I got some of the hibiscus too, 'Red Heart', it looks gorgeous. There's a note in PlantFiles from someone who grows them in zone 5b so I'm going to give it a shot. Does anyone know if they need to be stratified first? Maybe I'll save some for my first experiment in winter sowing next winter.

Thanks to all of you generous donors!

Thumbnail by grrrlgeek
Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

GRRl here , Robynsnest has a whole thread on hibiscus http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=4569927

Büllingen, Belgium(Zone 6b)

Robin, are there enough seeds for the Newbies or do you want some more?
Jonna

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

I dont know yet Jonna. The box will arrive shortly I think. Ther are probably 20 letters a day that I send out to newbies so I dont know how many that takes. I am new to the sending of the seeds and I was an English student in my day...math was for boys...imagine, I am calulator dependent. 20x10x365 my goodness!!

Hey All!

I picked up the box of seeds from Lorraine today and will get it in the mail to Robin on Monday.

I also have and will send the envies Lorraine has received up till today. Anything she gets after today we will send on to Robin.

I have a little idea about a gift for Miss Lorraine, if anyone is interested, please Dmail me :~)

Maggi

Conroe, TX

what a nice thing to do.

McNeal, AZ

Hello all.. Recieved my envy of seeds today.. MANY,MANY thanks to all that contibuted seeds & sent them..MRS was very happy about the flower seeds also..Thanks again,great site & great peoples Too..G/G

Holland, MI

Looking forward to those seeds. Looks like I have to make the garden larger AGAIN!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Arejay, I hope you can still use extra seeds, because I have some to send your way -- all ready to go in labeled packets. :-)

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Thank You Critter!!

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6b)

Hi Arejay,
I have some seeds I would like to send you to help out. I was sent some when I started and it had helped me so very much because I did not have much at all. I will not be able to get them out until Monday. Please let me know if you would like them.

I sure hope Lorraine gets feeling better!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

I hope she does too. I miss her. I would like your seeds Mam.

I will tell Lorraine that she is greatly missed and much-loved here. I am sure she'll be back really soon :~)

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Thank You Maggie. The seeds have arrived!! I don't say seeds lightly. Newbies you will be happy!! The box is plum full. There has to be something for everyone in every zone in there!! Lorraine has certainly been the Angel of the newbies, along with all the others that have shared their seeds.
Free seeds for newbies is ready again.
Send your envelopes and stamps there are plenty to go around!!
Robin

Thumbnail by arejay59
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Sent 5 dozen or so packets on their way yesterday... you should get them soon!

( Kris) Smiths, AL(Zone 8a)

Hey, Did you get my stamps? They were mailed last week, at least my DH SAID he mailed the stamps and envie...sigh,,,lol. That box looks so good!!
Talk to you all later.
Kris

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Kris,
Yes I did it is packaged and on the way back to you on Monday morning.
Robin

Fayetteville, PA

Hi everyone,
I am new to this. Someone kindly directed me here to get some seed but I cannot find directions on how to get them. Someone help please?!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Meicken Check your Dmail I sent the instructions to you
Robin

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi Everyone !!
Please don't be scared!! I am certainly not Lorraine nor can I fill her shoes. I will do my best until she is back to 100% and ready to make the envies!!
I have seen so many of the old...I say this very lightly everyone...I have seen all of the ...Old Timers being so helpful in Lorraine's absence. Thank You you are appreciated.
Here is the letter that I send to Newbies as I find them. It should give you the information you need to get your free seeds.
Welcome . I am new to Dave's Garden too. I wanted to let you know,some of the others here at Dave's would like to offer you 10 or more packets of free seeds. Just to say welcome and to "pay it forward" because so many of the DGer's helped them when they first joined.
Here is a link to the thread with instructions for you. Hope to hear from you,we have seeds in the packets just waiting for new owners.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/949552/
Have fun,
Robin
Send your envie to me. Here is the link to the address exchange.
http://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/

This message was edited Mar 15, 2009 11:08 AM

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

New Thread Here.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/962951/

( Kris) Smiths, AL(Zone 8a)

Oh Thanks Robin,
My Dh is so forgetful, I am glad he did mail them. One time I asked him to mail a package for some tiles I sold on e-bay and 3 weeks later the person started sending me the meanest e-mails. I fianlly found the package under the seat in his truck. I was so embarassed,,lol

Thumbnail by Elfs_Garden

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.