First of March, first day of spring... what did you do?

Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

after rising, ready to go in the oven

Thumbnail by goofybulb
Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

... and out of the oven

Thumbnail by goofybulb
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

MMMMMMMM, Yum! I'll have one,please? And pass the recipe! Those look GOOD!

I've been working on my miniatures at home; making knick knacks and food items, then March 6th came to my daughter's. I am house sitting and watching my granddog and grandcat while my daughter and family are on vacation for Spring Break.

I have painted my oldest granddaughter's dollhouse exterior Cream, trim is lt brown, and shutters are burgundy. The interior ceilings are now white, and now I am getting ready to run the wires for the lights, and hang wallpaper.

I've been doing some other things as well, but I've got to go get busy, so when I have more pictures to post, I'll catch you up over on the other thread.

While typing this my granddaughter called and asked, "Do you have a preference on the color for your MuuMuu? I said, "Red, blue, or black! Then I asked, "Do you have a preference for the color of your dollhouse carpet? She said, "No, not really!" She said, "Got to go"....and we both said, "Bye" at exactly the same time! HaHa!

Cell phones are great, actually, TECHNOLOGY is great! I'm sitting here "typing to y'all" talking to my family on Oahu......how is that for a day?

Aloha y'all!
Jeanne

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Goofy....you make me feel a part of your life....the traditions, the love, the laughter....everything!!! Thank you so much....and....keep them coming. Next time someone asks I will probably tell them I am a closet Romanian... You are wonderful!!!!!

Dutchlady...that soup sounds wonderful!!! I am going to make it!

Carol

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Goofy, ditto Carol! Thanks so much for the wonderful information on Romania! People are great, food is great, scenery's great....what more could you ask for? Thanks for sharing your loving memories with us, Alex!

By the way are you done with your paper yet?

Jeanne

Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

OK, my friends, here's a whole bunch of them...

I really wish I could share them "live" with you all! I'm not a bad cook, and I'd love to have you here! Well, now I don't know too much more for the spring celebrations, until the Spring equinox, but I like to share with you some good eats and little traditional things.

And... you gals need to get out of the closet! I managed to teach my Chinese lab-mate (we became almost like sisters, working together for 6 years, and spending more time in the lab than at home) to make and bake cozonac. So, you have to try it once, it really sounds harder than it is, especially if you have a kitchen robot (saved my life and breath that one, LOL!). Since I've got it, it's more waiting than working... Of course, on the downside, I have some good Romanian friends that do not make them... but their mothers make them, so they are never missed on occasions.

The cozonac dough is the basis for 3 things: (1) the cozonac, as I wrote it in the winter traditions thread (Jeanne, I'll Dmail it to you, so you don't have to search) - one makes them for any important celebration (New Year, Easter, Christmas, weddings, baptisms, etc) but not only (I make them if I have guests too), (2) the "mucenici" (only made for March 9th), and (3) "pasca" (has a cheese/sour-cream filling and looks like a cheesecake) made only for Easter.

Thumbnail by goofybulb
Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

... About school and stuff: I presented my thesis, and now I'm (still) making corrections for the written thesis, and my mentor wants to submit the paper with my data, so he keeps interrupting me on my work to the thesis. But I think I'm really close to getting it done and over with. I didn't think it will take me that long... it's already a month since I started fulfilling the suggestions and requests. Again, my first priority is not his (he only cares about the paper, not my written thesis that has a deadline). I (have to) care about both...

Jeanne, I'll be waiting for new pics on your dollhouse thread, I have it watched! I say it again, your granddaughters are so lucky to have you, and building and decorating the dollhouse is such a sweet family activity in your house! I just love it!

I wanted to show you something else that happened here for spring celebrations: my first iris in this home!

Hugs,
Alexandra

Thumbnail by goofybulb
Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Oh Alex, they look so yummy!
Trying to catch up with all the threads after having 7 weeks of company, I've missed you guys!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Alex, great, those look and sound so delicious! Wow! That is a beautiful iris! You are doing so well with your plants!
My pink and white azaleas are really in full bloom. They look so pretty!

We're still working on the dollhouse, but it's almost there. I got three rooms wallpapered today. I have few touchup to do, window trim, and need to find carpet. I've decided the girls can shingle the roof! I'm tired.

I bet that you are "ready" to be done with your thesis! You have worked so hard on it, you certainly deserve that degree!

I'll post some pictures of the dollhouse later. I'm home, but about to leave to go back to my daughter's before dark. I have trouble driving in the dark, and I need to go to Lowes' yet also.

Thanks for the recipe!

Jeanne

This message was edited Mar 14, 2009 4:40 PM

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Alex....beautiful Iris!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.