WHAT IF?

Lakeview, OR(Zone 7b)

QUESTION: I just saw a couple of cyclamen and wondered if they can be leaf started? You know how we growers are, we see possibilities in everything!

Thumbnail by mortswife97630
Caddo Mills, TX(Zone 8a)

Everything I researched says that propagation is done by seeds, but I would absolutely try it. Let us know how it turns out for you.

Lakeview, OR(Zone 7b)

Thanks, Tina. Are you near Norman? I have a cousin there I just met through geneology. Photo is one of my AV leaves I just got. It's "Ode to Beauty".

Caddo Mills, TX(Zone 8a)

I'm not to far from Norman about 30 minutes or so. Nice pic by the way. Have you started the leaf node yet?

Lakeview, OR(Zone 7b)

OK Tina. I'm not well read up on nodes. I planted the leaf and it is doing nicely. I put them [actually about 30] in plastic cups that have a dome. I check them every day for water and they like the grow light. I am working on a set up for my camera on my lap top [it's Vista] so I can take photos. My "Ma's Toxic Waste" has one bloom from the 2 1/2" plant I got the first of the month. I have to mail order everything as I live beyond the middle of nowhere. :-)

Anchorage, AK

That is a really pretty AV! Where did you get it? AKA where I can get one LOL!

Lakeview, OR(Zone 7b)

Thanks. I believe that is a leaf and therefore I got it at Drew's Violets I think.

Anchorage, AK

Thank you! I just went to their website and WOW I think I'll be there for awhile! :) Thanks for letting me know.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

We have an African Violet forum. There are lots of great places to look for plants in the stickey at the top of the forum.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/av/all/

Anchorage, AK

ooooooo! Well you know I'll be checking that out! I used to have tons of AV's but I moved and had to get rid of them. Looking forward to rebuilding my collection soon. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.