Xanadu?

Lakeview, OR(Zone 7b)

Is anybody growing an Xanadu? Is it like the other philodendron's you see? Talk to me.

Thumbnail by mortswife97630
North Augusta, ON

Here is the Plant Files page on it, scroll down to read the reviews.
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/59808/

( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

I think that I have that plant I always called it split leaf Philodendron I have had it for while than in the late spring I put it outside and it gets so much bigger I love this plant than I pull out small plants that started and get the roots buy just keeping in water
Dimmer(AKA) Kim

Thumbnail by Dimmer
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Mortswife,

Xanadu is widely grown as a landscape plant in the south half of Florida. It is about the same as the common split leaf when it comes to water, fertilizer, light etc. Unlike the split leaf Xanadu prefers shade (it tolerates low light very well). It will grow in the sun, but, it needs lots and lots of water (and FL is running out of water).

Here is a planting of Xanadu (botton left), a similar hybrid called Showboat (to the right & above in the frame) that grows larger and Sago Palms at Epcot in Orlando>

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Here is another photo of Xanadu by itself>

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Anchorage, AK

Nice Xanadu plants! I have a question to add. I have a Xanadu inside and it isn't as full as it could be. Any thoughts on how to get it to fill out again? I think it may not get enough light to be really happy but I don't have a bright window my cat can't get to LOL. Would putting it in a larger pot do any good?

( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

I am not sure on this and if I do have a Xanadu or split leave Phil may be both the same but once it gets warm I put mine on the deck full sun
Dimmer

(Zone 1)

Dimmer: You have one of the tree Philodendrons: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/37036/ They are grown as landscape plants down here in Florida and get very large. I have them growing in my side yard and they were hit hard by a couple of freezes we had this winter but are putting out lots of new growth already.

( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

I have been getting new growth and I pull some of them out and have them in water growing Than after a while I put them in dirt it works
I have given Susan one and its doing good when warm weather comes I put it on the deck

(Zone 1)

I bet it grows like crazy when the weather is warm and you can put it outside!

This is some in my side yard

Thumbnail by plantladylin
(Zone 1)

And, this is one by itself, outside the screen room in the backyard. You can see from this photo why they are called Tree Philodendron's ... they grow tall and do look like trees.

Thumbnail by plantladylin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.