Poor baby's needed

Reno, NV

I think I need a couple poor baby's today. My husband just called to let me know his truck is dead. We've been having car issues for months now. First mine, then his, then mine. We're supposed to go on vacation this next weekend but it's going to be a bit more difficult with the limited amought of money right now. But of course the reservations aren't refundable. We put in a brand new furnace a couple months ago to reduce costs. Then the power rates went up. Our use is down almost 1/2 of last year but with the increase the total is just as bad. And to top it off, the boiler at work just broke and my office wont have heat til Thurday at the earliest. It's supposed to snow for the next week. I think I'll see if I can get a heater from my sister. The clients can use it over nights and then during the day when they aren't in this house I can keep the offices warm.

Basicaly I hate this time of year. I'm tired. I'm cranky, I'm worried, and I need a pat on the back and and Oh, Poor Baby.

gosh, duchessdreams, I'm really sorry to hear you are having so much hardship right now. wish I was better at offering encouragement but I can say " oh you Poor Baby" and let you know I care and I believe things will get better.
(((((duchessdreams)))))

can I send you a few veggie seeds? (man that sounds dumb when you need vehicles fixed and heat)

Angele

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

{{{{{{duchessdreams}}}}} It is so disheartening when alot of things go awry at the same time, especially at this time of year when winter is OLD. I have dmailed you.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

When it rains it pours. All of the "fix me" problems are bad enough, but possibly losing money on your vacation has to be pretty disheartening. Hope you find some more economical solutions.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I can relate, on the furnace. Mine died -- completely-- had to be replaced two days before New Year's Eve! And no plumber was available to work on it until after New Year's Day. And most wouldn't have been able to work on it until Jan. 5. Luckily we found a good one and he got it in after $$$$ and about 5 days of work. We have flannel sheets and I was really glad to have them then -- but was careful not to wear a flannel night gown with them -- old joke from the Rocky Mt. forum.
I can say "Oh, you poor baby. Oh, you poor, poor baby." and am sending you lots of warm hugs.
These are tough times and the weather is pretty tough, too. But in a couple of months it will be spring, and the weather will be better and you will have a new furnace and eventually business will get better. And we will all be a lot happier and remember how tough we were during the hard times.
I wish you outstandingly good luck getting this all done.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Oh, geez. I send you a down comforter and a cup of cocoa. And fuzzy bunnies.

Reno, NV

Thank you guys. I really needed that. I actualy deleted the post a couple times before I posted, don't like to whine. But it really helps to hear your poor babies and the comforting things you've all said. Mental blankets and slippers and flanel and mental hugs are a big help.
Angele- you comfort just right:) and no it doesn't sound dumb it made me laugh.

It looks like the truck needs a new engine. I'm working on finding a loan. I'm going out of town anyway. This is why I save money. And I will prevail!! :)

"And we will all be a lot happier and remember how tough we were during the hard times." Paj- that is perfect!

Thank youall. I'm glad I did post this and I'm really glad I came over to the Rockies:)

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I am glad you did, too. I like to think of the Rockies as a place that encourages good mental health.

Reno, NV

:) Better than Valium.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Yes, and healthier too.

Helena, MT(Zone 4b)

Oh, my gosh, Duchess. I must tell you:
I track my temperature because of a metabolic problem I have; it helps me see how the thyroid & adrenal meds are working. The higher my temp, the better I feel.

I laughed so hard one night at your story about raw heart of seal, and then laughed my way to tears telling my DH about it. Then I took my temp and it had jumped up nearly a degree!

That is the way it is Duchess,
sharing troubles cuts them in half and sharing joys doubles them. You made me really happy by letting us know we (all of us) could help... so... can I send you some veggie seeds? ☺

Reno, NV

I would be happy to grow your seeds Angele:). They'll remind me every time that we really aren't ever alone and we don't have to walk our roads alone. I'll D-mail my address. And you did help very much.
Picante-I knew there was a medicinal use for heart of seal!
This place keeps me cracking up:)

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Hey, Duchess, I went awol for a couple days and did not notice this thread til now! Hope things are feeling a bit sweeter for ya. Those sudden money sinkholes can really bring a person down. Glad you decided to take that vacation anyways. Where are you going? (Forgive me if you already mentioned that....... seems everytime I post today I cross with someone, trying to get my rhythm back)

Remember, don't take any wooden hearts-of-seal! ;-)

Kyla

Reno, NV

I am felling bettter. At least getting my equilibrium back:). We're going down to Sacromento for the weekend. It's nothing fancy but my husband and I take mini-cations every couple of months. Just getting out of town, out of work for a long weekend helps alot. We're planning on going to the zoo, eating at random resturants, and sleeping as long as we want. Heven.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Oh that does sound lovely!

Equilibrium -- heck, they oughta issue us gyroscopes when we get born, I reckon, LOL!

Reno, NV

Ok I don't have an acronym for how hard that made me laugh!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

oh good.

a little care package is on the way... cause you can bury lots of troubles digging in the dirt
Have a good time on your minication, I hear minications are good medication
we'll be waiting for you right here

Reno, NV

I would go nuts without minications and dirty and clay under my nails. Well ok, more nuts:)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Clean floors. I get neurotic if the floors are clean. I have a couple of fall leaves in the kitchen, a sprinkling of peatmoss in the office, etc. etc.

Reno, NV

Lol. I have this image of a box full of potting mix on a heat pad under your desk. Just for those moments when you need to be barefoot in the dirt.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Brilliant idea!!!!

Carson City, NV(Zone 6b)

That sounds like a nice, relaxing weekend. Don't you just love the American River Parkway? We like to drive down with some friends in the winter to go biking on the trail. It's refreshing to see so much green after the garys and browns of winter around here. I wish Reno and Sparks would get their act together and fix up the river path.
Do you ever use restaurants.com? They don't list many restaurants in the Reno area but I bet Sac has a bunch.

Oops. Restaurant.com

This message was edited Feb 12, 2009 2:45 PM

Reno, NV

I'll have to try that site.
I love how lush everything looks down in the valley. I haven't used the river path much in years. I love to wander in the downtown area but as much as I like the park its a bit crowded down there now. One of my favoriet river areas is Oxbow park, off 2nd. Sigh. Last I heard it was still closed from that fire tho.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Nice idea duchessdreams. Hmm. On second thought, I do have cats ...

Reno, NV

I have a wonderful sister that a mile away. We trade cat sitting.

Reno, NV

Wait, The box. Opps. Yeah they'd have that everywhere in a heart beat.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Not to mention probly making use of it in a non-helpful manner.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

I'm not afraid of them removing the planter mix, its the deposits.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

The crazy ole cat would never do that. It will be 'mine'. I taught him 'mine' when he was a powderpuff so he won't play with or eat certain things.

Reno, NV

Oh lord. I really hadn't thought of that. Ugg. Not something for bare foot.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Not a desireable texture.

Santa Fe, NM

Well, hi! I came to this late. So that's where "poor baby" started. I am just plain slow today. That's all there is to it. Duchess, don't worry about whining. I am the whine champion! Doesn't bother me a bit. Sometimes things just don't go well. It is usually more than one thing. What can I say? You need the vacation. Another thing I like to do is every once in awhile just go to bed for a day! Not very often, but I find catching up on sleep and reading makes me feel better. Especially when it is cold and gray out. Sounds like things are already looking up. Chocolate helps. A chocolate seal heart!

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Roybird I am slow too, seems every time I post anywhere today someone is already posting and I get one of those red letter messages and then have to go back and see what else is going on which of course slows me down even more.

I am firmly in favor of as many hours or days in bed as one feels like indulging in! Chocolate is also good, under every circumstance I can think of.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7b)

Everybody needs a down day now and then.

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

absolutely

Gastonia, NC(Zone 7b)

Okay, and speaking of chocolate, if anyone ever made this for me I would probably be their slave for life:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/952110/

Everybody has days that seem like they are just too much.
Here is woe-is-me kitty. 99.9% of the time she is full of joie de vivre, but sheesh does everything rotten have to happen all at once?

Thumbnail by angele

oh wow Kyla, I had to unsnap my britches just reading that. YUM!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.