Let's See Your ARBORS and TRELLISES! Part 2

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

Off to your left from the arbor is some more monkey business. Six tomatoes all different in three Topsy Turvey growing slieves. The earliest is a grape tomato just now turning white.

Thumbnail by docgipe
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thats a wonderful spot.I like the slant that continues the roof line.

Page, ND

Yeah! I got one and the start of the 2nd!!! Simple style. My husband was expecting something bigger, fancier, but I like it.

Thumbnail by NDFarmgirl
Page, ND

start of the 2nd

Thumbnail by NDFarmgirl
Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Very nice! Now what are you going to grow on them ?

Page, ND

Not sure yet. I love lab-lab (egyptian pea vine) and once saw it growing with morning glories, but trying to find hte picture. Looking at everyone else's pictures to get ideas.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Farmgirl, Your gardens are so beautiful have you done all that yourself? Love the trellises, Great placement on the fist pic. I have just gotten a Hyacinth Bean and just love the look of it. We will see how it does for use. I was wondering about The roof on that bird feeder is it a green roof, looks like it could be?

Page, ND

Yep - me, mysself, and I. My husband farms, so I get a little help here and there when he's available. he did make me the arbors though!! The blue bird feeder has moss rose planted on it.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Hope this is new for some of you.
My neighbor gave me a pallat of flagg stone walk pavers.
DD helped place them today.
What would we do without our children.
This is her and the 2 walks, we have 9 pavers left but she will find a creative use for them.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I thought that roof looked green (planted). How is that working?
ge1836, that is looking very nice. Ah yes, helpful children I have 4 grown 2 girls and 2 boys. My son's are very handy and have big muscles. LOL Right now not a lot of help as they are both working big time hours but they will come when really needed. The girls do to in their ways and they are all very good and helpful to their grandparents. I have been working on a new bed. It will be a long strip that will run down the side of the veggie garden and while I was working I've been thinking about putting in a walkway. There is a wide grassy path that leads down from the front yard that runs between the veggie garden and the evergreens to the barn. We use it all the time and I was thinking once the new strip garden gets put in maybe I should think of some type of hard-scape walkway that there will be no mowing that will need to be done down their.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Hi! This is Ric. Holly can think of hardscape all she wants. For the time being I think I'll mow!!! LOL She already has 3 other "hard" jobs in the works.

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi, Ric. It's okay. We all know that lawns are a guy thing. Women usually see them as a big waste of space that could be taken up by nice flowers instead.

Page, ND

I'm finding it hard to keep watered, so trying moss rose this year. I'm trying to find hte picture from the magazine where i got the instructions. They had it planted with hens and chicks and such.

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

Ah yes the mention of grass. If you all could get the cut set at three and a half inches or four within a year you would have better grass, less weeds, less need of water and less grass cutting because it is not racing to save itself from a golf club scalping. I had trouble with my family and help setting my mowers for a closer cut. All mowers here are now welded in place to cut four inches.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Albums is me from now on
http://picasaweb.google.com/jgentle4/July24?authkey=Gv1sRgCIibrIuPh5P-zQE

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Before this thread gets too long to read.
I found this website.Too funny
Ad in Fine Gardening
http://www.douglasfeypottery.com/index.htm

Page, ND

those are so cute!

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

JoAnn, your comment about the thread getting too long makes me suspect you forgot there's a part 3, which has been here since June 6th.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/998886/

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

GEEEEEzus I am really in the pit for observing anything.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.