Waiting For Spring So Show Your Clematis!!

Bartlett, TN(Zone 7b)

Ooooo, on that note, I get to add to my list then! lol

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo ready for spring I could bash my head to the wall! I want to just squish my nose to the windows and yell "PAAAAALEEEEEESE come on spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Delaware, OH

well, racingboys you will be in the thick of it before me...jealous. shall have to try and enjoy the last few weeks of dormancy and the empty list of "must do's" and "want to do's".
somehow i laways get to the "want to do's first"!

Fallston, MD(Zone 6b)

i'm with you niobe. my list of "must do's", "should do's", and "wanna do's" has gotten so long over the winter months that i'll probably doing some of these things in 2012!!!

Bartlett, TN(Zone 7b)

Dawn - how big are your blooms on the president?
I SWEAR that looks like the exact same one I have on my mailbox. Mine get pretty big, maybe 6 or 7 inches or so. I pitched the tag when I bought it years ago. I didn't know any better those days. lol

(Zone 4a)

The blooms are very large....I never measured them before but yes they are big. I love that plant.....it has never given me any trouble and her blooms are gorgeous!

Delaware, OH

here is a large bloom. it is a clematis marie boiselotte bloom. i left it on the plant till it was about to fall apart and then brought it in and decided to document the size against my 5 lb chihuahua (daisy) vs a ruler. it was easily 8 inches across.

Thumbnail by ClematisGuru
(Zone 4a)

Ha I love your measuring stick....she is soooo cute!!!

Delaware, OH

thanks dawn. she will be 11 years old in july. she weighs 5 pounds and is a very nice chihuahua indeed.

Thumbnail by ClematisGuru
Fallston, MD(Zone 6b)

oh niobe, daisy is adorable! i have a dog who is a cross between chihuahua and italian greyhound. his name is spyder and he was surrendered to animal rescue by his owners after 2 years of what must have been hell for him.

Thumbnail by kudrick
Delaware, OH

kudrick....spyder is sooo cute. i bet the personality of that mix is fantastic. the bonding of a chi and the elegance of the greyhound! how old is he? i LOVE him. totally! thanks for sharing.

Monroe City, MO(Zone 6a)

yippeee!!!.....I just ordered me a "Josephine" Clematis from Brushwood Nursery!!!
I'm so excited!!!!!!.......anybody have one with pics to share!!!

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

niobe: That's the darn cutest ruler I've ever seen! That Clematis bloom looks huge next to her!

kudrick: Spyder is another beauty! I'm so happy to read that he has found his "forever loving home & family now"!

Grannyh: Glad you ordered "Josephine". She's a beauty. Careful, Brushwood Nursery can become addicting! :~)

We'll it seems that we all love Clematis and now dogs too! Here's a picture of Ginger, our Boxer. This is her "mug shot" for the camera.

Thumbnail by Shirley1md
Delaware, OH

shirley I love boxers!

is there anything better than just being outside in your own garden with your dog and a cup of java contemplating the wonder of it all?

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

In the upper 60's today. Spring is on the way. Here's Princess Di from last year
Shirley, great to see you here.

This message was edited Feb 26, 2009 8:26 AM

Thumbnail by gldandrews
Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Miss Bateman.

Thumbnail by gldandrews
Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

And Ken Dodson a great Blue one

Thumbnail by gldandrews
Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Oh and Florida Seiboldii.
I think this one is the President

This message was edited Feb 26, 2009 8:21 AM

Thumbnail by gldandrews
Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Opps wrong photo here F seiboldii

Thumbnail by gldandrews
(Zone 4a)

gldandrews that blue one is just stunning! Love the colour! I bet the photo doesn't do it justice either....

Delaware, OH

your clems are beautiful, andrews. I bet the carolinas are a great climate for clems.
love the seiboldi....would love to have one, but not hardy in my zone. enjoy your season of rapture!

Fallston, MD(Zone 6b)

thanks niobe. the above photo was posted on petfinder.com, and it was love at first sight! he was 2 yrs old in this photo from 2004 and weighed 14 lbs. here is a photo from last year; he has gained 5 lbs, over 30%!
he has a lot of emotional baggage that he still carries from his early life, but we adore him, our other dog wilson, and our 9 cats. all rescues.

Thumbnail by kudrick
(Zone 4a)

You have such a big heart to take in pets in need. Good for you. I am sure they are all so lovable and sweet!

Fallston, MD(Zone 6b)

yes they are dawn. thank you.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks so much, niobe!

Hi Gary! Your Clematis pictures are a real "pick me up" at this time of year! All your Clematis get better and better with each passing year! The blue color of "Ken Dodson" is gorgeous!

kudrick: You definitely have a very big heart to take in all those rescues that needed a loving home. I'm so glad you provided that for them.

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

May I join in the anticipation? :)
This is Montana "Elizabeth" last year. It has lots of buds now, so I'm hopeful for a good bloom.
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

..and this is Violet Charm.

Thumbnail by DebinSC
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

..and last..
this came un-tagged, but after alot of research, I'm fairly certain it's "Wada Primrose".
This one's blooming now. :)
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
(Zone 4a)

All these photo's are sure getting me excited for spring! I love the colour on Violet Charm.....and the last photo is just beautiful!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.