Gardening is a dainty activity?

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I sure won't let Jenna watch that.

Jenna wants to take everything home with her too, Sharon. And I tell her the same thing. But on the other hand I have some Christmas ornaments that just turned 100 a couple of years ago, and when I told her she could have them a couple of years ago when I was gone, she said they would be 200 then.

Ah, she's six now, and understand the concept of time.

Calvert City, KY(Zone 7a)

I think we shouldn't let Ethan and Jenna get together, and it's for sure JD should not baby sit them!

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

I used to think it was hilarious when my mom would help with the big gardening projects. When we'd be finished, she looked like she'd just fought a war and she'd say, "Would you take one look at me ! I look like the Wreck of the Hesperus". I never got the humor in that until I actually read the poem...and she was right !

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

LOL Sharran !

And then, no doubt, after the Bad Seed movie, you'd read The Wreck of the Hesperus to them, explaining in great detail that Gran Polly and Nana Sharon were the subjects of the poem.

I know your mind JD. And it is not always rightous.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

OK then...I'll read them Hansel and Gretel instead ...Or teach them to sing Three Blind Mice ! hee hee

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Jen is as dark haired as Ethan is blonde. They would look cute together. And I think JD should babysit. He'd teach them some really great tricks.

Here's Ms. Dainty herself. Is Ethan a follower, if not JD will have his hands full, as Jenna thinks she can be the boss of all the weaker sex, and younger children.

Thumbnail by pollyk

JD...I know your devious mind.

Ethan is king of all he surveys.
Wouldn't they be a pair!!

I'll see if I can find his most recent picture, Captain Hook, I think....that was before he became Darth Vader. I don't have a Darth photo. Yet.

C. Hook was trying to attach his hook to the ceiling fan...

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

I have a nephew who has always been toe-head blonde with stick straight hair and he absolutely hates his hair. He thinks it makes him look girly. He died it brown once and it looked horrendous. Of course, his sisters were envious as they got dark curly hair.

Here is Ethan in his Knight in Shining Armor phase....can't find his Captain Hook period. Notice the paint on his arm and shirt. He painted his John Deere end loader tires purple. Must have been his Picasso period the same day.

Thumbnail by Sharran

he hasn't said much about his white hair yet....he and I are the only ones in the family who have it. He does know he looks like me, though, poor kid, but says that's why we have to stick together so the dark ones don't get us.

Except when he is Darth Vader.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Yup, he's a dainty one, too. Cute as can be!

Artistic like his gramma though.

Actually, I don't paint John Deere end loader tires, Polly, but guess I could give it a try.

You've seen our look alike picture, haven't you? I wonder how long he will still like it. How many little boys want to look like their grandmother for very long, for goodness sakes!
I am sure that will be over soon. Poor kid, I just hope he doesn't stop growing at 5'1" or so.

So JD...what did you teach your nieces and nephew?

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

One of my nieces is trying to get into gardening, so I help her with her questions. I did teach three of my nephews how to ride a surboard.

One of my sisters said to me once, "Promise me you won;t talk to my boys until they're 35! I don't want you teaching them the dirty tricks you played on me as a kid " !

Who ? ME ??????

Never !

Ha!!

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Cute.

I bet Jenna and Ethan would love to learn to surf!

They're on their way. Stock the fridge.

Ethan took swimming lessons one summer.

Told his mother, "Never again, cause it turns my ears off."

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

LOL, Sharon.

Well, Jen swims like a fish, so Ethan can build castles. And fight with Jen when she knocks them down. Darth looks ready to take on the world.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

There's nothing cuter or funnier than watching little kids take swimming lessons !

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.