Do you have pictures of your light set-ups in your home?

San Antonio, TX

Hi - I posted this on the orchid forum but I wanted to post it here too. I've looked thru a lot of posts here but can't find pictures of how to set up or how you get the maximum light to your plants. I would appreciate pictures of what others have devised. Here's what I posted this morning on the orchids forum this morning:

I know many people have made or put together wire racks and flourescent lights but could you please post pictures of your set-ups? I've searched several forums but have found very few pictures.

I have a double window in my office with odds and ends consisting of a small plant stand, a table and another even smaller stand, all of which are over-flowing with plants. I really want something permanent I can set on a timer and more easily water, fertilize and just generally take care of and enjoy my orchids. I already made the mistake of buying a ready made one that is not really for plants but seedlings as the vertical space is not adjustable nor tall enough. Please let me see pictures of your set-up if you have a similar situation. Thanks so much.

Waterville, VT(Zone 4b)

Hi,

I don't know if this will help, but here is a thread that I started some-time ago in the Hoya forum. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/828578/

Most of it may not be applicable, but I find for the types of plants that I grow, I'm better off using wire Rubbermaid closet shelving with standards mounted to the wall. It is infinitely adjustable. Most shelving systems don't allow enough room or adjustability between the shelves for growing tall plants.

Doug

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Great thread Doug!
doodlebug,there are pictures of all kinds of light set ups on the African Violet and Gesneriad forum.Many people there also grow Hoyas.
Lynn

San Antonio, TX

Thank you Doug, that link is great - I have to leave right now but I want to peruse it carefully when I get back, I might ask a couple of questions about what you've done. I love Hoyas too and have only 3 or 4 but I'm having trouble getting them to bloom. Again, I think light is my problem, even when I take them outside.

Lynn, thanks for the reminder - I think I will post my request for ideas and pictures on the African Violet forum too. I really appreciate your help.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.