Jungle Heights

Keaau, HI

The flowers are white, the bracts are yellow. I think the cultivar name is Justica brandegeeana 'Yellow Queen'.

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

Beautiful!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

My brugs aren't messy. I love them!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Interesting about the differences on ones take of plants. I haven't noticed a "messiness" about my brugs either...but then they are in pots and not doing real great as of yet. Whereas my memory of the bottle brush was as a kid, not a gardener. Regardless, Randy, you know I adore your beautiful garden, and meant no disrespect nor disparagement. The shrimp plant is waaaay cool!

Yokwe,
Shari

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh heck Shari of course I know that..!
Brugs are what got me into gardening in the first place..The pest love them too much here..and then they spread to surrounding plants. I still have a couple of 15 foot brugs in the back..I just had way too many berfore.

(Mary) Poway, CA(Zone 10a)

Brugs led me down the gardening path too. Right now I couldn't care less about them because I take winters off and just keep them alive but not thriving. Cooking/baking becomes my obsession every winter. I went a week without even looking in the Brug forum. Soon my attitude will change because Creamsickle is full of buds. My co-workers will go into mourning when I make my switch and don't bring them in homemade baked goods 2-3 times a week.

Mary

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL! I would go into mourning too! My winter obsession is dollhouses and miniatures which I am still doing while I housesit my granddog and cat this week!

I don't have as many wonderful things in bloom at home this time of year as Randy does. The azaleas are starting to bloom, and camelias. The jasmine are still in bloom. They are sooo pretty and smell sooo good! Can't wait for the others to start also!

Jeanne

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

bromeliad and varigated shrimp

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

brunsfelsia yesterday today and tomorrow

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Solandra Maxima-
Vine has been blooming for a couple of months now, but twosies and threesies at a time

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

black eye susan light rose/orange

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

datura

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

more datura and shrimp plants

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

front side of datura

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

david in the flora

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Iohchroma plum

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Drimiopsis maculata. Also called "African hosta

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Makes me soooo envious. Everything here is still mostly dormant. AAAAHHHHH!!!!

Randy, those are gorgeous - we appreciate you posting pictures for us to drool over!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It will be lush soon Christi,

I see our rain is headed your way to Panama City....the plant is re-potted and tucked in the greenhouse for enviornmental control until it's stabilized. It might go live at zone9 green house for a week or so during recovery, although it doesn't seemed phased a bit.

Portland, TX(Zone 9a)

Remind me never to have a blooming contest with you RJ. Despite the rain, the blooms on my YTT have not opened like yours. I just have small corner that is blooms.

Thumbnail by phughes
Portland, TX(Zone 9a)

Upclose it looks pretty. Wonder how long it will take for the rest of the plant to open it's blooms

Thumbnail by phughes

Here's mine today - it smells SO GOOD - spices up the whole block!

Randy, I'm happy that you're happy!

Thumbnail by KayJones
Portland, TX(Zone 9a)

Wow that's how I want mine; covered in flowers.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

cool...Grandson?

I do nothing to it all year until I know it's going to bloom, then fertilize it every couple weeks

Yes, my youngest Grandson - he's Gramma's sweet pea!

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Great reading RJ - thank you!

Off to add some HP to the ponds before work this morning. Any idea how HP will react with the EM (effective micronisms) that I usually use in the pond? EM's work anaerobicly (sp?) and I wonder if the HP will kill the herd....???

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

From what I've read, scientist aren't quite sure how the inhibitor works. It doesn't bother dragonfly larvae, fish, snails..the water plants love it, just not the algae. As far as the other organisms go...it shouldn't as the barley bales don't affect them either

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Randy...so gorgeous. I know I owe you a story for your blog...I am so very sorry. Would you believe I got talked into helping out with the Theater they are trying to re-start out here...been taking up a lot of time!!! And to tell the truth, the way my garden is behaving these days, I should not be telling anyone anything!!! We'll talk my friend...

Yokwe,
Shari

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL, no worries - I've managed to keep it busy!. I even have 3 written ahead right now and working on the 4th. I bet your busy with the theater..everyone needs that!!!
Here is this weeks blog : 50 ways to leave your trellis) do you hear a tune yet? lol
http://www.chron.com/commons/persona.html?newspaperUserId=rjudd&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3arjuddPost%3a66579024-e1e4-4937-aa41-f1ab82b7c984

Randy, that is a great article - thanks!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

your welcome, and thankyou!

Wonderful article, as usual - thanks for the link Randy.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

You bet..fridays post is going to be Alohahoya Garden Tour

Randy, we excitedly await the next segment of your blog/visit to Carol's house!

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Great reading and candy for the eyes. I can't wait.

Sylvain.

Mérida, Yucatán, Mexico(Zone 11)

Beautiful! I think I saw a lipstick palm in one of the pictures from Carol's. I so want one of those and I can't find it down here.

I love the trellis article too, especially using a chain with the vine running through the air. Such great ideas.

Great! Can't wait for chapter two! You have a wonderful home, Carol!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.