Let's see your favorite garden harmonies

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

This thread is a riot.
I have a cat like the one in photo.
He/she weighs 16 pounds.
Affectionate considerate( when Im coughing he gets off the bed) sweet ,loves to play games.
He's the man I always wanted.

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Good one, Jo Ann!

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

I guess cats can be productive if they want.

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Dont start with kittins.
I am having kittin lust there days.
At73 I have got to be dreaming.
SIL is allergic, he is ok with the combined three we have but another one would put him over he top.
Theres something else I'll have to let go.
Seeing the grass again is a big lust also.
No joke I havnt seen grass ,dead or alive since Christmas.

Thumbnail by ge1836

Looks a lot like mine.

Thumbnail by pirl
Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

I have a photo of garden harmony, but it comes in the form of some dahlias a dear DG friend gave me when I visited her last summer. I brought them home and arranged them in a coordinating vase. I didn't grow them, but the harmony of colors was just too beautiful not to photograph!

Thumbnail by mamasita

Those are beautiful! I love the streaked ones and then the solid burgundy to pick up the color.

Lovely, Lynn!

They were beautiful - thanks!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thats really dramatic, love the speckles they are so unexpected.
I might have to become a dahlia freak.

I thought they made a wonderful still life subject, and wished I was an artist. But think about the gardener who was able to coordinate the dahlias so skillfully! Now that is an artist!

Yukon, OK(Zone 7b)

Pirl, thanks for the invite... I love this thread. It's so refreshing and makes me yearn for warmer weather even more. All the beauty makes me smile.

Sue, that fat cat pic... I laughed but I feel just exactly like that! I've had way too many long winter days and can't keep my hands off of high calorie foods that are bad for me.

Brinda!! Aren't these fun threads on this forum?!! Picture for you below LOL

I am trying real hard Brinda to be good and am eating better, lots of fruits and vegies, low calorie/fat fish and chicken mostly plus walking at least 3 X a week. I am going on vacation end of June with my Mom and brother to see relatives I haven't seen since I was 8 year old and I want to look feel/good, for myself. That, and I am hitting the big 1/2 century mark this year, not happy about it one bit but I have no control over it. At least I have some control over my diet and exercise. Alas, I suck at having much control over my will power!

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue

Thanks, Lynn and Brinda. Sue, do you realize how much you and your cat would have in common with the chicken, fish and walking?

Until I came to DG I didn't know it wasn't always sunny and gorgeous in Oklahoma. Blame the play! It was the first one I ever saw on Broadway and I was just a kid.

Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

I think it's called willess power Sue. I have had a tough time this winter also. It started with the Christmas cookies I decided to make this year. They were good :) So far I have avoided the Valentine candy that's out now, but I better keep avoiding it or I'm going to look like the kitty above!

My husband doesn't call it will power, but won't power!

For Christmas my son gave me a huge chocolate kiss, wrapped in red, and my daughter gave me a box of Godiva (larger than the one Jack gave me). I felt duty bound to eat the Godiva from Jack but still have the other two untouched and unwrapped.

Yesterday I was going to make a crumb cake but didn't. That should count for something.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

negative calorie karma I think

Maybe the next snow will be the undoing for me.

"the chicken, fish and walking?" Lost me there pirl. Not my kitty anyways, I saved a collection of funny dog and cat pics from an online site, just so I can pop them in here and there for entertainment.

Here's my kitty Ferris

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue

Sue - you mentioned, "lots of fruits and vegies, low calorie/fat fish and chicken mostly plus walking at least 3 X a week", so I thought your cat (that turns out to be not your cat!) would enjoy the same things. Ferris is a good looking cat and poses quite well.

Ah gotcha! I am fading, brain not engaging, must need a sugar fix.

Ferris is 12 yrs old now & sits nicely as long as she's not tortured by these 2 wrestle maniacs! The Yorkie loves to clean her face and ears, will do it for 20 minutes at a time and Ferris just purrs at the attention.

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue

I love dogs, especially fuzzy dogs.

Thumbnail by pirl

What a handsome fella, and nicely groomed too. My Penny poodle is way overdue for a haircut again, she looks like a teddy bear and I can barely see her eyes.

Speaking of fuzzy dogs reminded me of this...LOL

Thumbnail by Calif_Sue

That was his May grooming day. Can't wait until Monday - he looks like a wreck, a dirty wreck.

Cute shot. It does look like it could be a slipper.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Cute pets, everyone.

My, JoAnn, your gardens have come a long way in just one year. Great job!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

hi polly ,thanks.I cant wait for the second year and new filler plants where things didnt make it.

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

I love fuzzy dogs too. I think I would really enjoy having foxes. They're such dog/cats. I saw two of them walking down the street in front of my house a few years ago and thought they were either small dogs or big cats until they came closer.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Keep your cats inside where there are foxes.
They love cats, just as Coyotes do.

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Shhh! Don't tell the Sebastopol foxes. There's a whole family of them living right up the street in a garden with four cats and two dogs. They all get along nicely.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

OK I doubt that would work anywhere but California where everything is more laid back lol

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

When I was teaching at S.F. State, one of my students used to bring a raccoon to class with her on a leash.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

What did you teach?
My uncle had a pet crow.

Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Comparative literature.

One of my neighbors has a pet crow. The crow chose him one day. He was taking a walk and the crow came flying down and sat on his shoulder. He's been with him ever since.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I love that.
My uncle had the crow when I was little probably 1940's. He tought it to say hello. This made him a magic person in my eyes.
Thought I had a photo but cant find it.

Only run of the mill pets out here but I am enjoying the stories.

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

When I was working, I went to a home where they rehabbed wild animals. They had a raccoon there that was a pet. The thing was huge. I was taking a statement from the woman and the raccoon backed up to me and lifted his arms. The woman told me to pick him up and sit him on my lap, which I did. His claws were very long. He sat there for about 20 minutes while I took the statement until their pot bellied pig bit me in the ankle and I jumped and the raccoon gave me a dirty look and climbed down. And that's the truth.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

What a story. You must have met quite a few chracters in your time.

Long Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Why did the pig bite you ?

I came through my back gate at night once and petted what I thought was a cat on top of the fence...turns out it was a huge possum. Freaked me out.

This guy was under my china cabinet for a few days...the cat's discovered it and insisted I do something about it.

Thumbnail by JasperDale
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Why dont they dust and clean up when theyre under there lol???

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.