Weird Weather of '09!! ....... #3

Carnation, WA(Zone 7b)

Susan, do you have a crew to feed or will you be selling eggs? That's alot of eggs if they keep producing through the cold. Will you process them yourself or have someone do it for you? I keep threatening to build a coup here and get some.... DH isn't even slightly interested.

Kathy, I'd probably have to worry more about Bella chasing them and eating them than BoP here. Besides, the coyotes will be here for sure looking for lunch. That would mean I'd need to remove the threat. Not ready to be killing stuff just yet.

Love the pics! Black Giants are my favorites.

(Judi)Portland, OR

I'm Judi
So Katie59 is Kathy and gardener105 is Katie. Got it!

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

I HAVE confused things. Eeek!!

Katie59 is Kathy and Gardener105 is Susan. Erase all other tidbits I shared with you.

Pixydish is Melissa
Rachierabbit is Rachel
Outtamygourd is Shery
Zhinu is Laura
Zinu'smom is Trisha
Ladybuggfan is Kris
Katye is Kate
Tillysrat is Mary
Poochella is Annie
Willowwind is Patricia
Redchic is Shelly

I think that's everybody I know (who doesn't use their regular name in their handle). Who have I missed? Let me know and I'll add it to this thread.

(Judi)Portland, OR

Now I've got it! Thanks Kathy!

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

Off-topic question: does Rabbit scat look like coffee beans?

Judi - you are among friends: we are often confused.
Kathy & I usually figure out who's saying what to which, or something like that...

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Portland - did we (I) ever get your name? Oh, I get it. Judi? Confirm and I'll add you to the list.

Carnation, WA(Zone 7b)

coffee beans, yes.

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

Thanks, Kris. !*§€!Ó% rabbits.

North Lakewood, WA(Zone 8b)

Susan I love your babies. I haven't had chickens for a few years. When my daughter left home she took the chickens with her. Which ones are the black ones that look like miniature penguins? They are the cutest!!!!
thistledownfarm ===Linda

(Trisha) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

I am at a bike Club Meeting and have to get off Now but just had to tell everyone that Laura and I had coffee with Rachael today and we had a great time!!!!!!! Finally got kicked out when the shop closed....gotta go, will talk to everyone later..

Union, WA(Zone 8b)

Susan, love your baby chicks. They are so colorful. I once raised a batch of 67, and that is another story.

Deer poop looks like coffee beans also.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Thank you everyone for the compliments on the chicks. I'll take pics every week to keep you posted on their growth and color changes. I think the Light Brahma's are so cute with the feathers on their feet!
Kris, I will be selling the eggs. I have a pretty large customer base at the hospital and a few people in my immediate area. I also sell them to a few folks at the Bend Senior Center.
Kathy, thank you for getting our names corrected!^_^
Susan

This message was edited Feb 4, 2009 7:50 PM

This message was edited Feb 4, 2009 7:51 PM

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

Yes, but Deer scat looks more like a mellow columbian, and this is definitely french roast LOL!

Eugene, OR

Nice chicks, Susan. Such cute little faces.

Thanks for the name game Kathy. Now if I could just figure out a way to remember who wrote what 15 or 20 messages ago.^_^

Sally, Laura has me split the screen, DG on one side and Word on the other....type my replies as I read then cut and paste at the end.....works great on the days that I actually have time to read through everything!

Eugene, OR

Thanks Trisha, I've started doing that, then I get mixed up with what people have said on other threads...then I'm really confused!!

Haven't had time to really read lately either, skim through, then I have to go back and check. One of these days I'll get caught up with everything, then it will be Spring and I'll be too busy again. LOL

You mean we actually do get caught up on these threads?!?! I hate to think how far behind I will get come spring!!

southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

Sally, I can't believe that the cat rides the roomba!!!! that is just the coolest. I would soooooo love to see a picture of that!!! Better yet, you could take a video of that and send it in to funniest home videos of something like that.

Cute chicks Gardner!

Jan, I agree. I don't mind the woodpecker. But, it's not around very often. I can see how they would drive some folks nuts.

lol. I agree Tricia.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

For those of you on Windows machines (PCs) who are using two windows . . . I find that keyboard controls are very nice for cutting and pasting. CTRL-C copies the highlighted text (or picture), CTRL-V puts it on the page (or in the document). Once you start using it, you won't go back. ^_^

I can't live without my shortcuts. On my work computer, I have icons on the desktop for "the shortcuts" and character map. Works wonders.

Eugene, OR

Maybe if I had those I'd remember what to use. Need to make a cheat sheet.

I've seen her turn it on and lay on the floor waiting for it to come towards her so she can bat it away, but she hasn't gone for a ride while I'm there. If she's on it, she jumps off when I come in the door. It really is funny to watch her go over and punch the right button to turn it on. I'm sure it helps that it has a light around it, but how does she now? Mom just has to cover it up or she has it on all the time. LOL

I'll have to make it a project to try and get a picture. She tends to be all over me when I go over there, or looking for our resident stray that follows me over.

That would be great. She's a smart cat! It's well worth the time and patience to get a picture that unique!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Too funny on the Roomba. Definitely would be an America's Funniest Home Video.

You know, I will never again be able to grind my coffee beans with a straight face, or saying EEWWWW!!!

Today's high is supposed to be 23. Current temp is 12. However, sun. and Mon. are to get to 50's. I sooo wish I had snow cover for insulation. The plants are so confused.

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Susan love your chicks!

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Sally and Rachel, thank you!
Susan

This message was edited Feb 5, 2009 7:45 AM

This message was edited Feb 5, 2009 7:45 AM

(Laura) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

Willow, he writes stories like real life, without a real beginning or end, because things led up to them and don’t end with a tidy “they lived happily ever after” so you don’t have to read them in order like so many authors works. The before and after may or may be written already or ever, but you know it exists for the characters. I’d suggest any of the Newford books. I like his other books, but I love the Newford books. One of the short story books might be the best bet, that way you get to see a wide range of stories. There is one called The Newford Stories http://www.amazon.com/Newford-Stories-Dreams-Underfoot-Moonlight/dp/0739402617/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233850988&sr=8-1 that contains three of the most important short story books within it.

New Thread!
New Thread!
New Thread!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/949497/

Moscow, ID(Zone 5a)

Sorry about that, Jan!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.