The Blather Stick Gathers No Moss...

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

That might work. Darn they do not have gophers down here.

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

Armadillo suits, then!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Gators wren! Killer chicken-gators! Boy that would make the chicken police head for the hills PDQ. oops did I say that out loud?

Only problem then is I would have the game wardens after me and they are meaner that the chicken police. LOL

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Drat flanked by the game wardens. They really do have all the bases covered don't they?

I'm afraid so, laws do not make sense. They allow pot bellied pigs-some of which are not(neighbor has one that looks like it weights 500 pounds) , so why not a few chickens.

This lap top is dropping E's so if some of my typing looks stranger than usual just mentally add one e some where. LO

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

O dear the silent 'e' virus. I heard about that one.

Yes when you combine it with the scramble word virus it is really bad!!!

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Dahlianut, chick-a-poo??? FUNNY!!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Sewincircle I got the idea from the new dog hybrids like cock-a-poo. I thought maybe I could licence a chicken as a dog saying it was a cross called a chick-a-poo. I was told it better 'look like a dog' or no go. I guess someone must have tried it already.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I have a rooster with a funny crow. You could use that in your breeding program to develop a chick-a-poo that crows like a bark.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Ahhh, this is how it will all begin. Muahhhaaahaaaa! (In my best mad scientist voice) hehehe

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Hmmm I wonder if I can branch out from rocket science to chicken science. Do we have any chicken scientists or genetic propensity for chicken science in the Nut Family? Cousin Grownut will know for sure. Maybe Cousin Grownut IS a chicken scientist!!! Yooo hooo Cousin Nut. How are you at chicken science?

Dahianut
aka Rocket Scientist
aka maybe Future Chicken Scientist

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Sounds good! Nope, no science in my family, a few nuts, one squirel, and a bid madd but no Scientists. hehehe

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

I took a science class once!!!

I took a advanced biology class back in the dark ages.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

This is all good. Any one remember their DNA sequencing? How bout the periodic table? I'm sure chemistry will be involved.

Hi when I was in school no once new any thing about the DNA.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Same here but I'm hoping someone did or watches alot of CSI. Either will probably work.

Yes I watch CSI all three of them and Dr G.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Oh we are so in. I love CSI! And I watch a lot of Discover channel too.
We have this thing in the bag.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I officially nominate wren to be in charge of the DNA sequencing for the chick-a-poo. Seconders?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

O sorry crossposted with sewincircle. It appears sewincircle is also qualified for DNA sequencing but the Discovery Channel qualification will really help to determine the habitat needs of the chick-a-poo.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

I will second your nomination , I will be the assistant. Or in case Wren can not perform her duties I will have her back. hehehe

Let's see we need some large live chickens to be the mothers of our future chick-a-poos, some eggs, some blood, some Doggy DNA better be a very small doggy. I would hate to see the egg breed from a 80 pound dog. LOL Am I forgetting anything????

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I was thinking the Devil Child might contribute to a very prettiful colour but could you image a chick-a-poo that size?!?!?! I think we also need:

Commander(s) for the Hatching
A Lawyer to thwart the Chicken Police and Game Wardens. I wonder if we know any lawyers?? Dum de dum de dum (waiting in case a lawyer pops in) dum de dum de dum.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I have a Masters degree in Molecular Biology and Genetics.

I also have approximately half a law degree.

And two bachelors degrees to boot, in English and in Environmental Biology.

What will I qualify for?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I knew that Claire ^_^ I was waiting for you to tell us what you wanted to do because of course you are overqualified for all the jobs.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh dear. Perhaps I could just be the chief provider of wine. I'm very good at that.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Brilliant idea! We need wine. How could we forget to put refreshing beverages on the list? :O

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

and if anyone needs help with genetics, legal issues, grammar, spelling, or environmental impact, I am happy to provide input.

I also used to do Scottish highland dancing when I was a kid. But I do not play bagpipes. We need a bagpiper.

If we had a chick-a-poo as big as my demon child I do not think that the chicken police or the game warden would dare come into the yard. But think of the size of those eggs!!!!!!!

Well I am full of hot air but I can not care a tune in a bucket.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Someone plays bagpipes! I remember from a hatching dance!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Funny bit of blather

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7857469.stm

Lumberton, TX(Zone 8b)

I have bagpipes, but I haven't played in a LOOOOOONG time. But they'll probably sound as good as the chick-a-poo. (Or whatever poor fowl lays the egg...) Still, I'd as soon lend the pipes to someone else and remain minister of pastries for this endeavor.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

thinking of pastry bits stuck in the bagpipes....probably a good separation of duties...

I need to go AWOL for a time. Back later!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.