tomahawk

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

topaz glory

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

last for today:

whirligig

PS...I love this time of year. The colors are so dramatic and the shapes change, as well. My hibs love the cooler Florida weather so much more than any other season :)

Thumbnail by cat4gp
Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10b)

Great pics.... I love whriligig. I had alot of blooms coming up to post but got a case of the thrips...

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

All gorgeous, as usual. Plum Crazy has me thinking I need to have it.

How did you make out with the cold temps? I moved many pots onto the house and moved others to a sheltered part off the deck and covered them but only time will tell if they made it. I am sure the big ones I had in the ground will have a difficult time coming back if they come back at all. I'm thinking positively - if I lose a few I'll have room for more new ones. LOL

Citra, FL

Do you have all of these blooming now? Gorgeous pictures. Im afraid with all of our cold weather that my hibiscus have really taken a hit. Ill know more next few days when it warms up and I can check them all out. I hope I see a little new growth on them.

(Zone 11)

Thanks for sharing your flowers, it is much appreciated..... :~)

Sterling, VA(Zone 7a)

Your hibiscus flowers pics are spectacular! Thanks for sharing. The pics help one to observe what the flower actually looks like since they aren't stock photos. Snug

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi Alice,
I watered the pots really well for insulation. Did nothing else! They made it just fine. They are a strong bunch....No problems whatsoever from this past cold front. Now, if it gets below 27 degrees, I'm in deep poopoo with 209 various sized pots to move!

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Congratulations, sounds like you did OK. I am hearing some pretty scary stories about cold damaged plants in parts of FL. We never got below 30 but I still had some fried plants like this garden variety red hib that is in the ground. It is over 7' tall, it will come back for sure but it will take a while. It went through the first couple of cold nights just fine but by the 3rd day, it gave up. I have about 5 other large hibs in the ground that look just like this one.

Thumbnail by ardesia
Ft Lauderdale, FL(Zone 10a)

Great photos Cathy. Thanks for taking some time from your busy schedule to take and post the pictures. We all appreciate it very much.

Jon

San Bernardino, CA(Zone 8b)

Gorgeous pictures as always, Cat!!! Don't even know which one is a favorite...Gabriel? Moonstruck? Magnifique?

Ardesia, what a sad picture. Quite of few of my plants (all potted) like that right now too. I imagine most will come back, but it's sure depressing to look at the yard. Thanks, Cat, for cheering me up with your terrific blooms!

karen

Nederland, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful Cat,

Your killing me!!! I am in the same boat as karen. I could not use the GH for my babies this year. It's a sad sight to see when I walk out back. I'll be taking down the 2 Ike house in shambles and building a new GH here at the house but I am having to weed out my hibbies and downsize. My thinking now is if they make it through the winter they are keepers if not then i just did not need them anyway. Thanks for the pics!

Robert

west Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Wow! Merci beacoup I've got to have.....
Debbie

Lindenhurst, NY

I had so many favorites and your pics were never-ending. I love them. I really enjoyed looking at these pics. thanks for posting them all.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.