Pip Pip Hurray! CNY Launch

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Ya! 12 days. And its sooo cold here too. They were shipped before Christmas and came Jan 2nd in the mail. It was probably due to the holiday mail rush. But when I candled they took right off with strong viens and everything! She sent me another batch of eggs thinking these would not do anything. hehehe wrong!!! They sure are tough birds. I hope they show up soon. I am running out of things to clean. LOL

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Ratz... too bad you don't live closer. My house needs a turning out...
LOL

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Sewin.. don't give up! I would wait. If the incubator was too cool.. they will take longer to develop and longer to hatch. Just keep the humidity up and keep the faith!

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Jay, I dont do windows. hehehe
I will try to keep chin up. I have another batch due next Thursday as well.
I wont give up on these guys though. Thanks. I will keep you all updated. ;)

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

'At's OK, don't need to do windows... light is still coming through... LOL

I'm going outside to get some things done (why my house is a disaster, I always go out) but I'll keep checking in...

Jay

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I had a bad hatch when the Seramas and Cochins hatched.. it's so depressing and frustrating.. Just remember, Nature knows best. It's better to have them not hatch, rather than have "special needs" chickens that don't thrive. If it was meant to be, it will happen.

**You should have heard my whining last week*** Easy to say now.. but when you're sitting there staring holes in the eggs.. it's not easy at all.

Positive vibes.. :)

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Oh if only I could put holes in the eggs. Or they were born in see through eggs! Now that would be great!!! I just want to know whats going on in there. Ya know.
I know you are right. Its just hard when my heart is on my sleeve and I am pacing a path in the rug. I just caught those positive vibes! Thanks! phew, I feel better. ;)

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

More good vibes coming at you...
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~!

=0) Jay

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

ohmmmmmm sending motivational hatching vibes to the babies ohmmmmmmmm

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

It worked!!!!!!!!!!
Day 22 and two pips!!! 2 out of 5 not bad.
Here they are....they do not have naked necks!!

Thumbnail by sewincircle
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Ahhhhhhh.

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

~~~~~more Omming~~~~~~
More babies.....

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

ommmmmmm pippin and zippin thoughts ommmmmmmmmm

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Send some ommmms to mine too! We have 5 pips and 3 hatchlings!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

ommmmmmmmm pippin and zippin and hatchin in IA ommmmmmmmm Have you posted more pics of Blub and Dippy and the gang? I'm in severe duck withdrawal. QUACK! QUACK!

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

~~~~~OOOOOOOhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm~~~~~~~
My mind's getting fuzzy.... ~~~~~OOOOOhhmmmmmm~~~~~
to Moxy babeeezzz

Clarkson, KY

~~~~~~~~OOOOhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmzzzzzzzzzzzz~~~~~~~~~snort*

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Cousin nut you are SO NOT allowed to fall asleep while ommmmming. It will make the babies sleepy when they are supposed to be pippin and zippin.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I just had 2 more hatch! Woo hoo! It's working.

Sorry about the duck withdrawal. Tomorrow is bath day. Stay tuned!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

YIPPPEE!!!! POOOL PART-TY!!!! oops sorry ohmmmmmmmmm pippin and zipping and peeping ohmmmmmmmmmmm.

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Whoa, Dnut, pace yourself.. tomorrow's a long way away...

Night-night....
)o...ZZZZzzzzz

This message was edited Jan 23, 2009 8:53 PM

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Well, I ended up with three out of five hatched. But two died after.
I have an only child. It is a Black Silkie. Only one true showgirls hatched.
The other had a top crest or something. It looked allien to me. A large bump on its head.
Here is a picture of the only child.

Thumbnail by sewincircle
(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

awwwwwwwwww to cute, top hat you say probably polish?

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Gee, I dont know. It had an allien bump on its head. I did not order Polish.
Weird. Showgirls are a mix of Turken and Silkie. I did not think either had top knots.
Idunno.

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Mornin'...
Oh bummer. Sorry you lost the others. =0(
Bet this one ends up spoiled rotten...
;o)

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Ya, only children usually do! hehehe
What is with all the toes!!! This one seems to have a bunch of toes.
Do silkies or other breeds have more toes than normal?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

silkies have 5 toes. A few other breeds do too. That's one thing they look for in show birds - some silkies are born with 4 toes and they can't be shown as silkies.

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

'At's what my dad would call a bird with a good Understanding...
LOL

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

The top knot is a "vaulted skull" and I believe it's a desirable trait. I have a couple of silkies with it..
It's also my understanding that hatching showgirls is like hatching all blue or something.. I can't remember the specifics, but you don't get 100% showgirls.. Just like frizzle.. you only get a few that frizzle out of a hatch.

Keep your chin up Sewin.. I just had a bad hatch and it is very hard, and very frustrating. Don't blame yourself. Things just go wrong sometimes.

You have a darling baby. Silkies are tuff.. maby it can go in with Swimmy and Uno when it's eating and drinking okay.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

O sorry about the 2 babies sewincircle:( The new baby has big feets I think. Is it a dancing breed? Doesn't it look like it has big feets? Cool Mr. BoJanglesPeep. Is it Bath Time yet? I have my water wings on and I'm waiting very patiently. dum de dum de dum.... drumming fingers.... dum de dum de dum...

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Bath time is after supper. We are picking up our new sheep this afternoon. They are from the rescue league and covered in burrs.

See recent posts here:
http://chooksiniowa.blogspot.com

about sheep.

Clarkson, KY

There are a few good sheep sites in reference...Would love if you added more, but they may be a good place to look...

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Sheeeee eeeee eeee eeeeep peeee eeee eeee ple

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Well I paddled out to sing to my seeds in the greenhouse and came back to peep at the sheeps some more. They look like nice woolly sheeps. Now I'm paddling down to check my dahlia tubers. I'm rather liking the water wings for general paddling about. I might wear them all the time.

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

LOL
Floating through life....

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I'm diggin ditches... my boat won't float in mud.

How long can a chicken tread water? LOL

Just kidding...

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Sounds like we need to get you a PFD...
;o)

1 large rubber ducky coming right up...

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

LOL!! I leave ya all alone for one minute and you all run amuck! kids!
Whats with al the mud guys? And paddling? Is it time for duck bathtime?

Thanks ZZ. I was not sure about the whole big head bump thing. It did look funny.
A bit allien!!! I sure wish it lived but it happens. The kids are happy with the one.
It does have HUGE feet Dahlianut!
Happy dancing feet!

Thumbnail by sewincircle
Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Here you go Zzzz
Bathing duckies! All ready for tonight. =0)

Thumbnail by Jayryunen
Elbridge, NY

I love little Speckles but I really feel bad for the other two babys that died I was really hoping that the naked neck chick would live :[ Speckles reminds me of a bumblebee :]
Dominique

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.