Pip Pip Hurray! CNY Launch

(Zone 7b)

No you shouldn't worry remember the resting thing..

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

He pipped yesterday though. Hasnt he rested enough? I put a thread up once about my unusually thick shells. I think itss true. Poor babies! They need power tools! agh!

This message was edited Jan 13, 2009 8:47 AM

(Zone 7b)

Help me Claire.............

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

We have zip!!!! Swimmy is zipping! ohhhhh! This is exciting.
Commander has lost control of the mission.

Thumbnail by sewincircle
(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH you have a zip. Great work.

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

{{{leaping out of lounger}}}

Doing the hatch dance....
boom-chicka-boom-chicka-chicka-chicka-peep-peep-peep

Come on, swimmer, put your beak into it! {{{shake-a, shake-a, shake-a}}}

Are you hydrating, CO Sewin? Juice up... easy on the coffee...

Boiling water....

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

YIIIIIIPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!

ZIIIIIIPPEEEEEEEE!!!!

{{{dancing like a spastic chipmunk}}}

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Swimmy is almost out! He is chipping away with out power tools!!!
The Dance is working! wooohooooo!
Spastic chipmunk woooo sounds wild! alright!!!!!

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Swimmy is here!!!! She/He is here.

Thumbnail by sewincircle

awwwwwwwwwwwww a baby, congrats u 2.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Ack! Sorry Harmony, I was out dealing with frozen water and all that jazz. Looks like it all went OK though. See how it is, Commander SC? You just have to give them time. If they are left to their own devices, usually they are just fine! Hooray! So happy to see Swimmy. What breed is Swimmy?

Jay - your dancing description left me breathless with laughter. Please don't put your back out! Giggle...

(Zone 7b)

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations see no need to worry swimmy knew what he was doing.

AAAAWWWW it is a cute little Chicky Poo

Jelly Bean said happy birthday swimmy!

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

{{{pant, pant, pant}}} Swimmer's gorgeous!

Thanks, C, back's fine. Think the last hip check did bad things to the kitchen cabinet door, though.

Now I'm over by the stove, mulling up the green tea citrus sipper mid-term hydration potion....

green tea
citrus juice
1 sliced orange

Cups all around... D| D| D| D|

Hi little guy, welcome to the mother ship.... Idn't you just the floppiest little thing...

=0)

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Glad to hear you're taking a rest! I'd love some of that citrus potion!

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Well, I have one beautiful yellow baby. I wish I knew what it was. Daddy is Duke, Brahma mix, mama is tweety, the yellow injured girl I have .
Here is mom.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

ohhh citris potion sounds delicious!! One more to hatch. This one pipped last night or this morning sometime. So I wait.....again.

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

That's CO SC in the barcalounger... blissing out. LOL

Gotta stoke up, rest up, hydrate up for big Uno push...

Here you go D|

=0) Pfc Jay standing around... er, by

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

ahhhhh, much better. Thank you.
Rest up my rowdy crew, we have the "UNO push" coming soon.
(Love the name!) wooohoooo

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Here is a (pretty much dry) swimmy. That is an oxy moron isnt it...dry Swimmy! hehehe
I am in love. Now we need a sister. :D

Thumbnail by sewincircle

just 2 cute. See I told ya you could do it.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Awwww.....widdle sweepy swimming, shhhhh evewybody, swimmy's sweepin'

(Zone 7b)

Well i'm off to get some baten down the hatches a cold front is blowing in stuff.

See all yall later and JeanMarie i want to see that other chick when i get back LOL

All yall chicken,pigeon,goat,sheep,dove,peacock,duck,turkey,hog Folks have a good afternoon ^_^

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

I hope to have a pic to show you. Shoping for "baten down the hatches!" sounds interesting.

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Que cute!!!

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Number two is out and curled back up into a ball and fell asleep!!! There is blood. Is this bad??? Medic...I need a medic.

Thumbnail by sewincircle
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Medic Moxon reporting. No need for worry. Sometimes there is a little blood when they separate from the shell. Provided there is not "gushing" blood from the chick, you should be fine. Usually the blood comes from the belly spot where they separate from the egg. Ensure other chicks do not pick at that spot. They can be attracted to blood.

Medic Moxon over and out.

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Congrats!! CO SC, good work! Most fine confined aliens.

Pop! Fizzzzz..... time for celebratory bubbles...

...D-|

Here's to the power tool chicks! ....D-|

=0) Pfc. Jay

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

D---|

**gulp**

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

***gulp!***
Thanks crew you are all the best. The new one seems to be a bit slower than the first. It is sleeping still and does not move much. I am trying not to worry. Its fuz is hard though. Cab I get it a little wet to get rid of the hard yuck.
CMoxon, there was stuff hanging a bit from the belly thing...it came off though. So it will be okay now.?. I think so too. No extra blood. Just initail gush. Here she is now. (just guessing gender, no special powers here) hehehe

Thumbnail by sewincircle
Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Here is swimmy, he has changed so much since you last saw him...LOL Swimmy has feathery legs! hmmmmm...curious.

Thumbnail by sewincircle
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Could Swimmy have feathery legs from Daddy? Brahmas have feathered legs. Does the mom have feathered legs? Try not to worry about the second one - some are just slower. Some don't always make it but I will hope for the best for your little ones.

As for wetting it to get off the hard yuck, I would say wait until it is pretty much fully dry, and then use a warm damp cloth if necessary to soften the yuck and get it off. Do not immerse the chick in water. It really needs to be kept warm rather than wet...

Swimmy just looks adorable, and very perky!

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Swimmy, the next superstar of the coop!
Perky his little fuzzy backside... he's got Presence! (the crowd roars)
Mike J Fox...
adorable presence =0)

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Thanks! He is a mix of white and yellow. Really cute!
Yes dad Duke has feather legs. Mom does not. She did as a baby I think, then they all went away. Maybe she shaves. LOL Those emarrassing leg feathers ya know?
I will wait until its a bit stronger to clean it. It is still really sad looking. Just laying there breathing. :( Thanks for the possitive thoughts for her. She needs them.
She is trying to get up in the hatcher. She moved a little bit just now. :) its working!

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

{{{{stretching and limbering up for chick waddle dance}}}}

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Oh shes breaking out the good stuff! Stand back people and watch her work.

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Forehead forward...
arms akimbo (I love that word!)
bend yer knees...
leeean forward.....

Brookville, PA(Zone 5a)

beautiful babies!!! congrats!!!

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Actually, commander, I have to confess I don't actually know this dance...
I was sorta hoping CPO Moxon or Harm would come along and instruct this lowly private...

Guess we'll just have to fake it....

Peep. peep. stagger to the left, flap-flap, stagger to the right, flap-flap. pause. peep peep. step one step flap-flap.... ruuuuun flapping, peeping, fall over barcalounger. Peep peep peep WHEEEeeeeee!!!

Is Uno inspired yet?

Pfc Jay...

Elbridge, NY

hurray for new babys these two toes on uno arent working is that normal?

This message was edited Jan 13, 2009 9:19 PM

This message was edited Jan 13, 2009 9:19 PM

Thumbnail by chickens4ever
Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

UNO is still not walking. I have to take her to the water. Could be spraddle leg??? Take a look.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.