Rabbits

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Here was my Thumper when she was still with me.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Coushatta, LA

Well Grownut,not all of our rabbits are in stand cages.Most of them of rabbits or in hanging cages.

Coushatta, LA

CMoxon,Thumper was a pretty rabbit.

Coushatta, LA

This is a picture of my thumper.Netherland Dwarf-the picture is not that good.He is also a son of peanuts.

Thumbnail by TheAngelGirl
Coushatta, LA

This is a picture of Baby Girl-Mini Lop.

Coushatta, LA

This is a picture of our broken Polish.

Coushatta, LA

This is another one of our breeder.Part Dwarf Hoto & Netherland Dwarf

(Zone 7b)

How do you deal with the cold weather Rose Girl i see all of yours are in open cages.

Coushatta, LA

Harmonyplace,they are use to the cold.Rabbits handle the cold better then the heat.That is why they are in open cages,so when it gets hot they are under the sheds so the air can criculate in the heat.They have the fur to help keep them warm in the weather.It's the summer you should be worry about,not the winter.We put Heat lamps on the babies to help to keep them warm.

(Zone 7b)

I know about the heat rabbits will stroke out fast in the heat. Mine are in wooden hutches with a enclosed back with straw in it.
I'm concerned it's turning real cold here 10 degrees by Saturday and it's got me worried.

Coushatta, LA

The adults should be ok.If you have any babies put heat lamps on them.The only thing you may have to worry about is their waters freezing.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.