Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

oh no Gloria-thats terrible!
will add everyone to my prayers!!
(((((((((GLORIA))))))))))))))

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I wish I knew what to do next I want to cry but I can't
thank you Dori

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I loaded my neighbor into the car a few years ago-he had fell and broke his hip and then crawled out of the garage till someone heard his cries for help! He never came home-died from a blood clot 4days later! I never thought he wouldnt come home! Life can be so sad!
How horrible for his wife to find him like that! was he old?
my heart breaks for all of you!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

he turned 64 June 28 hes not been well for a long time but would not go to a Dr. (cost to much you know) and he never had the time to much to do hes the one who built my porch its just beautiful he will be missed for ever by so many people
G

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Gloria,

I am so very sorry for the shock and loss of your dear friend and neighbor. My prayers and heartfelt sympathy go out to you and to your dear friend on the loss of her husband. It will be a difficult time for everyone. Life is so uncertain. I'm glad she had you to call and come help her.

It got down to ten below zero here last night. It was up to zero by the time I woke up. My son is a plumber and is already getting calls for frozen pipes. The first call was from the Chief of Police. It is supposed to be even colder tomorrow I think. Don't go out unless you have to and watch your little furry furkids so they don't get frostbite.

It's a good day to bake something in the oven to help take the chill out of the house.

Take care and stay warm.

Brenda

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Very sorry. thats terrible! I hope you are all ok.

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

Gloria....how awful for you and your friend. My DH is not doing well at all - something is wrong with his leg...can't walk etc. He was recently diagnosed with out of control diabetes...high BP....hadn't gone to the doc in over 40 yrs. I am going from anger (that he wouldn't go) to relief that he is still with us. He has gone to a zillion docs in the last three weeks (making up for the years of not going!) However it breaks my heart that he still is in so much pain.

I think I still would want a quick passing as opposed to living the life of a vegetable. I'm in a sour mood today..can you tell!

Weather here is brutal and tomorrow it will be worse...

LOL at Dori sitting on her seed starting mat..careful..you may sprout something from your behind!!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

thank you all its a very hard time and still so hard to beleve he was a wonderful friend I'll miss our long talks out under the tree in the shade he'd all ways say come on over here old girl you'v worked enough for one day

I don't think Dori will sprout unless she waters first that could be shocking!!!!!
Gloria

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

Sorry to hear about your neighbor. It must be so hard to lose a life mate. As a neighbor and friend you want to take their pain away, but you cannot. It is very difficult. She will need you more than ever and is lucky to have a neighbor like you that cares.

-11' here this morning. DH said that on his way to work, away from Gladwin half way to the highway it dipped to -18'. Now that is cold!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Thank you I wish you all knew how much it means to me that all of you are out there we will get through this hard as it is but some times you need some one to kind of lean on and I guess for people I know I'm it but some times it gets hard I keep telling my self I'll fall apart later I don't have time right now I have to be strong right now so thank you for letting me lean just a little bit
Gloria

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

Gloria-I am so sorry to hear that:) My heart is just aching for his wife-I think that is every wife's nightmare...

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

The sun is out and shining here in AuGres but it is cold. It is minus 4 here right now but got down to ten below during the night. We've opened up the drapes so the sun can help warm up the house. It really does help. I'll be glad when this sub zero weather pulls out of here and we get back to more normal winter temperatures. I'm wondering how many of my perennials or trees bit the dust when the temps got down that low. I hope the snow cover protected them. I'm glad I put a foot of leaves over the veggie garden last fall. I have a lot of asparagus in there I'd hate to lose.

Nothing much to do around here but read or play on the computer or watch tv. Too cold to want to go out anywhere. Today is the 15th so half of January is gone. It's going by fast.

Stay warm everyone and go have another cup of hot coffee.

Brenda

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Gloria-Im still praying and thinking of you all!!!
hugz!

its cold cold cold out-when the kids left at 6:30 they said it was -21 with
the wind chill! Im not going out-the boyz bring the mail in when they get off the bus!

SPROUTING-ha ha ha funny girlz

stay warm!
messenger co-op is on-great stuff!!!!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

More bad news an other friend has died this is getting to be to much first Mary then Larry then Lou now Roger all in less than 6 months this has been one of the sadest years I can remember
Gloria

Oh my goodness....I'm so sorry to hear of all this!

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

((((((Gloria))))))) So sorry to hear of your loses, its hard, I know, will be praying for all concerned... Today my dh got a very upsetting phone call, One of his best friends has been in Beaumont Hospital for 3 days (we didn't know it until today) His wife called and said they are taking him off life support. We are just sitting on pins and needles here waiting to hear... :( Steve & his wife Jesse, live in Tawas and dh and I was going to go visit this summer because we didn't get to go this past summer.... Ken (dh) is really beating himself up over it to... They went to school and graduated together... dh lost another friend this past Easter Sunday, It seems they are dying younger and younger, there was a 5 yr old in the OB the other night and I cried...
It is never ending!!!!

I hope things start brightening up for you soon Gloria even tho the heart will be sad for a long time... ((((((((hugs)))))))

Connie

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Oh Connie tell DH not to beat him self up just remember his friend the way he was things happen for a reason we all decided that Larry went first to get things orgenized then Mary went to clean and cook then Lou went to eat and see if they did it right and then Roger went to say grace and thank God it was all done I'm so sorry ((((hugs))))
Gloria

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Gloria---- so sorry to hear about all of the loses of your good friends. Very hard to deal with all at once. We had the same thing happen in 2000. My cousin and grandmother died about three months apart. I will keep you and your neighbor on my mind so sorry for all of your losses. 2009 has to be better huh?

Well when I woke up this morning it was only 6. the windchill was minus 15 or maybe minus 16? Not really sure LOL. Cold the poor dog didn't even want to go out. Feel sorry for them having to go outside. He loves to be all covered up and snuggy! Spoiled is the word. Well be safe and warm. Ronna

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

Check this out.....your never to old ^_^

/www.macombdaily.com/articles/2009/01/17/news/doc4971bfefd9c21380827651.txt

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

What a great story. I met Fred this past summer at his daylily farm. He is a most interesting individual and a great role model for those of us to go into our older years staying active. I'm glad they gave him is degree. I bet he was so proud.

It is snowing hard here in AuGres this morning. I bet we have three or four inches already. I don't know how much we're supposed to get before it stops. It's still really cold out as well. We had planned to drive over to Walmart but it will have to wait till later.

Stay warm everyone and if you have to get out to drive be safe.

Brenda

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

Yeah I was really glad to see that they gave that to him what an inspiration!!! here comes the snow for us supposed to get 3-5 today through tomorrow...ughh I'm sooooooooooo ready for spring...this is getting bad for me. My hands are like ice....I'm gonna go jump in the shower and warm up.....

Stay safe and warm everyone....Spring will be here soon ^_^

Delane

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I met him a few years back too! nice OLD guy! glad he got a degree

cold and snowing and blowing here! dh is cleaning the drive way-we are
going out to dinner at applebee's with some other friends then back here to play some
games.
should be interesting night! :)

spring will be here soon- i tell myself this everyday!!! ;)

What a nice story!! Thanks fro sharing...

Winston-Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Great story!

It was 8 here last night in NC and it remained below freezing all day. Feels like good ol MI!!! Except im not used to it anymore. Been here for two winters so the cold is quite shocking.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

64 more days till spring ;0)

you are only as old as you feel so there for I must be over 100 next month will be better
I think I need some sun vits
I played frizbee with the dog when I came home from work he needed to run and I needed to play !!!!
have a good night and stay warm
Gloria

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Morning well did every one stay warm??? Dori did you have fun I bet the roads were not good I shoveled last night and now we have about 3 more inches for me to shovel again so I can get to my car the little mister will have to plow again to day its not as cold out this morning
every one have a good day and go play
Gloria

above zero here today....time to celebrate!! It did snow overnight...again. And winter is only half over...sigh

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Yes Sarv48 and glevey I agree the morning here has been really quit nice also. We did get some more snow, but nice and fluffy!!! The poor dog hasn't had a walk or run for about five days or so. We went to the local cemetary this morn and her ran to his hearts content. Felt really good outside. Nice fresh air getting in your lungs. Cold? Yes but not really to bad. Just beautiful. He ran, and ran. Pooped and ran somemore ;) Have a great sunday, I do not think one more flafe of snow could possibly sit on top of our poor bird house!!! LOL. Ronna

Thumbnail by gardenlady123
AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

I think you're right Ronna. That birdhouse won't hold another flake. ha ha ha

It's bright and sunny here. Tons of beautiful white snow. Hubby is outdoors running the big tractor with the bucket on the front and the blade on the back. We have a big turnaround cement driveway and he's clearing it all. Good thing I put the driveway markers up last fall with the reflectors on them. I'm wondering if we keep getting snow if they won't get buried somewhere under the whtie stuff. :) I pray we have a slow thaw in the spring or we'll be flooded with this much snow. At least it is a good insulator for our plants and bulbs. With the sub zero temperatures we've had we would have lost a lot of stuff if it wasn't under the snow. I'm glad I put those rose cones on all my new roses. I need to buy some more before next fall. They aren't that easy to find any more. I had to drive all the way to West Branch to find any.

We never made it over to Walmart yesterday so I hope we can get out of here and make the trip today. It will be nice to grab a shopping cart and walk around the store and stretch my legs. I'm getting cabin fever.

Stay warm everyone!!

Brenda

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

Can I borrow someones tractor with a bucket and get it done in one sweep! gosh I don't remember this much snow in a long time...My boys went to the monster jam truck thingy at ford field last nite....it took them forever to get there and they left so early to. I was nervous until I heard they finally got there...well I'm off to tackle the snow....anyone wanna stop by and help???^_^ bring your back hoe...LOL

Is it a heat wave as well today??? hmmm we'll see...

Stay warm and enjoy your day ;o)

Delane

Ronna-I wish I had that luck-since we just moved back a couple yrs ago, our dog that grew up in AZ and CA refuses to go out in the snow unless it is hard enough to walk on-she doesn't like rain either-I guess she got spoiled in the drier areas:( So we do potty pads here in the winter-in the summer when I garden she is a pooping machine and usually right where I am gardening!!LOL

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Was your doggy a small dog fairy??? That is a cute story. Dogs you just gotta love them huh? Mine is all curled up on the bed as I am typing! Have a great evening, Ronna

She is a pug-Ruby:) Here are her and Jade (the cat) curled up under my desk:)

Thumbnail by Fairy1004
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

and she hates me!!!

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

oh Dori no may be she just has to grt to know you better ;0) Traveler is WAY to big to be under my desk he just goes and lays on the sofa
Gloria

Dori-who hates you??? I missed something...

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

LOL Stacey, she is talking about Ruby ^_^

Ruby LOVES EVERYONE-what is she talking about-she will be so excited for the packing party!!!

Dori-are you bringing Dale again??
Connie-is Kenny coming??

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

stacey you know she hates me-she chased me and barked at me and...................LOL
i dont know stacey-do you have a date when it will be?

She did that cuz you were running around playing with her!!LOL

It will be in April-I have to get the dates firmed up...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.