How is everybodys weather

(Zone 7b)

Just watching the weather and seeing all the snow and ice i was concerned about everybody.

I hope everyone is safe and warm ^_^

Thumbnail by Harmonyplace
Belchertown, MA

cold here - supposed to be getting alot of snow tomorrow - we'll see !!

Ferndale, WA

Hi Harm: We just received eleven inches of snow, probably does not sound like a lot of snow, but for us its a lot. We also have temps of 12 and 13 degrees which is cold for us. Changing water three times a day for the ladies til temp warms up. How about you? Hope all is well and wishing you a Merry Christmas. Haystack

(Zone 7b)

Wow that is a lot of snow and i hope your ladies will be okay.

My weather well i didn't want to say it's been in the 70s here but it is supposed to drop by sunday i believe to the 20s.

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

It's unseasonably -un-winter-like- warm here.

I missed where it's going into the 20s Harm! Sheez. I'll get ready!

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Wow Haystack! Does Ferndale usually get ANY snow?

We're getting snow in Vancouver, too. I posted a pic of Lacey and Anya trying to figure out what the heck this white stuff is on another thread. Here it is again....

Thumbnail by Lazy_Ladies
Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Here are the kids making a snowman...

Thumbnail by Lazy_Ladies
Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

We are due for a storm tomorrow again. Could get another foot. CMoxon will be driving through so keep her in your thoughts tomorrow. My bet is school will either be called off or they will come home early. IDK How is everyone else doing so far.
My chickens are great though. They have their heat on and the door closed on days like that. They do just fine for a day or two on lock down. ;)

Newton, AL

warm here in LA~~~~ Like the GA girls, it's going to get cold here too. I am going to VA to pick up my mom this weekend. I keep telling her it's going to follow her back here.

Ferndale, WA

Hi Lazy_Ladies: Love the pic of the ladies, they are adorable, but the pics of your children are priceless. I so love children and their beautiful innocence. And yes LL we generally get anywhere from eight inches to three feet. The winds from the Frazier River in Canada or Noreasterns here create temps to ten below. Last year my brother who is one year older than I attempted to walk to his neighbors house which is one block away and it took three of us guys to get to him and get him back to his house. It took his wife a couple hours to get him warmed up enough so he could move under his own strength. It can get really rough up here at times, but not every year is it like that. I still love it here. Haystack

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

Snow and 20's Tues, now in the upper 50's. Weird Ky. weather. The snow was pretty though. That wet heavy stuff that sticks to the trees.
George

Thumbnail by daylilydaddy
Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Wow - I had no idea. Like I said in another thread, I frequented Bellingham in my early college years - friends and BF lived there. I traveled through Ferndale a couple of times on my way to Canada, but it must have been during more temperate times of the year. Glad your brother is OK, that sounds like some major chill going on there!

Ferndale, WA

Hi DLD: What a beautiful winter pic. Looks like it belongs on a post card. Loved the beautiful dog in the pic, He so looks like the rest of the pic, white and black. Thanks again> Haystack. Just went out and checkked the temp, it reads about 5below zero. Tried to get the cats out but they would have none of it. Haystaack

Bridgewater, ME

7 below here this morning,a high today of 4 then a big storm comming in for Sunday thru Monday.Can deal with the snow but hate the bone chilling cold,I have to keep the chickens in and they hate it.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

It was in the 80 here yesterday, will be in the upper 70's today but it will be dropping next week and I a so not looking forward to going to Atlanta Ga. BURRR!

Clarkson, KY

LOL. Way up north, huh Wren?! {{{Atlanta!!gigglegiggle}}}

It is north for me. And the last time we where there in winter my so sweet sister had the temp set at 65 we froze in side the house!!!!!!! It is probable warmer inside y'all chicken coops!!!!!

(Zone 7b)

Atlanta what a busy town i like my country woods over the city lights.

I agree my town has gotten to big for me but not as big as the stepping of place for H______
(I do not like that place- I do not do good it the traffic we have here- Note to self pack tranquilizers)

Clarkson, KY

Ours is set at 67 -I'm livin' the high life...

Ferndale, WA

Just talked with a friend around the kent area. He must have heard the same news as I heard. Temps down to twentyfive below, with winds up to seventy miles per hour. Power outages high probability. Hang on to your hat ya'll it's gonna be a real ride. I truly hope all of you here at Daves stay safe and warm. Haystack

Belchertown, MA

Well, no school today - waiting for the big storm.....it just started snowing (after 1pm!!) but it is coming down like crazy.
My girls like to stay outside. I just put up some fleece in the doorway of the coop - car wash style - to keep the heat in the coop. Hopefully they'll adjust to going in and out through it. ?? We'll see.
Snow is supposed to come down 1-2 inches per hour all day now. Great! I wouldn't mind if it just stayed off the roads and driveways......... :)
T.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

As I expected, No school for the kids today. Big storm came through today.
I sure hope Claire is safe and sound wherever she is today.
Boy Haystack! 25 below. That just isnt right! I will send warm thoughts to you and your wife! Stay warm! I wouldn’t go out either! (the cats) LOL!
Wren, I will be down to visit soon. JK

Hold up the temps are going to be down to 37 this weekend. I like roller coasters but not in the weather

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

That is quite a change in temp.
Roller coaster is right!
WEEEEEE!

That is not unusual in winter down here. We can go from low 30 to high 70 in one day. But not usual this early in the winter.

Citra, FL

You guys are making me very glad Im in Florida. Im a cold weather weenie.

Me to, but up here in north Florida the temps do very a lot. That is way we can not get acclimatize to cold weather. I can not handle the extreme col d

Dallas, TX

A nice balmy 75 yesterday and I think itll get to about 60 today. But two days ago we were at 30 as a high. Go figure...
I get what your saying about acclimatizing wren. That is the way it is here too. Its just never steady enough to get used to anything....except for 100 for a month in the summer. When we went up to Montana I didnt have any problemswith the cold because when you went outside everyday you knew it was going to be cold and you got used to it. Here you just never know!

(Zone 7b)

I'm going to an outside BBQ today "in December!" You got to love this Ga.weather to live here. Then by monday it's going to be in the 20s nights...........

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I don't think I could stand the roller-coaster weather! I like my definite seasons... I don't even get those here. I wish I could convince DH to move further east in WA. Then I'd get my definite seasons...

The whole Portland, OR/Vancouver, WA metropolis is covered in a blanket of snow... some areas have more than others, but we NW'rs aren't used to it. So its pretty much shutting down the city. ;-)

I'm about to go make a big fat breakfast: sausage, eggs, potatoes, etc... then I look forward to a slow day with a fire burning and an occasional cup of hot chocolate with the kiddos.

(Zone 7b)

Sounds like a wonderful day Kristen! I love the weather here have all my life it's fun to go to a BBQ today and maybe building a snowman next week.

I have a calendar from a few years ago where we went fishing and it was 70s and 3 days later we had 3 inches of snow!

I have gone swimming in the ocean in Dec. one year.

The Dalles, OR

I live in a place that doesn't get all that much rain in a year. But, so far this winter, we have about 18" of snow piled up. We are supposed to get possibly 3 feet of the white stuff.
And I am sick of it already. And it's cold too.
Guess I can whine a bit. It's just that people here where I live aren't doing good. Pipes are freezing, their heating units quit working, dang it's a mess. I have been taking buckets of water to people. I feel so bad for them.
I used to live in the Interior of Alaska so I know how to survive a cold winter. Most people don't know how. Most people here, especially the landlord's, didn't bother to check the insulation on the pipes. Now, they have to do that because the water pipes have frozen. And of course, any insulation at all has fallen off. What a mess.
One friend of mine called me this morning to ask if I had an extra heater. I dragged out a Cadet heater and I will give that one to them. Hopefully they can rig up a heavy extention cord to it.
I will be glad when winter is over.
Copper

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

We're having pretty mild weather here, for us. It's been windy the last 3 days. Cloudy the first day of wind, but sunny for the last two. We've had a couple of 6" snows which have already melted off; that's a little light for this time of year. We should be in the teens at least by now, not 30's and 40's. Lots of talk down at the feed store about drought and poor range next summer if this keeps up. Fortunately we got good rain this last summer, so the winter range is doing OK so far. Fat, happy cows.

I managed to get the stalls enclosed, thinking I was doing the donks a favor, but now they are standing outside in the wind because there's no sun in the stalls and they'd rather have sun (I think...)

Copper, is The Dalles on the eastern range?

Gotta go straighten up the house, we've got company coming tonight and I've been staining plywood in the kitchen...

Jay

The Dalles, OR

The Dalles, Oregon is right on the Columbia River but roughly 20 miles give or take a few from Mt Hood. and Yes, that's eastern part of Oregon. Hood River get's far more rain than we do., but omg, the snow. This is going to be a bad snow year I think. But, at least Mt. Hood will get snow and that means a good amount of stored water for us in the Summer. Summer's get HOT here. 115 is not unusual. I can't take it that hot. So, I have to live inside with the AC unit.
But, I am not going to be here in this trailer much longer. Sad to say I am being evicted because I can't pay for utilities and my rent both. I just don't receive enough money for SS Disability. I don't know what the heck people are supposed to do.
However, I do have options I am now just waiting for the snow to melt and then I am planning on moving from here. And yes, taking every single one of my animals with me. I have traveled a lot of miles and they all went with me so now is no different.
Hope everyone is ok and dealing with their weather. Stay warm or cool as is the case everyone.

Sapello, NM(Zone 5b)

Yeah, I moved further north in NM because it was getting too hot in Albq. for me, too many days over 100* and no snow anymore in the winter. I'm with you, over 90* and I'm inside in the AC.

Utilities are doing in a lot of folks. We sprang for a wood stove this last summer, pricey but now we can get our own firewood with a permit. Beats the dickens out of propane prices! Sheeww.

Glad to hear you've got alternatives. =0) I think it's tougher in a city than a town. We stop seeing each other as people when there's so many.

We've got some snow up in our mountains, too, but I don't think it's near enough. And the stinkin' ski resorts are pumping thousands of gallons of water to make snow. I really have a hard time believing that's sustainable.

Jay

Dallas, TX

Im sorry to hear your going to have to be moving. But you sound like a strong independent person and I bet youll find something even better.
Jay, I totally agree with what you mean about city vs rural life. Do you think I could call my neighbors up if my pipes froze up and they would bring me over water and heaters and the like. Not likely. Thats why DH and I are moving to the country as soon as we have the money to buy the land we want. We wish we could go now and start actually living. Not just this toil and turmoil of the city. You feel like your just a rat in the race and your right people dont see each other as needing their neighbors anymore so community is really lost. We've replaced friendship and community with fancy cars and consumerism and walled ourselves up in big houses with fancy things but no meaning to our lives...

sorry I get on my soap box sometimes...

Tacoma, WA

I agree meg_e!! I can't wait to move back to the country, I want my kids to know how to do chores more than just take out the garbage, and to be creative and go outside (even in the snow) and enjoy & appreciate this beautiful world we live in!!

Our kids grow up in this BUSY world, and don't know what to do when "there's nothing to do"!

We're getting more snow here, and the wind is supposed to pick up (30-95 mph) Yikes!! But it sure is pretty, and great for sledding, it's great fun to be a big kid (except I'll feel it tomorrow)!!

Clarkson, KY

Just heard tomorrow's high will be at just after midnight. It's supposed to drop to around 10 day after!!gah!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.