New to daves:]

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

They're already all over it. Cool. http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6360375.html

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Good point cajininky. Also mulch spreader.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

You could volunteer it's use for putting out forest fires and end up being one hot patooty!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Patents like that make my career choice an embarrassment. Sigh.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Are you going into patent law?

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

cajun...that is too funny!
dahlianut...Another missed oportunity! Man!
CMoxon...You will do us proud, regaurdless of the crazy people. Oh wait thats me!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Dahlianut, I am in patent law already. I am a registered patent agent and have been for 6.5 years. I prepare and prosecute plant biotechnology patents. Patent agents can practice patent law without a law degree because we have to pass something called the patent bar exam, which requires science degree instead, because patent law is more about understanding inventions than about the law. However, the company where I work wanted me to become a full blown patent attorney. They can do extra things that patent agents can't do, like draft contracts and do legal opinions. Thus, I am now nearly halfway through law school (on their dollar) and will be a patent attorney in about 2 years. But going back to school in one's 40's for one's 4th degree is tiresome and exhausting sometimes, and right now I am studying for finals. That's when I ask myself "Why am I doing this again?" Groan...

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I think it's great Claire and it sounds very interesting. I am sure I will need a patent lawyer for my weather transporter in the future. It's tough to go back to school. I don't envy you that part.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

It will pay! I am going back to school also. I often ask myself the same question.
This is my second degree though. You are two up on me! hehehe
Good luck on the finals! Mine start next week. It seems late this semester. weird.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

weather transporter...are you taking early orders?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Yes there are big bunch from the NE and Mid-West who are already signed up for the testing phase and have pre-ordered. I will put you on the list sewincircle. After all they were doining it on Star Trek in the 70s so how hard can it be?

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Ya, really. Do you have Dr. Spock on the payrole?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Nope Scottie ^_^

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

live long and prosper V!

Elbridge, NY

I'm a good kid though :D
I think I deserve a duck.
he he he
when I get older I want to
have ducks, chickens, 1
horse, 2 cows and 2 girl
goats. I'm going to live on
a farm:]

(Zone 7b)

Hello Dominique I'm glad to see you back here. I put up a thread called "Heres some Holiday fun" And you can go on the site and make a video it would be fun. I bet your mom would want to be in one.

Elbridge, NY

ok sounds good I will do it right now:]

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

2 girl goats is not nearly enough. I have 17 girl goats and 3 wethers ("fixed" boys) and 1 buck. That's so that we can milk the goats. If you don't get them bred, they can't be milked. I think you should get mini goats, like Nigerian dwarf goats, and have maybe 5. To start. And work your way up to 10. Or more. ;-)

The chickens like to hang out with the goats too. Sometimes they ride on their backs.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

That goat is smiling!!! I've never seen a goat smile before!!! What's her name?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

That's my Opal! She is a Nigerian dwarf. She likes hugs. This is from earlier this year, about August I think.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Elbridge, NY

awwwww! they are soo... cute
I wish I could get even one goat!
Ones that look just like that.
It's so cute how they sit on your
lap like that. That goat it very good
at posing and has a beautiful smile
Dominique:D

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

She has a good winter coat. Do you think the other goats will be jealous of the curly locks the new ones have? Do goats get jealous? I know birds do.

Elbridge, NY

my moms rooster is a big baby
(he stills lets her pick him up and
comes when she calls him) yeah
but when ever you are feeding one
of the other chickens black oil
seeds he will come over peck then
and eat out of your hand so that
proves the fact that birds do get
jealous ha ha ha.
Dominique

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

or very smart about tasty treats ^_^ My wild male finches are very jealous of others that have more or brighter coloring and the prettier ones are very vain about it too. I wonder why the females put up with all the nonsense but I guess it's all about breeding with them.

Clarkson, KY

Missed that breath of fresh air, Cajun!! Is it still graceful if we only talk this suspender talk on DG and never patent??

Dahls -you wonder why the females put up with all the nonsense?? Having a partner is ALL about putting up with nonsense...{{{right?}}}

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I am wondering how the other goats will react but because of their lice I have to keep them separate for now. I will integrate after bathing and de-lousing meds given. I know they can be very possessive of food. Not sure if they exactly get jealous though.

Clarkson, KY

They'll probably be buds by that time, but how are you going to de-louse the bedding?? (eek, gah, gasp!!)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I don't put up with nonsense. I read the marriage contract very carefully and it clearly states that I don't have to put up with nonsense. Silliness yes, nonsense no. (Good thing about the silliness or I'd have been tossed or traded in along time ago :O)

Clarkson, KY

Ooops. Maybe that's where I went astray. I reserved the right to be nonsensical and then had to reciprocate...drat.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Well right now the 4 angoras (pygoras?) are in the Wick building (barn) with each other. They are on straw and corralled in a nice little area. After we have done bathing and treating, we will take all the old straw and burn it and put in new straw. After the second treatment (takes 2) we will do the same thing - burn the old bedding. Then put them in with the other goats. The best way to deal with potentially infested bedding straw is to burn it, in my opinion, and then bleach rinse the area it was in (which is concrete floor) and I don't think the lice can live for long in these temps if they decide to wander off the goat.

Clarkson, KY

Pheeew. Concrete is far less scary...

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Yes, on a dirt floor, it would be far more unpleasant to deal with.

Clarkson, KY

I've got dirt...

Elbridge, NY

If anyone could help me that know about medical donditions for chickens, could you respond to my new thread called "my hens loosing feathers! :["

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

If that had been the case here, I probably would have tried to figure out another building to confine them in temporarily. Or treat all my goats preventively (ugh...)

Elbridge, NY

opk its not called my hen is loosing feathers thats what i ment to call it but instead i wrote my hen is lossing feathers sorry but like I said, I dont know whats happening and I would like to know.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

If we promise not to patent we can still pass for graceful. Don't let something like a droopy, dragging butt rob you of your dignity. Hold your heads high even when your butts drop low. We are lady farmers. We laugh at droopy butts!!!! Of course, others will be laughing at them too but that is beside the point. Be strong.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Right on cajun!!! I am not a lady farmer butt dahliaholics laugh at everything. I shall wear my droopy butt with pride ^_^

Clarkson, KY

I generally try to. My main concern is having it droop and drag and damage someone else's property. Cornering too quickly and taking out a china shepherdess, that sort of thing...What would Miss Manners do?!
Wait...a lady always wears the appropriate attire to any occasion....Hoop Skirts?

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Would that be like the proverbial "Bull in a chica shop"? Yes, I am all for the suspenders unless someone comes up with an anti gravity machine.
Hoop skirts make me look bigger!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.