I was hoping to meet some nice people so then I could
feel more welcomed into the site. For start I have 11 chickens,
1 guinea pig, 1 whites tree frog, 1 hamster, 2 hermit
crabs and 2 ferrets and 1 dog. I love animals. I hope to meet many
new people soon.
Dominique

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Welcome Dominique!
I smile when I read that you have ferrets. We used to have two of them -- pesky little critters! I loved them!

(Zone 7b)

Welcome Dominique! My name is Harmony and i raise Bantam Chickens I also raise Doves and Pigeons.
I have 4 dogs Andy, Shorty, Tina and Contessa and 3 dwarf rabbits named Mary Anne, Honey and June Bug.
I love raiseing animals,gardening, collecting antiques and going to yard sales and flea markets.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Welcome. I am just a honorary chicken head. I do not have any poultry or live stock unless you count my overgrown brown dog that is pretending to be a sheep. I do feed the wild birds so I am CWBO Wren I can milk a cow.

Sandy

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Be afraid. Be VERY afraid. You will get addicted to fluffy things if you hang here. It is whoa very scary.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I'm dahlianut and I'm a featherless interluder. I'm slightly touched and I like to goof around hence the preceding post. Welcome ^_^ Do you like to sing?

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Hey, someone stole all my animals! JK hehehe
Nice to see you Dominique. (Looks round corner to computer in other room)
Be good and have fun! Dont take any candy from strangers...LOL

(Zone 7b)

It's nice to see mom and daughter here.

(i edited because i thought you might think i was rude)

This message was edited Dec 8, 2008 10:32 PM

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Dominique has been a part of BYC with me also. She likes this one better.

This message was edited Dec 8, 2008 10:26 PM

Well as my DM says that I am the oldest kid she knows (59) and most of the other are in there second childhood I see no problem.

Newton, AL

I think it's great! Welcome. We are all kids at heart anyway. That's why we love animals so much. Animals know when you don't have a pure heart and they don't like you. So if we all have pets and animal friends that like us, we are just kids.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

LOL I just dont want poeple to feel odd. I know she has been enjoying reading with me.
She loves seeing the hatches! Thats her favorite part. Thanks

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Thanks for welcoming Dominique. Shes a great kid ( I am partial)
She loves our chickens soooo much!

This message was edited Dec 8, 2008 10:35 PM

(Zone 7b)

I think it's fine she will like all the chick pics. I act like i'm 12 when i see all the fuzzy wuzzy's.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi chickens4ever,
You have more pets than we do!
We have:
1 cat Quigly Started out as a barn cat but moved into the house.
2 dogs Galloway a BC and Cowboy a Mastiff/Boxer/Shepherd mix
1 rabbit Apple
1 fish Stream
1 turtle Hinge
1 salamander Domino
11 chickens the roos are Trey, BJ and Charlie. The hens are just called "the girls"
1 duck Miss Quackers
10 horses Shaq, Buddy, Tug, Gypsy, Granny, Goldy, Firefly, Godiva, Glory, Coffee

Our hamster escaped his cage and we haven't seen him since. After winter is passed we may get a few more pets. At least another hamster and a hermit crab.

So good to meet another animal lover. Welcome to DG.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

o wow I could get depressed. I thought I was your favorite kidling. Now I've been upsurped :( Chickens4ever please tell me you don't know any ninja moves?

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

LOL!
I have not seen her do any flips or karate chops, but she can go into stelth mode.

(Zone 7b)

OH! You have got to get her on the wassil thread she would have fun there and i bet she can think up a good one.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Absolutely! She is in chorus. hehehe.
I like the virtual song singing...I can sing like Mariah Carey here! ROFLOL

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

O sob. Nobody needs me anymore. I've been upsurped. (sobbing unconrolably)

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Oh no! No one can replace you!
Hugs, wipes nose!

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Cajun, what kind of turtle? Oh you have a whole bunch of pets!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Sob hiccup sniffle. Thanks sewincircle but I think I'm gonna get my butt (and a drooping butt too as I just learned) kicked.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Oh ya, the one that betrayed you!
Gravity, who needs it! (oh ya we do)
Mine is with yours, a bit further south everytime I look.
Hey,They can vacation together!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Personally I think gravity is over rated. What is it actually doing but keeping the upside down people affixed to the planet. We could welcome them to the right side up with open arms and then there would be no need for that evil butt drooping thing. ok that was just my thoughts because I haven't been to my first butt drooping therapy session yet. I'm sure I will learn to EMBRACE butt drooping for the good of all. Ya right.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Unfortunately it is a reality. There are many "droopy" things now. I now buy expensive face stuff like a force field to fight against it. I am planning a rebellion. Can I count you in? We will fight together. Bring the Ninja moves. I will bring, well, I will just be there!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Hi chickens4ever, I'm late getting on here tonight because we just went to the Animal Rescue League and got 4 angora or pygora goats and they are so cute but they were really badly neglected before and were confiscated from their former home. We are hoping that they will be happier and healthier on our farm, but they have a way to go yet. There is an adult female and 3 baby females.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Aww, those are the really small goats right?
chickens4ever wants one, or two, or...

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Yes, they are small, but not quite as small as our Nigerian dwarf goats. Very cute and very curly fleece. Except these have come from a neglect situation so right now they smell very bad and their hooves are all messed up from standing in mud and excrement all day. They will come out fine though - they need major TLC.

Dwarf goats???? I wonder if I could sneak one in here and call it a strange looking dog.

They do allow pot-bellied pigs.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Well, they are in the right place now!
I am sure they will turn around quickly and
their health needs will be taken care of.
Yes, a funny lookin' dog. Put on a collar and a leash....

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

4ever
My turtle is an eastern box turtle. That is why I call her Hinge. She is a rescue. Nearly all our animals are.

Elbridge, NY

Hi thankyou everyone for helping me feel welcome
I do like to sing and I dont have any karate moves. ;]
I want agoat so bad but dad says no and I want 2 ducks
but dad says no to that too. :[
I personally dont think he wouold beable to tell the
difference between the ducks and the chickens:]
Dominique

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

He might not be able to tell from listening to them, but mostly the duck bill is a pretty good give-away! LOL! Hinge is a cute name for a turtle, I love it!

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

Welcome Dominique. Just jump right on in here with all us nutty chicken heads. We may need to change the chicken part to something else, since alot have more than just chickens.

Clarkson, KY

O-dangalanga. Look what I miss when I let other family members use the computer -never should'a done that!! Welcome Ch4rs!! You are officially hanging with the wild crowd -only our animals are domesticated!

Y'know Sewin', Dahls, I'm thinking some variation on suspenders -starting beneath chest and ending beneath buns?? Naaw, we'd just end up looking like linebackers....

Ch4rs (you'll have to stop me it's already stuck in my head!!) You might con him in to a guard guinea? Branch out slowly?

(Zone 7b)

Hello Dominique see these nice ladies have come to welcome you. Dads can be a little tuff when it comes to pets when i was a young girl i was only allowed a cat.
Do you enjoy school my son says it's boreing and to hard he would rather work than go to school.
He is in AG and Horticulture at school he likes to plant things and he likes cows more than chickens.

Well i have to get over to the garden forum been ordering spring seeds.
Again nice to meet you ^_^

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Hi Dominique!
It's great to have you on the best forum of DG!
We have(at the moment):
4 Buff Orpingtons
1 Pekin Duck
10 Black Australorps
4 Easter Eggers
1 cat
3 dogs
Every spring we pick up piglets and sometimes a calf or two. This year we are considering getting some turkeys. I'm also jonesing for some more goats and sheep!
I'm glad to see that you've been issued the standard warning about hanging around this forum: very contagious!! And please note there is no vaccination or cure!! Not that any of us would want one!
Sue :-)

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

suspenders -starting beneath chest and ending beneath buns....this could work.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Ladies, grow old gracefully. There is 1 advantage to having your buns drag the ground. They blot out your tracks so you're harder to find identify! LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.