Okie Hatch Underway

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

Will have to post pictures this afternoon, but we have 3 pip's, getting the hatcher heated up right now. Oh boy now the fun begins.

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

Cool..

Ferndale, WA

Way to go Tia: What a recovery. How many eggs in the bator? And what breeds? Haystack .

9 dozen of barnyard specials, from Missouri. 5 dozen of black sex links. Shelia would have to say what her breeds are as I got the 9 dozen from her. The ones hatching now are from her, the 5 doz is a day later. I really like this incubator, it is a sportsman 1202, an old model but it has done great at keeping temp just perfect. Wow what a learning experience this has been. My grandson had an egg he watched out of the last hatch, it is a turken and I think I am going to name him Trouble, if there is trouble to get into with my grandson and this chick they do it. For example I HAD a feeder in there that is round and you put a mason jar on it, will this turken got into the feeder and was in the jar. I wished I had taken a pic of it.

Here is some from last weeks hatch and some I got as chicks at at auction. the bigger ones are production reds.

Thumbnail by luvs2garden2000

here are the pips 8 for now

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

O yay!

Googling "turken".

Clarksburg, MO

I am here for moral support.

ANd have to say GO TIGERS
MIZZOU RAH

congrats Tina! will be waiting for the update

Sheila

Citra, FL

Good grief!! I cant wait to see this hatch!

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Special Agent of the CID reporting in and awaiting orders.
(I'll have a number one with a Coke. hehehe!) JK
Anticipating a great deal of joy for someone who needs it!
yippy!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Nine dozen! I would lose myself in fluff!

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Nine dozen is fluffilicious!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Wow.. I can't imagine..
That's gonna be crazy!

Will be waiting!

Well had to go watch the FOOTBALL game How about them SOONERS. Anyway when I got home 6 have hatched out and happy as can be and 4 more zipping. Some in the hatcher some still in the bator. Just do not have room for all of them in the hatcher. Pics tomorrow as I am exhausted.

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

Pics pics!!!

Are you all hatching constantly? I'm becoming addicted and my DH is starting to give me looks.

But he still wants to see Grownut's big chickens....I should not have said that out loud.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Jenks....I can hardly breathe....you made me laugh too hard....Grownut's big chickens.....oh man, what a way to start the day....

pics coming up soon as it is light enough in the room, 14 so far.

Here we go

another

Clarksburg, MO

Definately some Silver Laced Wyandottes, RIR or New Hampshire Reds, and some Barred rocks and looks like one Buff Orp Baby.

they look so happy! Except for that red on the right side of the last pic. He seems to be hiding something by pretending he is asleep.

Sheila

here is a brooder i got at an auction

yea they are pretty happy and sleeping now.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

cutie little fluffybutts!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

How cute!

I will get better pics of them once they recover from hatching, they are just tuckered out.

(Zone 7b)

OH! I just love the fluffy red ones! Congrats Luvs

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Looks like another successful mission so far.
WOW, great lookin peeps there!
I love the brooder you have! Lots of room for lots of chicks.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Where's the gazillion boo boo babiez? Howz it goin so far?

more hatched out last night, I do not have a head count as of right now but will try to get one today. there are at least 50.

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Whew! That head count would be making me dizzy! When I check on my 'toddler chicks' I have to do it a couple of times and there is only 14 of them!!lol!
Congrats on all them beautiful fluffballs! Keep the pics coming!!

Sue:-)

Well just moved them from the nursery brooder ( a make shift bird cage with heater in front and blanket on top), to the new 2nd floor of the metal brooder in pic above. They are all 60 of them so far and more hatching, are happy hungry and thirsty. Sugar water and feed at free will.

babies so far,

more

and more

top floor of the condo, these are JG's, turkens,(these hatched last week) Production reds and Black sex links.(these were purchased at an auction and are about 3 weeks old.

thought I would throw this in, these are my 2 incubators.

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Too Cute!! I've never raised turkens. Which ones are those?

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Turkens are cute. My oldest wants to get one or two to put in with the other chickens.
Naked necks! I wonder about our cold weather with that. hmmmm

they say they are cold heardy.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

really? Well good news for my kids then.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.