Okie Hatch Underway

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I make up words and correct my dictionarys all the time so our beluved Claire will always be busy ^_^ I keep getting a mental image of the auntie in the rocker covered with the bedspread from National Lampoon's Vacation about the chickens on the RV roof. I will be chickenless as long as I live in city limits (sniffle). Dratted chicken police :( They put a kybosh on a zebra too :( I will just have fluffy peepers vicariously through you friends ^_^

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

AHHHH! my eyes, there is suddenly so much more light in the entire US.
hehehe! been busy Harmony?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

ok I missed the 300 part. KERPLUNK (another swoon). I bet Harmony is a professional feets shuffler. Would that many fit in a cab of a truck for visiting? Probably not.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

I am always happy to share my chickens!
The poultry police huh? Nothin better to do than pick on a good
chicken luvin citizen! Let me at um...

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

that is so right about the temp and the humidity on that top hatch. Look at it wrong and it is out of wack. I also plan on doing 300 chicks every about 30 days or so come spring.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Shuffler and multitasker! (maybe deaf too from what luvs said about how loud her 70+ are)
Quick get some water Dahlianuts gone down.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

I will be happy with 6 or 12. hehehe.
I will be stressed out about it too.
Guess I am a drama queen.

lol I am about deaf, they are still not calmed down. and they have been put down for about 2 hrs now. It will be about another hr or so and IF no one makes a noise they will stay down. But just think in the background all the time chirping all day from 120 chicks all day long, it will make you deaf.

(Zone 7b)

I sell alot of chickens so i have to hatch alot of chickens. My business is self sustaining my chickens buy their own feed and any meds or equipment. I rarely have to use my own money to purchase anything for them. They even bought the vaccine i used for the wet pox i had in my flock. Whenever i need something i simply sell a few birds and i got the money.
This way i get to fully enjoy what i do and i'm able to have alot of birds and still be able to provide them with excellent care.
Every Chicken that i buy is and investment i'm constantly on the look out for a new bloodlines to extend mine.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Well done Harmony! I wish I could say the same. I just put money in. I love them though. Maybe someday we will extend. My DH has talked about selling eggs now...maybe.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

CPO Moxon has nearly passed out from reading this thread and seeing all the spelling and grammatical faux-pas, and is not even going to begin to correct anything because it is a lost cause. SurreyBrit - your spelling is fine so I don't know what you're worried about! Many Brits are better spellers because they actually enunciate properly so that the words actually sound as they are spelled.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Surreybrit, I told ya I would make you look good.
I was trying to give you something to do CMoxon! yaaaa, thats it! Something to do!

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Surrey just think of the extra money you could make at the RV Park with the eggs?! Maybe set up a petting zoo type area where parents put a quarter in and get a small handful of scratch feed!

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

Great idea! It could work! Petting zoo and eggs...hmmmm

Big Lake, MN(Zone 4a)

Wouldn't make much from a petting zoo, the park is for over 55's.!! Have you ever seen a 'winter Texan' RV Park? The actual RV spots do not have enough room to swing a cat, didn't dare say chicken However this year we have bought a park model that does have a shed. Move the washer and dryer out and I would have room for a couple, no room for a run they would have to free range. Don't think that would work though, even with a 10 mile ph speed limit the older 'old fogies' would never see them in time to stop. Don't think squished chicken would sell very well.

Guess I will just have to keep getting my chick fix from you folk.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

That will be just fine. We would not want to put any feathered friends in danger of being squished.

Sue, RI(Zone 6a)

Hey I had to try!!!lol!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

So what was your final final Luvs? Are you so knee deep in chicks there is no way to count? LOL Like trying to count fish!

Last count was 125. And all done hatching until next month.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Are they big enough that you can just let them burble around now and swarm over your bare feets? That would be heavenly sigh.

They stay caged up, and when they go outside they will stay in a hoop house at least the pullets.

Lodi, United States

Ah ha! Dear Moxon, the British do pronounce everything "foreign" the way it is spelled--which is why we poor unlettered American students had to learn to pronounce "Don Juan", Don Jewon" in order to make things rhyme in Byron's "Don Juan". And Illinois is annoyingly pronounced "Illinouize", Houston as "Whoston", by my British friends. But as Ricky has pointed out in a truly memorable "Lucy" episode--there is no easy explanation for "bough", "though" and "through". I adore the complexity and richness of English--but I don't think it is ever easy to spell--unless it has a Latin root.

And where is the Punctuarian when you need him/her?

SurreyBrit--Dutch Bantams lay nice eggs and are very small--you could make a tiny run next to the washer and dryer:0)

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I'm the punctuarian in my spare time. ;-)

It's enough to keep up with the spelling around here, so I mostly let people off the hook on their punctuation.

Don't even get me started on Des Moines (Dez Moyns). ARGH!

Big Lake, MN(Zone 4a)

Catscan I suppose I could get some in Texas, but just where do you think I would put them for the journey home in April? Though I guess I could put a bough through the back window for them to perch on while travelling. I am not sure if Motels would consider them pets but they do charge an additional $10 per pet.

Clarkson, KY

And is it Nocher Dahm or Nocher Dayme?

My Senior English teacher (HS) did those spellings with Chaucer. pronouncing every g and h. Now tough, sough, and enough, otoh...

Dahl's you need a collapsible chicken tractor and a lot of chicken diapers...

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

It should be Not-ruh (with emphasis on the Not) Dahm. (rhyming with calm). (means "our lady")

The "Dame" part appears in the word "Madame" which is Mrs. in French. It is also pronounced "ma-dahm"

Clarkson, KY

If I hadn't had my tongue in my cheek I would've bitten it!! Moxy!! I oughtta kick Vut-ruh...!! Just doin' yer doody?!

This message was edited Dec 11, 2008 3:12 PM

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

This is all too confusing for me. I will send the official Dahlianut revised Oxford and Webster Dictionarys to Claire and then we will all be good ^_^ I've been pencilling in corrections for many many years so I think it will be helpful. We all know the the original dictionary guys did way too many bad drugs in the seventies which is why we are in this fractious dictionary dilemna. Dahliant just saving the day dear Claire ^_^

Clarkson, KY

Oh, Dahls!!!{{{sob}}} She believed the absolute worst of me...hic...

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Cousin nut our beluved Claire is very regimental and on an intercom with the Queen about spelling. I will slowly convince her through logic and rocket science that she might have gone awry with the Queen spelling thing. Don't be sad cousin. I just keep spelling as it should be and hope that Claire will join in. After all she is our best hope at writing the bestest new dictionary because she is the bestest at spelling.

Clarkson, KY

{{{snifflesnuffle}}} hic...but thththis was FFfFrench.....

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Ah Grownut, ne soyez pas triste. Je vous aide avec votre Francais, mon amie! Je vous donne un gros calin. :-)

Lodi, United States

Donne? Moxon said "Donne". I love Donne:0)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

sxgruntxigrrrr (klingon translation for those who need it)

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Will you help me too Commander Moxon?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Of course ZZ! I'm free for hire!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

What's a calin?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

A hug.

Clarkson, KY

That word threw me too. It was sounding like a sumpin' juicy for my 'boo-boo'.

As far as the help (so gracefully and lovingly offered) -last time I spoke French I was conjugating Japanese verbs with French endings, without either making mistakes in the conjugation or noticing the problem. The Japanese friend I was visiting at the time laughed herself silly. Our Claire should not have to rehab someone THAT far gone...

FTR, the verb was [mire] -this is actually mi-ru from the Japanese, but that wouldn't be French so it became an [re] verb (and I knew 'to see' was both [re] and irregular...)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.