December Daily Weather - Tis the Season!

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

I have bad sleets tomorrow at noon to 6 pm... Stay home this time until tomorrow...

Pepper - that pic is nice B/W coneflower head seeds with snow.

henry10 - yeah, that's good bold color that I has on my kitchen wall and still not finish on cabinets yet need a break for my hip to come first warm day on weekend yaya! I can paint on cabinets this weekend...

kiska - wow that's so close! Moose is so huge... I know the weight is more heavy...

So, my step-son move in last Sunday and help him to understand his girlfriend cheat him 2 times...So, I let him live in my home for now... I gonna make some good 10 pounds of fudges for my brother in Calif.
I will be busy this week to finish clean my living room sooner then I can paint cabinet this weekend..
Have a great day!

(Zone 3b)

Cloudy. Dark. Lows zero to 10 above.
Variable wind to 10 mph.
ric~ Robyn's choice of colors are fantastic and so bright. Very nice.
MySharona~he's just too cute; between him and Prissy, never a dull moment, is there>
pepper~ I love the snowy tufts; looks great.
se_eds~ after scraping the snow off the bird feeder, ours is refilled and the chickadees are very happy we're home now.
Rusty~the moose are always fun to watch; so glad I can share with you/all. 10 pounds of fudge sounds great~~

Thumbnail by kiska
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Dyson dark, or the closest we get to it. BTW, if we have Dyson dark, should we also have Kiska cold?

Fudge... yum!!! Rusty, do you need a sister in CA? ;-)

Yesterday when I went to the store, I got some liver. I was surprised at how inexpensive it was ($1.99/lb.). I had never made it before and I never watched anyone else make it, so I had to use the cookbook. It was easy. I found that if I cut it into strips and cooked it rare (outside browned, inside still red), it didn't taste liver-y. However, some people might not like the consistancy. It was kind of jello-ish.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'd rather have Dyson dark than Kiska cold! LOL

Rusty, yummm... Would you like another sister in Texas??

Kelli, I'll pass on the jello-ish liver. Ewwww....

The moose photos are a joy, Kiska. :-) We're glad you're home. ^_^

Robyn's doing a fantastic job, Ric!!

Thanks for the moon and planet photos, Celia. :-)

We actually had frost (very light) on the cars this morning! It was in the 60s this afternoon, though. It's going to warm up a bit more tomorrow.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 9:53pm CST (32 min ago)
Temperature 61 °F 16 °C
Dew Point 55 °F 13 °C
Humidity 81%
Pressure 30.09 in 1019 mb
Wind Speed 10 MPH 9 kts
Wind Dir SSE 160°
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Clear
Remarks Lightning detector not working.
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53pm CST : 63.0°F / 17.2°C

Rest of tonight Partly cloudy. Warmer. Lows in the upper 50s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.
Wednesday Partly cloudy. A slight chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. South winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent in the afternoon.

(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

It's dark, windy and cold this morning ...can't really tell if it's cloudy without going outside ... 32°F.

Great photos everyone!

Sharon - Silvester looks exhausted - poor guy! :-) lol Your Rudolph car is so funny :-) lol

Kelli - nice poinsettia :-) I managed to keep mine alive from last Christmas but it's not showing any signs of blooms now ...

Kiska - love the moose photos - and your view is so fantastic :-)

Have a great day!

Rann

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Celia – Mine came out similar. Mr. Wester is the King of the cul-de-sac. He monitors the squirrel, bird, butterfly, Isaboo and Callie activity.
Ric – I love the color of the closet! Robyn did good!
Se_eds – Glad you are feeling better! I’d love to see some pictures from your area.
Rusty – I’m sure it’s nice to have your son home regardless of the reason. 10lbs of fudge? I’d be in fudge heaven. Need a sister in Florida? LOL!
Kiska – With 4 pets it’s never dull LOL! Great Moose pics!
Kelli – Very brave of you! I really should incorporate liver in our diet too.
Rann – Don’t water your poinsettia for a while, the blooms will come.

38.1 °F / 3.4 °C
Clear
Windchill: 38 °F / 3 °C
Humidity: 71%
Dew Point: 30 °F / -1 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.36 in / 1028.0 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers

Freeze warning in effect until 8 am EST this morning...

Today
Mostly sunny. High 58. East winds 5 mph.

We're supposed to have frost this morning. I ran outside to check, but nothing yet. It's {{cold}} outside LOL!

Tadaaaa! We have frost LOL! Not the best picture, but there it is...

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 7a)

Wow, cool stuff to see today! All the pics are great.

38°F with 49º for the high. No rain yesterday. Supposed to snow today and tomorrow. Yeah, right. When I see it...
Feels like: 34°F

Barometer: 30.2 in ↑
Dewpoint: 27°
Humidity: 64%
Visibility: 10 miles
Precip in last hr: 0 in
Precip last 24 hrs: 0.01 in
Wind: 5 mph NNE
Sunrise: 7:35 AM
Sunset: 5:00 PM
UV Index: 1 Low

This morning.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 3b)

20°F Dyson Dark for a few more hours this morning;
A chance of snow or freezing rain in the afternoon.
Highs in the 20s. Northeast wind 10 to 20 mph with local gusts to 30 mph.
The jump from Zero to 20 overnight is a huge increase; generally the temp varies by only a few degrees day in and day out.
MarylynT_X~ I, too, love seeing the moose and so glad to have DG on which to share; thanks. Frosty in Texas and Florida; do the bunnies enjoy the change?
rann~sounds like a good day to be indoors with a good book. Thanks, too.
MySharona~ the light from the window looks beautiful with the frosty roof. Very pretty.
kelli~"jello-like" is a bit of a turnoff, but you've given me the nudge to try liver again. Maybe deep-fried:)) "Kiska cold" hmmmm, need to think about that::))
kwanjin~the cloud formations are gorgeous. Did they bring the snow? At 38°, it's getting close isn't it?

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 7a)

No precip yet. I hand watered a couple of new things in the yard just in case nothing happens.

This was yesterday. Nothing happened here.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

The bunnies don't notice much except for wearing jackets when we go out in the morning. The frost was very thin and melted quickly. We didn't even have to scrape the car windows.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Gloomy, windy, and the temp is between 30 and 40. My dad did something with the thing so I can't check the temp.

My lazy and very spoiled Christmas cat, Whiskers. He loves sleeping under the tree.

Thumbnail by pepper23

Celia - Nice clouds! I hope you get that snow!
Kiska – Thanks:) I’m thinking deep-fried liver too. Beautiful picture.
Marylyn – No car window scraping here either, that was all West of I-95.
Pepper – Whiskers was tired from doing all of his kitty chores too. Very busy kitties – they know Santy Paws is coming :)

58.6 °F / 14.8 °C
Clear
Humidity: 37%
Dew Point: 32 °F / 0 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 7.5 mph / 12.1 km/h
Pressure: 30.39 in / 1029.0 hPa (Falling)
UV: 6 out of 16

I took this just one before I left for work

Thumbnail by MySharona
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Frost eh Sharon!
Man that is early for you guys to get any!

It's 44º going for 49º ..... which is just a bit above normal.
Not much wind either which is strange for that drastic a temp rise.
Nearly 20º colder projected as a high Friday.....

Ric

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Sharon, I love your pics with Sylvester and the woodpecker, so cute! I hope Jeff feels better soon!
Kiska, great snow pics! Love the moose...they are begining to be like domestic animals !
Celia, great shot of the moon and Venus and Jupiter ! Last night I actually saw them too, but my camera doesn't get too good pics at night...they were so cool, I never would have known they were those planets if you haven't told us, thanks! Beautiful morning sky !
Ric and Robyn, nice job, it's great to see it done, step by step!
Pepper, great shots of the snowy cone flowers and Whiskers! Can we see the tree too? How is your mom?
Rusty, you already have many sisters here...need one more in Romania?LOL Still, I need to google the fudge to see what is it!LOL Poor step son, 2 times cheated !
Cumulus, cool pics, welcome ! You are funny!
Kelli, love those poinsettias! I'm glad you ate liver...did you fried it in oil? Did you have pork or beef liver? I cut it in slices, thick as the thumb and fry it in a bit of oil, on a slow fire, for 5 minutes on one side. Then, turn the slices and pour a bit of water and leave it for another 5 minutes. Remember, you mustn't put salt when cooking, only at the end, when it's done, otherwise it turns too hard. I also love the chicken livers, same cooking, without water, in a pad. Liver is delicious on grill , you should try it too! In Romania, whenever someone has anemia, they are recommended to eat grilled liver or beefsteak.
Se_eds, better take pics than blowing snow!
Rann, it's pretty cold at your place!
It's been foggy and wet arround here, just yesterday the sun came out. They are forecasting big warming up until Saturday, 64 from 51 today....hmmmm, looks like spring coming !LOL
This is how it looked like yesterday morning...Buck was running here and there , up on the fence to see the other doggies!LOL

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Sharon, hey, this just isn't fair...frost in Florida and warm in Romania!
Rusty, now I know what fudge is, yummy...I definately want to be a sister!LOL You have to give us the recipe...at least!
This is the new sheet set I received as a gift from my friends who came over a few weeks ago...finally it suites to our bed !

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Your new sheet set is very fun, Adina!!

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Okay, 5 peoples want my recipe! Here's in Dave's forum Recipes:

Remarkable Fudges:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/563757/

Put unsalted butter only in pan heat it up and cover all the inside pan that won't sticky when you cook sugar come last... Keep stiring until temp up to 236* then pour with chocolate chips, marshmallow creme only... Keep stir don't want to get cold again keep quick stirring then put clear wrap around the pan not need to be greased cause it has unsalted butter in it will help easy to take out and pack it up box then send it...

Have a good day!

(Zone 7a)

Hey, thanks, Rusty! I wanted it, too. One can never have too much fudge.

Ok, my temps earlier were totally off. It's not even 30* outside according to the news. We won't reach it either.

There are currently flurries outside but it's a very narrow system and it won't last long. It won't accumulate nearly as much as the last one. The wind is gusting like crazy too. I think I will just stay in and finish off the homemade peanut clusters. LOL

Adina, my mom is doing a bit better but it's still lingering.

I will get pics of the tree for you guys. Whiskers isn't under it right now. He's on a Christmas rug that he's also claimed as his. LOL

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Woo, I've been away much too long to try and comment on everything.

Celia: I'm so sorry I missed your birthday so here goes: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!
Also, I'm very sorry to hear about your Uncle's death. You and your family have certainly had a lot of sorrow this year! (((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Ric: you've certainly been busy. Anticipating photos of the finished product.
Rusty: you've been busy, too--very colorful paint choices! :o)) Your dog, Rusty, is very handsome.
Adina: the puppies are adorable.
Rann: sorry the fibromyalgia is giving you troubles--hope you are better now.
Sharon: lovely table--we'll be eagerly awaiting its arrival right along with you!
Kiska, welcome back. Glad you had a good time in Hawaii. That is some Christmas tree--not to mention that HUGE package! LOL Cute photo of the moose, too.
Thank you everyone, for the hugs and "feel better" wishes. I really appreciate all the loving support I have had from my DG friends. I had a restful few days at my daughter's house but I had to come home to reality sooner or later. Now I'm home and there are legalities, etc., to be taken care of--just part of dealing with death, unfortunately. However, I'll get through it as so many have done before me.

No snow here, thank goodness and NO LIVER or anything similar to eat, either! LOL

It's been overcast all day which makes it seem colder than the current temp of 56º. Some sunshine would be nice.

My Thanksgiving cactus bloomed right on schedule:

Thumbnail by marsue

Here is our tree.

Thumbnail by pepper23

Our tree is decorated in birds. We have balls with birds painted on them and we have birds like this one that I got at a good discount last year at my old job.

Thumbnail by pepper23

Sharon, we get frost like that, too, though usually not at this time of year. You can tell who has poor insulation in the attic because there is no frost on their roofs except on the overhang and garage. (I think this house has more insulation in the attic than my parents' house in PA does.)

Adina, the design on your sheets remind me of textiles that popular in the U.S. in the 1910s and '20s. http://www.annwallace.com/catalog/PrairieTextilesRunners.html

Nice cactus, Marsue.

Great Christmas tree, Pepper. Mine is up but not decorated yet.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 12:51 PM PST on December 03, 2008
69 °F / 21 °C
Haze
Humidity: 45%
Dew Point: 47 °F / 8 °C
Wind: 4 mph / 6 km/h / 1.5 m/s Variable
Pressure: 30.04 in / 1017 hPa (Falling)
Visibility: 4.0 miles / 6.4 kilometers
UV: 3 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

We had a little bit of excitement here today, if you can call it that. The power company came to replace the tranformer, which is on the pole in our back yard. Here's some of their stuff in the yard.

Thumbnail by Kelli

three guys up on the pole

Thumbnail by Kelli

an armada of trucks

Thumbnail by Kelli

I just liked the colors and textures here.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Nice tree, pepper! I like the red bird ornament--very pretty!
Kelli: looks like a convention of power company trucks--LOL. The guys actually look like they are in the tree! Pretty colors and textures in that last photo.

Adina – Cute picture of Buck. The sheets are so cute! I really like them!
Rusty – Thank you - sounds delicious! I agree with Celia – no such thing as too much fudge!
Marsue – So glad you are back! We’ve missed you. Lean on us if you need, we’re here for you.
Pepper – Love your ornaments – very pretty!
Kelli – Thanks for the link – the embroidery is beautiful. Reminds me of a joke...How many men does it take to change a light bulb…I mean transformer LOL! Just kidding! I like the colors and textures too.

49.5 °F / 9.7 °C
Clear
Windchill: 50 °F / 10 °C
Humidity: 63%
Dew Point: 37 °F / 3 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 30.33 in / 1027.0 hPa (Rising)

Tonight
Mostly clear. Patchy fog after midnight. Low 38. East winds 5 mph.

It's a tough job being WonderDog!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

It's a Dog Day! LOL!
Wonderful looking pups!

Kelli all those pines and the one honking big palm...LOL!
Only in CA!
Love the Armada! 5 trucks, 15 workmen, one truck and 2 workers actually working!
Sounds like here!

MId 40's and sunny till about 2PM.
Then the drizzle set in which should turn to snow tomorrow.

Ric

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

It is Dyson dark here at 8:42 pm but not Kiska Kold. Temp was 17 deg on the front porch this AM but warmed up when the sun came up. Got to about 42, gentle winds, sunshine from time to time. Not bad for Dec.3. I do have to fire up my camera ( charge the batteries) LOL.

Things are winding down for the winter. We sorta hibernate here in Pa. ( at least us older ones do). Deer rifle season started Monday and shots are heard early in the mornings. From what I have heard at the local Moose club, a lot were lucky this year. People in this area are very conservative and will carefully clean and package up their venison. We also have a program where hunters can share their harvest with local food banks. The local deer butcher shops often are gifted with a whole carcass as the hunter only wanted the head. At least this way that high protein venison is used by families who have a hard time including meat in their grocery cart, instead of being left to rot in the forest.

I have hunted and processed deer myself for a lot of years and have a very hard time with 'trophy' hunters, and those who kill for the sport and waste the meat. Too many hungry people out there to waste nature's bounty. (Must be my old age showing up again).

Supposed to get cold here soon and some snow Thursday. Hope the guy comes to fix the garage door. Press the button and both doors go up. Press it again and both doors go down. I have the instructions to fix it and a toll free number to get step by step instructions on which screw to turn to fix it. However, I am no good on ladders with a screwdriver and neither is my 82 yr. old husb. I'll pay the price to get it fixed and save a broken hip. LOLOL

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

This location at Grove, OK :

Grove, Oklahoma (Airport)
Updated: 9 min 40 sec ago
28 °F / -2 °C
Clear
Windchill: 21 °F / -6 °C
Humidity: 74%
Dew Point: 21 °F / -6 °C
Wind: 7 mph / 11 km/h / 3.1 m/s from the North
Pressure: 30.33 in / 1027 hPa (Rising)
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

It seem not sleet here yet... Werid weather around here...

So, chilly 25* here....

Se_eds - If we were up there I'd send Jeff over to six the garage doors for you :) I agree about "trophy hunters".
Rusty - That is chilly!

46.4 °F / 8.0 °C
Scattered Clouds
Windchill: 46 °F / 8 °C
Humidity: 79%
Dew Point: 40 °F / 5 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 30.27 in / 1024.9 hPa (Rising)

Today
Partly cloudy. High 67. Southeast winds 5 mph.

Going to cool off again after today. I'm getting the "galloping crud" again. It's making it's 2nd round here. Started sneezing again yesterday - grrrrrrr...

Sunset last night

Thumbnail by MySharona
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good morning, everyone!!

Sharon, I'm sorry you're getting sick again. :-( I hope you feel better soon!

I'm glad you're getting someone to help you, se_eds. :-) I agree about the wasted venison/general selfishness, too.

Thanks for the fudge recipe, Rusty! Yumm...

Pepper, your tree is beautiful!

Marilyn, your Thanksgiving cactus is beautiful, too. :-)

We had another chilly front move through last night. Yesterday it was 76°, today the high is going to be in the mid 50s. It will be down in the 30s tonight. I suspect the caladiums will all have wilted in protest by morning. They have been slowing shriveling as it gets cooler.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 7:53am CST (13 min ago)
Temperature 44 °F 7 °C
Dew Point 32 °F 0 °C
Humidity 62%
Pressure 30.29 in 1025.8 mb
Wind Speed 13 MPH 11 kts
Wind Dir N 360°
Ceiling 2300 ft 701 m
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Cloudy
6 hour min temperature ending 5:53am CST : 43.0°F / 6.1°C

Jasper Co., MO(Zone 6b)

Joplin, Missouri (Airport)
Updated: 23 min 25 sec ago
27 °F / -3 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Windchill: 23 °F / -5 °C
Humidity: 69%
Dew Point: 18 °F / -8 °C
Wind: 4 mph / 6 km/h / 1.5 m/s Variable
Pressure: 30.54 in / 1034 hPa (Rising)
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 12000 ft / 3657 m
(Above Ground Level)

Still chillly! Make fudges today later on afternoon after my son goes work...

(Zone 7a)

37°F with 45º as the high. It snowed this morning! For 2 seconds.
Feels like: 35°F

Barometer: 30.2 in ↑
Dewpoint: 32°
Humidity: 80%
Visibility: 10 miles
Precip in last hr: 0.01 in
Precip last 24 hrs: 0 in
Wind: 3 mph NNW
Sunrise: 7:36 AM
Sunset: 5:00 PM
UV Index: 1 Low

Thumbnail by kwanjin

That's a good pic Celia! LOL. I almost didn't see her til I saw the eyes.

It's cold and sunny here. I still can't find my weather thingie so I have no clue on the temps. Cold, cold and cold. Probably colder than yesterday. Wind's not as strong either.

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Sharon: sorry you aren't feeling well again--take some Vit. C and/or echinachea--that's supposed to ward off the chills, etc.
Celia: cats love boxes and paper--LOL
Se-eds: sorry about the garage doors but you are correct--it's best to pay somebody to repair them rather than find yourself falling off a ladder!

I had myself a good cry this morning while going through Buddy's clothes. I'm not telling you this to make you feel sorry for me--it's just a necessary part of the grieving process and I feel somewhat better now. I'm donating his clothing to a nearby food pantry/clothes closet as I am sure there are men who can use them and the clothes aren't doing anyone any good hanging in my closet!

Currently 37º and Sunny
Today High 44°F
Precip 0%
Wind: NNE 13 mph
Max. Humidity: 43%
UV Index: 3 Moderate
Sunrise: 7:01 AM CT
Avg. High: 55°F
Record High: 73°F (2001)
Partly Cloudy Overnight
Low 27°F
Precip 0%
Wind: NNE 9 mph
Max. Humidity: 59%
Sunset: 4:56 PM CT
Avg. Low: 33°F
Record Low: 18°F (2000)

I noticed on the news this morning that the New Madrid Fault in SW MO and NE AR has been somewhat active with several quakes in the 2.6 range recently. Also, there have been some small quakes in the center of our state in an area previously unknown to be on a faultline.------interesting, huh?

(((((((Marilyn))))))) I can't say that I know how you feel, but I know it would be agony if my DH was gone.

Sharon, have you ever tried Airborne. I find that even when it doesn't prevent a cold, it makes it less severe.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 11:51 AM PST on December 04, 2008
64 °F / 18 °C
Haze
Humidity: 52%
Dew Point: 46 °F / 8 °C
Wind: 4 mph / 6 km/h / 1.5 m/s from the East
Pressure: 29.98 in / 1015 hPa (Falling)
Visibility: 4.0 miles / 6.4 kilometers
UV: 3 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 18000 ft / 5486 m
(Above Ground Level)

This is the tablecloth that I made for my mom. I think this is the first time I embroidered something since I was in high school.

Thumbnail by Kelli

some of the more elaborate sections

Thumbnail by Kelli

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.