Chicken beauty pageant!

sydney, Australia

I just thought it would be a cool idea to show off pictures of our beautiful birds.
Sure hope you like mine!
Thanks
Chickengrl
Ps this is Queeny

Thumbnail by chickengrl
Lodi, United States

How lovely! Her hackle feathers are like a lace collar.

Newton, AL

she's really pretty! This is Rhoda, one of my old girls. I had her when I lived in the burbs in my back yard.

Thumbnail by InnBetween
Newton, AL

and here are some of the gang! couldn't leave them out, they are beautiful also.

Thumbnail by InnBetween
Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Queeny is beautiful!!!

Rhoda looks like such a sweetheart.. I love that look.

InnBetween.. your group is fantastic! Is that a lil black rumpless I see? LOVE IT

Lodi, United States

Molly--Bride of Beau.

Thumbnail by Catscan
Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Admittedly, I'm biased.. but Molly DOES belong on the runway.. (the one leading to my house!)

aaaaaaah ha ha

Newton, AL

she's a black americana, she has tail feathers.

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

The 2 to the left of Rhoda, are they also Americana?

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Queeny is gorgeous, and she looks like she knows it too!

InnBetween - love your light colored hen in the middle - your group of hens looks suspiciously like my group of hens! (p.s. did you get either my re-sent dmail or the email I sent you about the hats?)

I'll have to take some glamour shots soon. In the meantime, here's my favorite hen, Rosie.

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Lodi, United States

I love your Ameraucana, InnBetween! Do you find they are a bit larger than other standard breeds?

Rosie, of course, sets the standard for tasteful, classic chicken elegance.

Chickengrl--what kind of chicken is Queeny? I've never seen quite those subtle hackle markings before.

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

Here are some of my ladies!!

Thumbnail by Moodene

mmm...walk the walk..lol

Thumbnail by Moodene

hey..not another pic of me..I have been taking pics of my birds lately..lol..

Thumbnail by Moodene

another one of my ladies..

Thumbnail by Moodene

another one...
I have 2 lady Orps but they are on a nest right now..will get an egg from them and later take a pic of them outside forging..

Thumbnail by Moodene

I think roos are pretty too..I only have 2 right now..
This is a Black Orp roo...

Thumbnail by Moodene

Blue Orp roo..he lost an eye to another roo which is no longer here..but he is doing great!..Eye is healing well and the swelling is going down..he is a sweetie...It was the left eye he lost..wonder if they make fake eyes for chickens..LOL...

Thumbnail by Moodene
Lodi, United States

I wondered what Blue Orpingtons looked like. He is stunning. Maybe you can get him a rakish black eyepatch?

LOL..not a bad idea!!..mmm.maybe a pirate hat with a peacock feather to go with it???...LOL...

Newton, AL

the one right beside Rhoda is Spice, an americana. the other girl is a Welsummer

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

A chicken with it's own parrot! Too funny! I love the blue girl!

Spice is super. She's a lovely lady!

I've never heard of a Welsummer!

They are all becoming so...unique

Lodi, United States

I have a Welsummer named Louisa--she is a very big bird and lays very dark eggs.

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

CuuuUUUuuuuUUUuuute! I just love all the gorgeous pictures!

I think I'm going to have to get a Black Americauna -- she's just gorgeous!

Here are my girls (and DH) ...

PS. They don't typically hang out in the house. They were getting a bedtime story ready, per my 5 year old's request [see other thread - ha!]

This message was edited Nov 29, 2008 7:14 PM

Thumbnail by Lazy_Ladies

InnBetween - What kind is the one in the back corner? The reddish one with darker tips in the rear?

I drive through a town near here called Between sometimes. Every time I do I can't help but say "I'm in Between!"
Ahem. Just had to share that.

Moodene - the 4th hen down is pretty - almost yellowish?

LL, Your DH is cute!

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

{{{{{{Giggling at Jenks and the "I'm in Between"}}}}}

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Ha! Thanks - I'll tell him.

That hen is a cross between blue egg Americana roo with a golden lace cochin hen..lol

Also to say the 2nd pic is her sister...same blue egg americana roo but with a silver lace cochin hen...lol
I like their black markings around their faces..lol...

This message was edited Nov 30, 2008 8:04 PM

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

A small selection of my chickens in the snow today - nobody's gonna win a beauty pageant but I love them all just the same!

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz

O look at all the color in what would've just been dreary white snow! ;) They are all beautious!

Moodene - I like that black for contrast there too. Interesting!!!

Woo, I have much to do and read.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I liked this shot I took today - I cut off the front of Chanteur as he was running, but it gives the action feeling to the shot so it seems OK. One of his partridge girls right behind him!

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

One more snow shot!

Thumbnail by DrDoolotz
(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

And I am worried about mine in the cold wind, if yours can take the snow I guess mine can take the cold wind.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

They are all fine - and it was windy here also. They spent a lot more time in the coop today, but still rummaged around in the yard and enjoyed their usual antics outside. I would not be worried in zone 7a....

Clarkson, KY

Give 'em a decent windbreak, Ti -those OK winds can kill really easily -maybe a $10 roll of plastic from a local hardware store or something around the perimeter?

Yea Ok winds can be brutal. They have a north break.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Oh my, I didn't know about the OK winds. I was just thinking zone-wise that it wouldn't get as cold. Definitely they need a windbreak, but you have a coop, right? So they can hang out in there when it's windy...can't they? That is where mine hang out when it is windy, cold, rainy, etc.

lol yea it was up to about 25-30 mph winds yesterday with sleet and rain and being about 40 degrees can make it a bit chilly.

Oh yea they have a coop but they insist on being in the wind. Looks funny when the wind gusts and carries a bird that is sleeping a few feet. Scares them. They look around like, wait how did I get here. Who did that.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

We have the same winds here but it's 23 right now...maybe that's why they go into the coop.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.