Tilly's Little Acre

Burwash Weald, United Kingdom(Zone 9b)

Can I offer you this one? It turned up on another thread - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-9X3-YDthFI&eurl=http://www.humorhaus.com/hh952.htm Takes a little patience to get going, but worth it.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Oh, it's wonderful!!!

Eugene, OR

Thank you Laurie1...fantastic!

I'm so glad you enjoyed that - I thought it was darling - and clever! Boggles the mind.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Love it, To cute. Thanks Laurie

I thought that one would appeal to you Tills - even without any animals about.

Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

I finally got around to watching it (and thanks also, Kathy, for sending it to me via regular e-mail!). That is so adorable - made me chuckle out loud and smile big time!

I had the same reaction, Murmur - I really 'chuckled'.

Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

That was lots of fun. my family came crowding around the computer to have a look.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Just wanted to be sure you saw it, Carole!!

Any new puppy stories to regale us with?

Spike and I are the best of buddies, as you can imagine - nothing overly silly to tell, but he does make me laugh all the time. He's learning to "fetch," but much prefers "keep away!" I think he's up to about 7 pounds which is the size of his largest parent (and he's only 3 months old!).

Hope everyone is safely tucked in at home, with plenty of food, a way of heating, and someone (at least some fur babies) to love.

Thumbnail by Murmur
Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

What a sweetheart, looking up at you with such love!

My dog just stares at you if you throw a stick for him to fetch, but he sure can 'herd' a soccer ball. That is his favorite game.

Eugene, OR

murmur, thank you for posting. He is so adorable!

Stay safe and warm everyone! This awful weather will end eventually.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

OOOO Carol, so happy for you.
Can't look, cause I will want one. Nooooooooo I have to many. Somebody slap me >>>>>>>>> to cute. LOL

It is snowing really bad here.

It's barely snowing here now and so far . . . . SO FAR . . . little or no wind. However, the night is yet young.

Mary, Spike is so much work it just astounds me! I hadn't had a puppy this young since I was pregnant with my second child (she is going on 42 years of age!) so had truly forgotten what it's like. With the weather like this, taking him outside all the time is a real ordeal . . . hiking boots, big coat, gloves, Spike's leash . . . then he wants right back in because it's cold . . . have to take him away from the house and struggle to get him to "go" - and how in the world can a six or seven pound puppy be so strong???!!!

LOL - I wouldn't trade one minute with him, not one minute.

Hope everyone is safe - wish we would hear from Steve that his wife is okay.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I know how the puppy thing goes, Tyler just turn 2. And still alot of work, a hard head, but real smart. If I ask for a certin toy, he will find it.
But you needed this, a bonding buddie. So Happy for you.

I do hope she is alright.

Still snowing hard here. I my not make it to work in AM if this keeps up.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Eugene, OR

Staying home sounds like a good idea to me.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I am staying!!! Not going out in this, don't care what boss wants. I know more than him. I'm older and not stupid. Young yaho, who lives 5 min. from the store and takes me almost 2 hours to get there. BITE ME
not going to happen.
Still coming down hard.
I hope nobody is out in this?
Stay safe and warm.
96 all over again, a layer of snow that turns to ice, then more snow to ad to the weight.
You All that are haveing this, watch your outbuildings, and your livestock areas. been there.
Be safe
hugs

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Maybe 96, but a lot more snow, don't you think, Mary? Or maybe it's just where I live. But this is a lot of snow for a maritime location . . .

Carole, Spike is just the picture of cuteness. You might "trade" him a little tiny piece of cheese each time he brings the toy back. I know that doesn't always work because they just stop playing keep away. I used to crouch and walk to the frisbee in the park, saying, "I'm going to get your bunny" to teach Nicke to retrieve the frisbee. Sighthounds don't have a retrieving bone in their bodies.

He did learn to become a frisbee dog, but about 50 percent of the time, he'd make the big catch and then run off to sniff something and drop the frisbee. I had to go get it. But it was fun for both of us.

Can't wait to see tomorrow's photos.

Let me think - terrier's and retrieve. No, terrier's and keep and kill. Yes. Our terrier is 11, and his idea of retrieve is chase it, kill it, leave it, you get it if you want it, its dead. He just looks at us as if we are slow "you got a terrier, not a retriever. Live with it". It is like a straight line walk - terrier's do not go out and come back on the same line. "Why would we do that? We've sniffed it!" Terrier's need circular walk, a lot of fast forward, short bursts of going backward, and then very fast forward over covered ground, stop, pee, forward". Terrier logic. Sorry, Carole, the rules are indelible. Terrier. Wouldn't be without one.

Weather sounds awful, really awful. Hope all of you have your tree so you can spend the day indoors trimming them. Lots of popcorn strings. Pix, are you doing the grotto again? That too was wonderland! Go on, show us another picture. We can all start singing...."have yourself a merry little christmas....."

Laurie, Spike takes the exact same route to/from the house - but I think it has something to do with the snow (not so deep if we take the same path)!!! And today he is doing pretty good at bringing the toy to me - I give him a kibble . . . it works most of the time and occasionally he even forgets about the kibble!

Here's the little darling sort of sitting on my legs - he sure does like it when I sit on the floor with him . . . so guess where I'm sitting most of the time these days.

Thumbnail by Murmur
Vashon, WA(Zone 8b)

Here's another fun youtube that my son showed me.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=szLmAPW39uE

Holy cow. Amazing!

Eugene, OR

WOW!!!

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Carole - Costco makes great dog beds for under $20. They don't always have the good ones there, but did when I was there on Friday. They are big enough that you can get comfortable on them, too.

Carole - I am sure it is your magic that gets that little terrier retrieving and returning. Or, hmmmm, my lack of magic that keeps mine not? Not good.

Laurie, we'll see what Spike is like as he gets older . . . when he realizes his "treat" is just a plain old dog food kibble, he may decide this retrieving stuff is for OTHER doggies!!! Today he managed to get an ornament off the tree (he is growing like I did not expect for a Yorkie!) and was not about to give it to me. And it's one that can't be replaced - a lovely lace snowflake that my sister-in-law's late mother gave me many many years ago (probably at least 35 years ago). I finally got it by giving him something else he's not supposed to have!!! Sheesh. Now I have to move all the lower ornaments up further - thought I was safe for this year. NOT!!!!!

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Just like children . . . I don't even want to think about how many books, cds, tapes, glasses, shoes, bags I've lost over the years. Just when I think they're past that stage . . .

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I love that look on his face in the last photo. Like he is letting you know 'He Loves You'

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

A little winter frame, from the top of the drive, looking down. Remember the pot on the side of the drive, this was taken yesterday, as I was standing on the road looking down.

Thumbnail by tillysrat

Murmur - the hardest part is its so cute that they have got it!!! Saying 'bad dog, leave' with a grin on your face just does not work. They work out real quick "grin means goooooooooood dog"

Tills, your place looks like a fairyland!! So beautiful in the snow!

Wow, love that Trans-Siberian Orchestra! I always love their music. But I must say I'm glad I don't live near that house! I would never get any sleep! Very cool, though. Makes me want to download some of their music.

Carole, who could possibly resist that face????

Laurie, check out my 'tour' thread for a photo of the Christmas grotto. Oh what the heck. Here's another one.

Thumbnail by

Hurrah! Its on two threads now - Happy Christmas everyone, its roast goose day tomorrow, I'm so excited! Hurrah.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Thank you pix's for the Grotto pic, Love it
I did not get to do my lights this year. So Bumed.
Coke bottle

"MERRY CHRISTMAS"
To All

This message was edited Dec 24, 2008 3:46 PM

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Bale, came to visit today. He is getting bigger. and full of vinegar.

Today he meets Tilly, face to face, was funny. Could not get a pic fast enough to catch the strikes she made to show him whos boss. Have not downloaded Bros camera yet. maybe he got some good ones.

Thumbnail by tillysrat
Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Fight for Tylers bed.

Thumbnail by tillysrat

May I be the first to say Happy Christmas!

Eugene, OR

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Carnation, WA(Zone 7b)

Happy Holidays. Hope everyone is home safe and warm.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.