CLOSED: Fall Frenzy Piggy Swap #7

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Thanks chele for the thought I'm sure these will be alright, I don't like that chaf at all I'm just going to plant chaf and all, how in the world do the seed companies clean all that! lol

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Neal, I hate chaf on some of these seeds lol I'm sure they will germinate anyway! lol On those Tassel Flowers I'll probably wait until the end of spring then just do them in a jug cause they have so much chaf in them :)

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

How does Yarrow do in part sun/shade? this would be for zone4b.

and sure, Lea ... I can find some nice spots for all the Yarrow. I love the ferny foliage.

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

tcs, I have it growing everywhere but I had some fernleaf yarrow in mostly shade and it didn't make it but in fairness to the yarrow I think my tansy took it over :)

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

Tuink the mini pumpkins are called ''baby boo''

's-Gravenhage, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

Gus,

I'd love to get all the excess seeds of those (Baby boo's) that you want to get rid of!

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

Will fill the requests here and send you the rest.
Do you want a large pack of the ''sweet dumpling '' squash also?

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

I also have 2 packs of white cucumber to offer. very mild with a very tender skin.I eat most of them while working the garden.

Thumbnail by gardengus

Garden Gus, Yes please!

I grew white cucumbers myself this year, the first year I succeeded in growing cukes! It's 'long white bush'. Which one is yours?
I also have an unknown variety from Turkey and some ornamental ones....

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

Gardengus can I have just enough Baby Boos for a hill? I'm space-limited but would enjoy growing just a few for autumn decorations.

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

Got you covered ^_^ Lala

Tuink- The cucumbers are not bush type they are vine. Still want some?

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

Just collected some seeds from this ( Caryoptris) bluebeard. THe butterfly's like it , it is a bush that blooms late in the year. 4 trades

Thumbnail by gardengus
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh and oink! Gardengus, I'd love to try your white cukes if you have enough seeds left.

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

You got some

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

gus -- i'd love some of the blue butterfly plant... very pretty !!

terese

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

HEY EVERYBODY Elbowing everybody aroudn the trough... Make way for another new piggy.

I would liek to introduce you all to another new piggy joining us. This is another storm victim. Welcome AJNTEXAS.

Glad to have ya AJ and have fun oinking your way through. Glad you decided to join on in. The more the merrier!

AJ when ya get a chance please post your wants your looking for and start askign from the seed list threads or if ya see stuff being offered up on here too.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

**Wavin** Howdy AJ,

if Star hadn't pointed out the HAVES lists... go here to see what we all have to offer
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/923393/

then you can either ask for them in this thread, or in DMail... so folks do both, just so the requests are not missed.

and Have Fun... there is so much being offered that something will grab your fancy.

Terese

Scottsburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Hey Gus - oinking like mad here - could I have some of both the caryopteris and the white cuke?
Thanks much!
Robin

BTW all my fellow piggies - I cross-posted with Terese, and her post reminded me to let you know that I'm not able to check the threads for requests - if you see anything you'd like from my list please dmail me. (My list is Post #5819510 on the Trade Thread.)

This message was edited Nov 25, 2008 4:58 PM

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

gardengus, I would love the (Caryoptris) bluebeard and the baby boo pumpkin seeds, 5 would be enough for me. And the white cukes since they are a vine! Oink, snort Oink!

Welcome AJ!! Start Oinking away at everyones lists. lol

LeBug, Big smiles here!!! Thanks so much for the 'Jack Flash' silene. Whaahooo!

Star, if you find the Magnus, thanks. :o)

toofew

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

Ok got all above covered
THe white cucumbers are now gone.
blue bush gone too

This message was edited Nov 25, 2008 5:25 PM

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

gardengus, I wanted to say I only need a few of the white cucumber too, just enough to be sure to get one plant.

Sparta, MO(Zone 6b)

HEY I would love some pepper seed Thanks Connie

Menifee, CA(Zone 9a)

Hey, I caught up with you all again! I finally got to hand feed the mama pig today. It was fun 'cause my brother and his family are visiting. It means that I haven't been able to respond to your dmails. Just haven't had time. I will make time in the next day or so. Just didn't want any one to think I was ignoring them.
Thanks for understanding.
WIB!
SW

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

oh -- how cool, hand feeding a piggy. they are so cute!! in a Pig sorta way.

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

Are we also inviting those from the Midwest areas that were flooded this summer too?? Just wondering as I thought it might be nice to do an invite...

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I thought that one gal... want2be was invited... i think she's in Iowa.
but i'd think yes.... as i thought we chatted about it. There were a lot of mid westerners that were also devastated by the remnants of those hurricanes.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Just a little inside info on the midwest/central people. The flooding, winds and and hail did a lot to our crops. I lost almost my whole garden of veges. I ended up with one tomato plant and a couple of pepper plants left. It seems the flowers did better than they did. Most of my flower beds were protected by the house, but the vege garden was out in the open and took a most of damage. It wiped out the lower half of my field the horses graze in and took most of the nuts off all my trees. I was one of the lucky ones, my basement flooded a little, no structural damage. Thank God. Our community has helped out everyone around that got worse than we did and some of the surrounding areas too. I'm very glad I can help out those that got worse than me. I think it would be nice to include the midwesteners in this swap. I can go through my seeds and add more to my list just to give extra for those in these areas too.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Welcome, AJ! Let me know what to mark you down for... and watch for more seeds added to my list next week. :-)

And yes, the swap is open to any who lost their garden to disaster this summer. See the top post on the thread...

"A special welcome to any whose gardens fell victim to storm, flood, or fire..."

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6b)

***To All you fellow oinkers!!!***

Unfortunately I am going to have to withdraw from the swap. I have a medical emergency...me. My Dr says I am ready to have a heart attack or stroke and is taking measures to prevent that happening. I have tests and other Dr's to see starting in the morning with 2 pints of blood being drawn and I won't be able to keep up with the swap.
I will be sending in all my seeds in the seeds by the weekend. Anyone who wants any from my lists please email me and I will try to get on the computer Friday morning.
I have really enjoyed all the posts and the friends I have made here. I WILL be back but not sure when. Gotta get "fixed" so I can do some wintersowing and spring planting.
Thank you all so much. Those of you that I have been corresponding with, I'll get back to emailing as soon as I can.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!
Cindy

North West, OH(Zone 5b)

Oh my goodness Cindy, please take care of yourself. I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say don't worry about the seeds right now, just do as your doctor tells you and we'll take care of the rest. As long as Star has your addy we'll make sure you get your wish list and when it's time for planting you'll be healthy and ready to go.

Oh Cindy, that's terrible! Will light a candle for you this evening!

Welcome AJ!

As my package will probably on its way for quite some time, I'll start to pack up this weekend so I can send them next week.

If you still have any requests from my list, this is your last chance!

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Please take care of yourself Cindy. I enjoyed chatting with you. Get Well!!!

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

Cindy, Take care of yourself! Have a Great Thanksgiving, but eat only heart healthy food ... good thing it's Turkey Day!

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Cindy, you're in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing you a speedy recovery and good as new for spring planting.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Fairy.... Yes, if you know of any storm victims that woudl like seeds, please invite them. I know Mo and Indiana , Ohio and states all the way from texas to the northern coast that had all differnt kinds of damage. I know I got two of the forums, Mid South and Texas, two I knew of that had folks that had damage. and think Critter caught a couple too, but sure don't hurt to ask again or others.

If you know of somebody who had any of the different types of damages and they too sky to join in or post, get me their name and mailing addy and sent it to me, or just have them send me a dmail with their info. Which ever way is more comfortable for them.

If anybody has wanna2bee's mailing addy I need it too.

Which reminds me, incase folks get to going off for holidays near the swap end, Everybody, Please dmail me your real name and real mailing address Wanna make sure I have them incase it gets smuged on boxes comign to me or is forgotten to be put your box.

We will have several that will get their seeds in early, if you do and still see somethign you want to oink about, feel free to do it.

We started early this year so that southern folks could get a chance to do winter sowing, well as much as what ya call winter here. LOL and we knew we would be doign this during two of the biggest holiday times and so people would do what they could, as they could. it just a relaxing time and a bit of fun.

Cindy, prayers are with you and hoping all willl go well. Been a real pleasure having you join us this year and we will see you our Cottage Swap Thread . : )

In a few I will be starting a new thread, and will be posting, so ya don't have to go back and find thread one, for those folks sending in early, the what for's and hows' to send your seeds in.

Wishing everybody a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!! : )

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Get along little piggies.. Get along.... ( trying to sing to mvoe along little doggies)

Here are at our new trough! Eat well everybody! : )

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/927636/

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

Do take care of yourself Cindy and take it easy. We want to see you back here!

Simpsonville, SC(Zone 7b)

Cindy, take care! I'll be thinking about you. At least the heart is something they know a whole lot about these days. You'll be better than ever for Spring planting season :)

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I know this thread is closed but wanted to add a *BIG HUG* and healing prayers for Cindy, in case she didn't watch the new thread.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.