CLOSED: Fall Frenzy Piggy Swap #7

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Sorry Critter no more of the macedonica pinks I only had one plant of those but I bet I’ll have oodles for next year. Thanks for the offer of some of yours but I think I’m satisfied with what I have :) I love how the blooms look like they have sugar sprinkled on them but those puppies spread like nobody’s business lol This one is a good one for me to plant in the field they’re very drought tolerant I had the melton pastels planted that’s where my pink came from, thought I had more than one plant out there, that one didn’t bloom much for this year. I pulled one up earlier this summer that I think is pink, it’s trying to bloom right now lol If it turns out to be pink for next year I’ll send it to you, I’m sure I’ll end up with plenty from the other one reseeding cause I only got two little trades from it most of the seeds fell before I could catch them, the cats are always in that bed and running thru the plants which doesn’t help lol I made a note of it :)

I have almost two acres and still I have some space that I went over into my neighbor’s yard lol I saw where chele was talking about wondering how many of us plant in other people’s yards lol I would love to plant all over my neighbor’s yard they have hardly any flowers, how can they do that, it’s beyond me :) But I have a few neighbors that don’t plant flowers just have those stupid shrubs and think their place looks beautiful! If I wasn't so busy going for the no grass thing on almost two acres I'd plant my neighbor's yard they have given me permission lol

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Hi all, sor ry I've been absent, I've got one heck o an ear infection that has me going craz y. Not seeing to good and my balance is off (alot) like I'm drunk. Is there anything important that I' ve missed? w hile I've been down, I we tn through some more of my seed s and will try toget them listed. I wil have my dau ghter type them out. Please I would like the Ike victims to hav e first shot at them.

Springfield, IL(Zone 5b)

Wow, that is one amazing mix of peppers..I only wish I had the room to try out the "mystery-mix"!
Sadly, there is only one spot in my yard that peppers seem to grow well, and that space is at a premium for the stuff I REALLY want..and even that barely fits.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

New addons are on my list. Please, Ple ase d mal me, It will be easire for me to get toit. Thanks for understanding.

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Starlight, I would love to be a pepper too, please! If you have enough, I would love to share some with my son who lives in Grand Junction Colorado. Can they be planted all together ?
Thanks

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

Aw man-I am looking real hard at my cart for PArk Seeds....please-talk me OUT OF IT!!!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Fairy -- you know you can get all the seeds you want ... HERE, for POSTAGE.... empty the cart and walk away!! walk away and don't look back.........

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Fairy. Yep, got ya for the Lithiansus.

Got all ya pepper folks and requests.

Gardengus.. ROLFL. Gona copy that and sent it to Mike. He'll get a kick out of that. if yoru son wants to talk peppers, dmail smokemaster, he can tell ya just about anything about the peppers.

Lynn. better dmail smokemaster, Mike and ask him about the planting part. I sure ya can, but he may have some tips and pointers for ya.

Singing Wolf... Do you happen to have any of the Ginseng left? If so , may I get some, please.

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

I am trying-I have some neat stuffies in it!!LOL

Flora, IN(Zone 5a)

like what maybe you can find it right here?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

LOL @ how everyone wants to "be a pepper too!"

LeBug, no worries on the pink Knautia macedonia... I'm sure I'll be able to find it elsewhere, or another year... it's not like I don't have lots of new lovelies coming from you already!

Scottsburg, IN(Zone 6a)

great googliewooglies! I've only made it through updating the Annuals spreadsheet - what in the WORLD am I doing with all these seeds? Fortunately the perennial list will be shorter - I have a feeling I'll be sending in more than I ask for back - LOL!

Browns Mills, NJ(Zone 6b)

Star..... That pepper list is quite impressive. Can you toss a mystery mix in my stash please? I am going to share these with my brothers who spice up everything! Thanks :-) Andrea

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Robin -- so far, i'm sending over 110 seed packs, and i think i've only asked for maybe 20. I honestly have not kept good track of that... I'll have to go thru the thread to see what i've asked for... because if i didnt want/need them, i would not have asked.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Updated my HAVES list, including the amounts on some seeds... including everyone's WANTS
if there was something you wanted, and you are not listed... Dmail me.

I may be able to add a few more, like those pretty "Black Current Whirl" Alcea Rosea HH's

I still have to sort thru that purchase to see how many seeds there are.

I'm assuming HH's have a pretty good germination rate ?? i think there are 50 seeds in the pack.

here's my list http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=5785206

Here's to dreaming of beautiful blooms for next season....

Thumbnail by tcs1366
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

and another one from the other direction....

Thumbnail by tcs1366
Browns Mills, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh thats beautiful!

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

yes it most certainly is!

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

So very pleasing to the eye tcs! I loved both the pictures.

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Critter, I think I have some seeds of the Pink Kanutia left from my sowing. Will fidn them and add them to your stuff.

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

tcs, are those pictures from your house, lookin good girl :) That's what I want my field to look like eventually!

I've been fighting a T&M catalog I think it's going to win lol It always does lol

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Terese, lovely pics! I love annuals growing wildly, as if Mother Nature had put them there. That's what I want my leach field to look like!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

WOW, Terese... dreaming with you!

Starlight, you are a gem. Don't dig too hard for the pink Knautia... I'd love to add them to my garden, but I will be OK without, too... trying not to be an overly greedy little piggy... OINK! (oops, sorry, was that out loud? LOL)

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

I have an odd request... Does anyone have any Crinum seeds? Ive never seen them traded and I have no idea if them come true but I sure love the few I do have and would like more!
Thanks!!
Caren

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

>>tcs, are those pictures from your house, lookin good girl :) That's what I want my field to look like eventually!

yes, this area is way behind my home. It's State property that i have been working on for about 5-6 yrs. If we hadn't been maintaining it, it all would be 5-6' cut leaf teasel, golden rod, queen anne's lace and other weeds.

I dont want to fill up this thread with pics and descriptions.... but i'll do it somewhere else and post a link.
the area has really come a long way.... and when i tell people everything back there was done by seed... they are amazed.

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Now those pictures are what this thread is all about 'sowing seeds' we get to see what you have done with yours and Neal tells me you won second place in the photo contest for landscaping and I can sure believe it! I saw that picture he sent me a link and it is beautiful, pat yourself on the back girl and get over here and help me with my field LOL

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Lea -- I would have LOVED to win second prize in the contest... but i did not submit anything... maybe next year.

so -- wasn't me.

I did i just locate the 2nd place in the Landscape Cat.... gorgeous photo!! but then they all were.

I do have a lot of images from the back field... maybe i'll post'em in the Cottage Garden thread.

Terese

Scottsburg, IN(Zone 6a)

Hey Terese - I know what you mean about sending more seeds than you're asking for...I'm hoping I get to send more than I've asked for too, to try to lighten up these seed boxes a bit :) I remember you posting pics with the first Piggy Swap of all the lovelies you have growing everywhere...gives me hope for those parts of my yard I've not had the time to tackle yet.

I finally got my Annuals listed, so everyone please feel free to take a look and let me know if there's anything there you want.

Star - please forgive me if this is listed elsewhere in the threads but I'm catching up and am afraid I've gotten ahead of my memory - if I send you some extra seeds will those go to the Storm folks?

's-Gravenhage, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

Everybody should have a small place in the garden (or somewhere else, of course) to throw all the excess seeds. Makes a love little flower meadow and insects will love you for it!

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Dryad. yep they will. : ) Just put on that baggy you want them for storm victims.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

well... this is the general area... it's a snipped from Google Earth aerial view of the field behind our homes.
My neighbors area... she really didnt start working until last year... 2007, but did a lot this year, expecting her's to look like mine... but i keep telling her, it's taken me 5 yrs to get where i am.... i do a lil bit every year ... weeding, getting rid of the grass and weeds, preparing the beds for the seeds.

she hired a landscaper to use a rototiller to turn it all over for her... tossed a lot of Marigolds and Zinnias ... and really didnt do any weeding... so the weeds really swallowed up the smaller plants.

in the image... "My" area is the south end, where her's is the north end, [smaller] area.

Thumbnail by tcs1366
Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

OH -- and that big blue mound... it's a tarp covering a huge dirt pile that we share.

this year we put a bed around that pile, so it pretty much hides it... that was where that Heavenly Blue MG was, with all the other flowers. It really looked pretty.. i had the Bronze Fennel there too. OH -- those were in the Cottage Garden thread.

here is more of my neighbors side of that 'dirt pile' which you can see on the edge of the photo... amongst all the zinnias, you can see the Celosia Wheatstraw peeking up.

Thumbnail by tcs1366
Scottsburg, IN(Zone 6a)

OK, it's clear from your pics that I simply didn't plant enough zinnias this past year! Sounds like your neighbor is definitely in the "learning curve" - tilling and tossing seeds doesn't make a garden - but it sure can teach you patience! Unfortunately she may discover why us gardeners are in better shape than most of our neighbors - all those deep knee bends and squats - not to mention the upper body workout with digging, weeding and such - LOL

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Lea, I see how I mislead you. I skip around..Terese's pics reminded me of that 2nd place photo. Each pic has the member's name above it who sent it in. That garden looks like my idea of Heaven:

http://davesgarden.com/contest/2008/winners.php?catid=298

Are any of you familiar with the flower in the 4rth runner up position in the Annuals catagory?

http://davesgarden.com/contest/2008/winners.php?catid=291

Isn't that gorgeous! If it will grow here, I need it really bad, LOL.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Neal -- the one from "bootandall" entitled "Self sown" ?

that is gorgeous... and if no one knows what it is... Dmail the owner and ask.

as for that Landscape one... the 1st place winner... that was my first choice... absolutely STUNNING.
they are all great photos...

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Yep, 'Self Sown' is the one!

Oh yeah, that first place Landscape one is amazing! I love the way the garden follows the lay of the land. The 2nd place one just resonates with what I'm going for...want my garden to look just like it :-)

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

to get that look... i need to make my beds WIDER.
may be something i'd like to try next season... but it really is a lot of work to do it all by hand...
I do have two areas that i can widen...

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

I now totally advocate lasagna gardening! I can make huge beds without killing myself, LOL. Works like a dream too.

Scottsburg, IN(Zone 6a)

I'll second that on lasagna gardening - it's truly wonderful! I'll be moving a bunch of mulch aside next spring to put cardboard down, and then get a bit more mulch. WHO KNEW it could be so easy??

Can someone please post a link to the Landscaping photos? I'm having trouble finding them.....thanks :)

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Just click on each category.. and you will see all the 'winners'
though i know there is another link on the page where you can see every image submitted

http://davesgarden.com/contest/2008/

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.