Todays Weather in Your Garden - 33

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

25 with the sun breaking out. Supposed to get into the 40's today!

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Hope everyone is warm .... another heat wave today!

Sunrise: 7:19

Partly cloudy, 32.5ºF (feels like 32º) ; High, 41ºF ; Low, 34ºF
Wind: 2 mph, direction ESE
Pressure: 30.08 in, falling
Humidity: 46%, Dew point: 16ºF
Visibility: 10.0 mi, UV-index: 0, Low

Sunset: 16:44

Measured: Nov/24/08, 07:54

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Oh my goodness! It's warmer now than it's been all week, and it's barely past 9 in the morning. But, snow is in the forecast for after midnight tonight. Ugh!

Currently:
21°
Wind: N at 3 MPH
Humidity: 78%
Dewpoint: 15°
Pressure: 30.35 in. and steady, right now

Sunrise: 6:50 am
Sunset: 4:15 pm

Heat wave!

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Jen, unfortunately the don't come and plant it for me. LOL! But I'm getting it from a northern grower in Indiana, so I know it's hardy. I won't buy anything from southern growers at that price without knowing if it's tried and true in the north. And, of course, you get color changes too with plants from the south that are grown in the north. DL's can look different in different soils and climates. Sometimes the southern ones will live here but not really thrive, never giving any increase. That wouldn't be good for me business wise, as I wouldn't have anything to sell. I need stuff that will give good increase.

Thanks, all, for the compliments on my new DL and wishing me luck with my hybridizing program. I'm looking forward to having fun with it, though it will be a few years before I will see any blooms from my new babies. Right now I have lots of seed I collected this year from bee pollinated flowers. Next year I will be making my own deliberate crosses.

Weather here today is getting warmer, into the mid to upper 40's. Rain coming tonight and for tomorrow, and temps will get to 50. Closer to normal for this time of year. I remember how nice it was last year at this time. Leaves still on the trees, and the Norway maples were looking gorgeous.

Karen

Though it did reach the upper 40's, the ground was still too hard for me to plant. Hope it thaws out soon.

Starting as snow tonight and then changing to rain tomorrow. In other words stay off the roads.

edit to say

40-50 mph winds!

This message was edited Nov 24, 2008 5:06 PM

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Sloppy out, wet snow and slush. Picked up my car from the shop tonight after not having it since last Thursday. Actually just took it in this morning. DH does most of the work himself, this is only the 2nd time in 10 years it's been in. Nice to have it safe again.

Thomaston, CT

Pleasant today---44, no wind, sun early, then clouds--nice walking day. Tonight some frozen stuff, but changing to all rain--45. Have to go to a funeral tomorrow morning, but DH won't be able to walk in the cemetery, so we'll leave after the service.

It's all the way up to 31°!!
The wind has shifted, gearing up for the chilly blasts overnight, I guess.
It's hard to believe that it will rain and not snow. ' guess I'll know in the morning!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I was thinking the same thing......rain not snow?? But im closer to the coast and it seems it will be an all rain event here, with very strong winds. Sherrie is getting them to......50 mph, don't think i'll be on DG much tomorrow! lol

South Hamilton, MA

Much milder day--rain for tomorrow. My mind on christmas shopping, although it isn't the shopping, it's the mailing which I mind.

It is snowing now. No wind yet, they come tomorrow.

Raining now.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Good morning
33* with a high in the 40's wet snow.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

42 here... and raining they say our high is 42 today

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

There is a small bit of white stuff in my driveway but the rain is melting it quickly. I have 2 Severe Warnings, one for flooding and one for wind in my area. Right now it is very balmy at 34°.

Cloudy 34°
Barometer:30.11 in and falling
Humidity:81%
Visibility:10 mi
Dewpoint:28°
Wind:NE 8 mph
Sunrise:6:49 am
Sunset:4:03 pm

41 and raining lightly.

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Clear and sunny for the moment ......

Sunrise: 7:20

Partly cloudy, 37ºF (feels like 28º) ; High, 36ºF ; Low, 32ºF
Wind: 16 mph, direction SSW
Pressure: 29.64 in, steady
Humidity: 75%, Dew point: 30ºF
Visibility: 10.0 mi, UV-index: 0, Low

Sunset: 16:44

Measured: Nov/25/08, 07:59

Good gosh how can it be balmy at 34° ?

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Compared to yesterday, Sat. & Sunday when it was between 14-24 with a raw wind.....today is balmy.

I agree. It's balmy here this morning at 39°! Rain, rain, and more rain predicted all day long.

I'm so thankful it's not snow

South Hamilton, MA

A balmy 46. Rain & rising wind.

I love the word 'balmy'.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Me too! lol

I do only when it is 70 plus degrees.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

My DH thinks anything above 70 to be hot. Good thing he's a man not a women...he's never survive the hot flashes of menopause!!

I heard that a lot of men don't survive menopause! LOL!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

True..he still has a chance of not surviving it!!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Wahhdaya mean hot flashes.
Those are power surges.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

To bad we can't harness that heat/energy....we'd be rich!!

and Famous! Then all the engineers would want to pick and prod us!

I'm restraining!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks for your restraint Victor.
Who knows where things could end up.

Yeah us women could all be shackeled to wind turbines.

Hmmm...

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

It's pouring and the wind is howling!

South Hamilton, MA

Rain is slower, but nasty gusts of wind. don't even see birds at the feeder.

Thomaston, CT

Rain until noon---42 the high---no wind---not a bad day, just raw. Glad to have been in art class this pm---weather here should be moderate for the next 5 days!Yea!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Rain, wind, wind and more wind. Lost power a few times but never for very long.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.