Todays Weather in Your Garden - 33

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Rain all day here, and everything is now thawed, I'm sure, though haven't had time to actually test it out. It's currently 41 out there, and the high today was supposed to be 51, but don't know what the official high was. Very balmy!

Yes, we should definitely try to harness the power of menopausal women!

Karen

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

33* and foggy.Still dark but I think it will be a cloudy day.
Good morning everyone.
Going for a high of 39* and snow.Yahoo says.

This message was edited Nov 26, 2008 5:37 AM

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

33 and mostly cloudy.

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

I am soooo late today .... too much cooking to do!! :-)

Sunrise: 7:21

Light snow, 34ºF (feels like 24º) ; High, 38ºF ; Low, 28ºF
Wind: 16 mph, direction W
Pressure: 29.77 in, rising
Humidity: 89%, Dew point: 31ºF
Visibility: 1.8 mi, UV-index: 0, Low

Sunset: 16:43

Measured: Nov/26/08, 08:54

Have fun cooking!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I slept late, have lots to do today but we lost power so no alarm clock. I not really complaining. ^_^ Just had to make it sound good. lol
Partly Cloudy:37°
Barometer:29.84 in and rising
Humidity:93%
Visibility:10 mi
Dewpoint:36°
Wind:SSW 7 mph
Sunrise:6:50 am
Sunset:4:02 pm

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

I'll save some for all y'all!

:-)

You're warmer than me again, Celeste!

South Hamilton, MA

32 but feels warmer

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

46 ...I can't believe it!!!!!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Gosh, Celeste, we actually weren't that far apart in temps this morning!!! I think it was 49 when I got up and out to get my vinca plants in the ground. Now it is 70 and gorgeous. I hit pay dirt at Wally world yesterday. I went in for directions to a store we couldn't find, and I just happened to pass through the plant area and there were the exact color of vinca plants I haven't been able to find anywhere! Even better, they were priced as annuals even though they are perennials down here. So at .88 each, I bought 3 trays of 15 and have been going mad with magenta and white vinca-itis all morning. Then I came inside and made a pumpkin pie and now it is perfect weather for a nice little rest!! LOL

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Those vinca's were a deal!!!! I'll bet they'll be pretty.

Elbridge, NY(Zone 5a)

36, and melting snow in central NY. Warmer for tomorrow!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Quite a deal! I bought one tray and when we got home, I got right back in the car, drove all the way back over there and bought 2 more trays!! LOL When they fill out, I'll post some shots of them in their new home.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Oh, and I forgot to confess that I also bought 2 white bird of paradise plants as well. The flowers are white and deep blue......very cool. I'm through buying now. LOL

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Oh, Louise, I am dying laughing. "... I just happened to pass through the plant area..." We ALL know better, cuz we all do it. All of us DGers just 'happen' to pass through any plant area wherever we go. Yeah, right. Like I just happen to pass through the bakery area at the store. LOL
I love vinca. Am looking forward to some bright pictures soon.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

You caught me, Jan!!! As you said, there is only one entrance to any store......through the garden section!!! LOL

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Yahoo says it's now 40, and the high was to be 44, the low 30. It was definitely nice today, and would have been a good yard work day if I didn't have to work. Humidity was 70% and very little breeze at all, so it felt nice. Better than what we had all this past week, I'm telling you. We got a few sprinkles of rain at one point while I was in Plymouth for my job. Sun was in and out of the clouds.

We had a beautiful sunset, and I forgot to bring my camera. I past by a couple of ponds this evening that had some fantastic reflections, just like mirrors. Was kicking myself for not bringing the camera.

Oh, Louise, nice buy on the vinca. I hope you will post pics of them in your garden when you get them planted. "Finished buying", Louise? LOL! I don't know how many times I've said that.

Karen

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

I hearya, Karen. We'll see how disciplined I can be!!! In other words, just stay tuned....especially because we are going to the Edison & Ford Estates on Saturday for a plant sale. LOL That means my unrealistic intentions may last a whole 3 days! Actually, we're going to be looking for a special "thank you" plant for one of my neighbors who kept my back yard watered before the summer rains came last spring. Whether we also see some special plant that would be a suitable 20th wedding anniversary present for ourselves is yet to be seen. LOL That's the fastest 20 years I've ever seen! I'm a really lucky and appreciative wife!!

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

LOL! Good luck coming home empty-handed from that sale!

Karen

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Happy Holiday everyone
32* rain I think.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

It's better than yesterday, not damp. First thing I had to do this morning was run to Wegman's because I didn't have enough salt for the turkey brine. Surprised to see so many people working there so early. So now the turkey is brining, and I will take the dog for a nice walk before getting too busy.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Dont cha LOVE Wegmans?
They arent listed in the Forbes for nothing.

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Happy Turkey Day, One & All!

Got all my ingredients at Wegmans this year ..... They do have a good system in place, for sure.

Be thankful, and please share some of your good fortune with those who have less.

Sunrise: 38ºF

Partly Cloudy, 37ºF (feels like 29º) ; High, 38ºF ; Low, 33ºF
Wind: 9 mph, direction W
Pressure: 29.90 in, steady
Humidity: 64%, Dew point: 24ºF
Visibility: 10.0 mi, UV-index: 0, Low

Sunset: 16:43

Measured: Nov/27/08, 07:50

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Currently 35 and sunny with some clouds.

Happy Thanksgiving!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Currently sunny but chilly with severe warnings issued due to some flooding. We have more rain coming tonight and tomorrow so the warning will stay in place for the next 48 hours I guess.

Fair:27°
Barometer:29.9 in and steady
Humidity:91%
Visibility:5 mi
Dewpoint:27°
Wind:CALM
Sunrise:6:51 am
Sunset:4:02 pm

~ HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE ~

34 and cloudy. Happy Thanksgiving!