CLOSED: Fall Frenzy Piggy Swap #3

Southeastern, NH(Zone 5b)

Not me if I didn't have things holding me here I'd be headed south for sure : )

ohh id love some seashore mallow..ive been looking for some for a few years.
thank you

pam sue

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

tcs, it's Kosteletzkya virginica.

Meredith, I'll study up and give you a guess.

I've seen sources that say they are hardy to 5b. I'd mulch them well and really protect then the first winter especially.

I'll save you all some!

p.s. Mrs. Kosteletzkya feels better now that she knows her babies aren't unwanted! :)

Edmond, OK(Zone 7a)

Ah Meredith, but your yard is so beautiful......all that hard work.........and then you'd want to take all your plants with you. Hee hee.

Yes that is one thing holding me here for sure! lol : )

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes Meredith, the pics of your garden are lovely!

Greenville, IN(Zone 6a)

Danita, I think I want some of that lovely seashore mallow too, maybe I can grow that one in my middle bed, I have party girl malva in my nectar garden and the flowers on mine look a bit smaller not much can't remember about the colors now but yours looks softer lol But they grow the same :) I'll dmail you :)

I've tried not to look at a lot of lists on purpose lol I have too many seeds from oinking last year lol But I think I'll take a gander tomorrow lol Hold me back if I go too crazy!

I added some more seeds to my list if anyone wants to check them out, I don't put them at the bottom when I add them cause I have my list on excel and names are already on there I just need to bag them up so they are in a certain order, well not any order but that's the way they are typed in there lol Nothing in my life is in order, I like it that way LOL

Take these seeds I don't want to keep them! LOL

Would everyone check their name if they wanted the coleus, I have an extra one and I know it goes out to someone :)

Thank you so much : ) It has come a long way since I started it in '06'. Looking at my old pictures of bare looking new beds is so funny.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I"m going to do a bit of Seed Pimping .... any of my left overs are going to Star anyways.... so she can divide for Storm Victims, or donate to another cause....

but -- who would like [94] Stella O'Doro Day Lilies seeds
[15] Split personality MG seeds - i have 2
White Datura Moon Flower - 1 pack, lots of seeds
Yellow Rattle Box ... i have no idea what this actually is. i think it's a southern thing.

here's my list... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=5785206

Simpsonville, SC(Zone 7b)

I grew white balloon flowers this year and they flowered pretty well, certainly much more than just a bloom or two. I started the seed indoors though. They were in a plastic pot, in scalding hot full sun, but got watered briefly twice a day... Can't wait to try purple/blue ones next year!

Danita, have you had enough requests for your Mallow yet? If not, it does look awful cute! If you say it can handle the heat, I'd love to give it a try!

Edmond, OK(Zone 7a)

LeBug - Please put me down for Cupid's Dart' ~ 2 'armor blue' catananche med. Blue and Aquilegia, 'Alpine Blue' & 'Roman Bronze'. Thanks!
~chele

LeBug, could you add Pink Begonia and Aquilegia Yellow star to my trough please? Thank You!

Edmond, OK(Zone 7a)

LeBug, just noticed that when I copied and paste the cupid's dart that I left the 2 in there.....I don't want 2 shares - I know I'm a piggie and all but I can share these. I grew the 'amor white' this year and fell in love with it. All my seeds were asked for within just a couple weeks of me putting them on my trade list - they were a hot commodity. Excited to add the blue to the white next year! Thank you!!
~chele

Jamaica Plain, MA(Zone 6a)

Lea, you haven't updated candylily for me on your list. Just making sure. Oink. Thanks.

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Wow! What a Cinderella story, Seashore Mallow went from 0 requests to 6 in two hours!

Hmmm, maybe I should try something similar to get dates........LOL ;)

I've got you all covered for the Seashore Mallow! :)

Hmm, something tells me the same wouldn't work for my Celiosa Chief. Doesn't have the 'cute' factor.

Cmon, nobody has a child or grandchild that would love a brainflower? I planted them for my husband, he loves the things! And, they are a fantastic velvety rich red!

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

klstuart, Gemini_sage wanted some of those. I had an old pack I was going to send him but I'm sure he'd love some fresh seeds.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Lea, I'd like to try Cupid's dart if you still have one!

Yes, I'm looking for brain celosia! Danita, thanks for lookin out for me :-) Oh, and if you have any more Seashore mallow, that would be super too.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I was double checking the LISTs as to who's posted and who hasn't

so far, the ones that have not posted their Haves/Wants list, are
Ansonfan -- though i do recall him popping in saying something about Herbs.
BlueSpiral
DayLilyDaddy
Dryad
Fairy
gardengus
PamSue -- though, she did post on page 1
PrimRoseSue
SingingWolf
** though they could be busy with life, and have not had time to come back and post.

btw - i did not check page 2 for lists...maybe i'll get to that next.

T.

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Just packed one for you Gemini. :)

Buckley, WA(Zone 7b)

Is there room for me to join in on the fun? I am a newbie, so I don't have a very big assortment to offer.
Thanks

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

margaran may I have some Salvia Leucantha and Coral Bean.

I just saw a Coral Bean this spring on a field trip with my DGD. It is an awesome plant. I am so excited to see you have some. If they are not spoken for yet. squealllllllllllling !!! snort snort

whoops was taking my mud bath and forgot to ask you Danita if you could spare any more Seashore mallow for me (looking at you with sad piggy blue eyes) wink.. oink.. wink.. oink...snort

This message was edited Nov 15, 2008 10:48 PM

Akron, PA(Zone 6b)

Toofewanimals:
May I have your third packet of Malva sylvestris ‘Mystic Merlin’? Beautiful! I have sent you a dmail.

to all:
It was an unexpected seventy degrees here and I spent it outside in the garden, instead of packaging seeds and sorting out ones that I will not use to post...Hope I can do some tomorrow. I will have some that are older, but will list them as that so you will know before you decide you want them...

Critter: thanks for the info that the links are not working...I copied and pasted from my work document and forgot that I would lose my links...I will try and correct it..Thanks for the heads up!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I'm sure Star is off for the evening... but she could surprise us ... unless storms are rolling thru again...

but i do know that there is a 35 person max... and we are at 32, so i can't see why not.

Lynn -- you can post your Haves/wants list on this page ... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/923393/

and browse thru to find seeds you would like to have. You can post in here the seeds you would like, but also - sometimes it's helpful to Dmail the person directly too... as sometimes things get a bit nutty -- though it certainly has slowed down for the evening.

Terese

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Oh RatherB.... I'll swap your 70 for my 37 !! LOL... not a fair trade, is it?

This message was edited Nov 15, 2008 10:53 PM

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

I have updated my list on the list thread. If there are seeds you want, please dmail me ; that's where I will be looking for requests.

Those who have emailed already, I may have responded and suggested that your will receive everything that you have requested, but I have had multiple requests for some things for which I have only one package. Please check my list to see what I have marked you down for. ^_^

Akron, PA(Zone 6b)

tcs: Sorry, I can't trade my 70 deg day, as tomorrow we drop into the forties...ugh. That is why I was as busy as I was, running around and trying to button down the hatches...

cheles_garden: If you still have one more package of Salvia viridis 'Marble Arch Rose', Clary Sage , I would love to try it. Checking on your link, it was just so cute!

RatherB

Browns Mills, NJ(Zone 6b)

Heavinscent.... Regarding the Hummingbird bush
I'd be more than happy to split with Cheles. I'd just raid her garden anyway if I need any more :-)

Browns Mills, NJ(Zone 6b)

I guess I'm a night-oinker....LOL

Akron, PA(Zone 6b)

LeBug:
Going over your list again, I saw two that i would love...
Dk Violet Queen salvia and 'Blue Wild Indigo' . Are they still available? Oink, Oink Oink!!!
RatherB

Akron, PA(Zone 6b)

Starlight:
I saw on Lebug's list that she had two petunias listed...forgive me if it wasn't your list, LeBug...but starlight had many hints in her want list for petunias...Off to bed...OINK!
RatherB

GA, GA(Zone 7b)

Added a few things...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=5785279

's-Gravenhage, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

Shees, this thread has doubled in size in one night! How am I ever to keep up?

's-Gravenhage, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

Managed, somehow!

Singingwolf:
Ginseng
Wisteria
Bird house gourds
Pandorea

Margaran:
Salvia leucantha

Toofewanimals:
Zinnia elegans

Danita:
Melon honeyking
Canteloup Iriquois

Trenton, MI(Zone 5b)

chele, I grew my first Cupids Dart this year too, the Amour white. LOL
OMG, I loved it! I put it in a roadside garden that is neglected and it was beautiful. The blue and the white darts should look great together. I have my white cupid's dart blooming next to my Blue Walkers Low Catmint, and they look great ... wink.

Danita, I see you have Penstemon x mexicali ex 'Red Rocks' on your list. I grew this last year. Hoping it comes back this year, it was such a pretty flower. Thought I might push this one for you. It is in a neglected garden also, since it is drought tolerant. I was big into the drought tolerant last year. Here is a link http://www.highcountrygardens.com/catalog/product/75796/

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

If its drought tolerant, I need some of that Penstemon 'Red Rocks'! ...but I think someone may have some set aside for me...must go make sure...

Seale, AL(Zone 8b)

Morning all!

Here the new thread.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/924272/

I moving the feed trough, so get them little hoofs a prancing to the new thread. : ) Dinner is on. LOL

P.S. Gonna close this one. Critter, need you to do that if you will close it up.

This message was edited Nov 16, 2008 6:23 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.