What weird weather we're having #5

(Laura) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

We came form here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/915791/

southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

Ahhh no worries Zhinu, I can start the next one as well. Hopefully we'll get Tricia to venture out into the brave new computer world of new threads! I think we're a good group to start with!!

So are you getting soaked up there as well Zhinu?

(Trisha) Olympia, WA(Zone 8a)

She just hasn't taught her mom how yet......just did it instead:(
We've been getting quite a bit of rain...my dog doesn't even want to go out! She was part of a litter abandoned in the Capitol Forest at about 8 weeks...it was around this time of year....she doesn't like rain...and is a complete wreck when it is windy..... it's been 11 years so they can't convince ME that dogs don't remember things!!

(Judi)Portland, OR

It is so dark here - has been all day. The rain is moderate and the wind is not bad. Just a little breezy. It is not very cold. I hope you all don't have problems with your rivers. Redchic I hope you don't lose any more of your yard - how scary!

I agree with you completely about the dark Portland. It wasn't much better here today. Just seems dark.

zhinu, unfortortunately I don't think i'm going to get a view of the wonderful full moon :-( howabout you?

so, I tried to get out and see the moon. That didn't work. But, I did get some odd pictures. Once again, it's one of those things where I think i'm more intrigued by the pic than it's a good picture.

Thumbnail by redchic01

now the correct way of seeing it. :-p

Thumbnail by redchic01

a maple, the river, and some neighbors houses.

Thumbnail by redchic01

Love these pictures.....I really liked the maple, river and houses.....I have always liked pics like these......was always difficult to show my photos to my mother as she feels if there aren't people posing in the picture then why take it?? So here and there I take a "people" shot for mom...and the rest of the bugs and grass and flowers..for ME.

I love your philosophy ZM of your pictures being for you. They should be!! Your mom and mine should get together for coffee, or maybe looking at People Magazine. My mom sounds like yours. I emailed my mom the link to the pictures that I had folks tell me their favorites of for the photo contest and didn't here back from her for a while. So, I kept asking her if she had looked at them, and asked, and asked. Finally, after the deadline for entering, she sent back an email saying 'those were nice, what did you take them for?' I just said 'because that's what I saw.' I was very happy for the opinions of everyone here!

Sounds like our mom's would get along well doesn't it!!! She wouldn't like the "People Pictures" I would take for myself either....I don't have a problem with pictures of people, just pictures of people lined up together with the silly "say cheese" looks on their face!!! Even if your mother doesn't al lot of us here loved and appreciate your photos, keep it up!

I prefer pictures along this line....

Thumbnail by zhinusmom

Thanks ZM, I agree with you completely! And the picture of your leaves makes complete sense to me!

I just saw on the news a video taken today in Snoqualmie (?), Wa. There was water running down the streets. This is not good. It's so early in the season. They also said that there was an evacuation notice due to flooding. I didn't hear weather or not it was mandatory or just advisory.

Zm.... I think some of the best 'people pictures' are ones where they don't know that they're being photographed and just doing whatever they do.

Not sure it made much sense to the customers behind me when I stopped in the middle of the sidewalk in the rain, pulled out a camera and started taking pictures of the ground.......but the parking lot next door has an artesian well where a lot of the homeless, and druggies, in addition to all the rest of us stop for water frequently, so they are used to a great deal of unusual behavior in the neighborhood. Now that well would be the place to set up a camera and take People Pictures!!!!! My husband works in the building next to the well and I can spend hours sitting in the car and watching the goings on at the well!!!!

There is a lot of flooding and high water north of us right now. I hope we are not going to have a repeat of last year....so many people in the area have not recovered from all of the flooding last December.

that's for certain, it takes a long time to get back to 'normal' after floods.

that artesian well scenario would be interesting. Sounds to be good water though.

I can get past people with the camera, but never my cat. I knew she was in the picture, but didn't know that she was going to try to get my attention.

Thumbnail by redchic01

My aunt did know that i was going to take the picture. neither of us knew my cat was there until I loaded the pictures onto the computer (really!)

Thumbnail by redchic01

this was one of my favorite people pictures from this summer.

Thumbnail by redchic01
Whidbey Island, WA(Zone 7a)

Great photos, Red - and that is an incredible cat . . . made me laugh out loud!!!!

Eugene, OR

ROTFL.....I hope you finally gave that cat some attention!! Nice pics rc.

One of my favorite things is people watching. Hate it when I get caught.

Jan...I made a bunch of those warmers for Christmas presents one year. I still use one but DH won't touch them, I think it's a man thing.hahaha

zhinusmom....that picture of the leaves reminds of a picture one of my neighbors made with leaves she picked up back by the river. She coated them with that puzzle glue and framed them. Looks really nice.

Like I thought, off to town we went, had to get ink for the computer. Did some shopping, then I had my tatting class. So I didn't make it to the river, looked really high when we went over the bridge. I'll get back there tomorrow.

It was gorgeous here today, got up to 70. People were walking around in shirt sleeves, then got caught in the rain. DH didn't even light the stove today. Hope it's as good tomorrow.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Great Pics, And love the kitty what a cutie. How bad of you not to pay more attention to her, and she has to beg for it. To cute.

Its so hard to keep up with you all LOL

I was serious about the goat.

Eugene, OR

But Tilly....what about your plants, that goat EATS them!!!

haha... Believe me Tilly and Sally, my cat gets a lot of attention. Her begging is so hard to ignore that you can help but give in to it. I think that most of you have seen the short video that i have of her begging, but if not... i'll post the link. http://picasaweb.google.com/redchic/MyKitty# There's one video there now, it looks like a "black square", not sure why, but it is a real video. As soon as I hit send on this message I'm going to upload another short video that's a little better quality.

Sally, apparently I should have went to Eugene today. I really missed out if it cleared up there. Usually it's the reverse and it has cleared up here and stayed fogged in in town.

Murmur, this seems late for you? But always glad that you're up. that cat still makes me laugh.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I had a goat, but lost her a few years back. Best blackberry muncher there was. I have a acre of land plus 40 acres behind me untouched.
Muchie had her own pen and stall. I would stake her out where I wanted her to eat the blackberry's and clear the spot then move her. And I rented her out to neighbours. She was a Nubian, she had a brain tumor and we could not save her. I do miss her. But I never cut her horns. We have coyote's out here and I wanted her to be able to defend herself as best she could.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

I love it >>>>>>>>

Well, I will mention to them that when they have finally reached their wits end... they can bring the goat up to you!

for some silly reason, it's not letting me load the second video. fuey.

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

And you taught me LOL
It shows the black Sq. but you click on it the video shows up.

This message was edited Nov 13, 2008 1:24 AM

Eugene, OR

No wonder I couldn't find it....figured it was just me again. That cat is too much, I've had dogs that did that, but never a cat.

Tilly....I stand corrected, I think you can manage that goat quite well!!^_^ That's what my son does, uses it to keep the vegetation in check.

actually you can find it now Sally! sorry. Apparently 'it' didn't like my interenet connection. Once I diconnected and then connected again, it finally let me upload the other video. Still didn't let me upload the one that I wanted to, but it's a better video none the less. If you do watch the other one.... yes, I did let her have her treats! She does that little trick even if she just wants to smell something or can't find her favorite toy.

I know I know Tilly... what was I thinking :-p

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Allsgood, Munchie was also a star attraction at a fund raiser, for Cory's farm. They had special kids from all over to see the animals and ride the horses and ponies. My DH took care of My goat And I help a friend with the pony rides. Was great fun.

Munchie sounds as if she was a great goat. I'm guessing that she didn't head butt people?!! lol

This message was edited Nov 13, 2008 1:44 AM

Poulsbo, WA(Zone 8a)

Got the second one, too cute. Mine don't do the begging that way, You walk by and the paw comes out as they grab you them you get the soft Meow. As to say 'me now'
Time for bed for me
Sleep Tight all
and Hugs

I like that "me now" I think that's the true definition!

Good night!

Eugene, OR

Got it that time, after I muddled through my computer (I think it was updating). Glad you finally gave her the treat.

Munchie...what a perfect name, sounds like a special goat.

Bedtime for me too. Night all!!

Olympia, WA

Loved the blue hard hat person in the woods - but barefoot??? Yikes!!!!!!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Sally, my DH loves the rice bag, especially before bed. He warms it up and puts it in the bed down by his feet area and when he gets in it is nice and toasty. We shut the vent in the bedroom, cuz we like it cooler to sleep. We would like to turn down the thermostat, but mom would freeze, so it stays around 70. We may get an electric heater for her room so we can lower the temp. in the rest of the house. So, for now we close vents.

Red, your cat is tooo cute.

Munchie seems to be an appropriate name. Tilly, I think you have the perfect solution.

currently 49 and raining. Tomorrow forecasted for 67 and sunny.

(Judi)Portland, OR

Rechic those photos you think are not good but are intriguing - they are good! Any photo or work of art that makes you think/contemplate/etc is good! I do like those.
Zhinusmom I also like the sidewalk photo. Those leaves are beautiful & the well story just adds to it!
OMG the sky is blue with a few white clouds (OK - lots of clouds) and the sun is out. I think we will have a few nice days. Cold but sunny.

Bend, OR(Zone 5a)

Hello, I'm new to this thread but love it already.
Red, your kitty is just too cute and smart too! She knows what she wants in life, ATTENTION! What a camera Ham.
The wind isn't blowing here today like it was yesterday, but it's still pretty breezy. It's 50 but feels like 40 with the wind. Brrrrrrrrrrrr! Just goes right through you.
Love all the pics.
Susan

Carnation, WA(Zone 7b)

We too have blue in the sky today. Although no school due to flooding - one bridge closed and water on the road currently. Just got power back on! Guess a generator is the new 'need to purchase' item. When it's beautiful - it is truly beautiful here! Off to plant the rest of the daylilies and cut up downed limbs from the wind here the last 2 days.

Love the photos!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.