Time again for - Mid Atlantic - show us your furr babies

Lucketts, VA(Zone 7a)

And Ashley's other legacy - Jake the scoundrel. How can son/brother be so different in temperament than mother/sister??? He is so bad, I can't help but love him...

Thumbnail by aspenhill
Freeport, PA

Here are my 2 fur babies dressed for Halloween.

Thumbnail by Gahagan
Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

I almost forgot! My daughter's guinea pig, Mr. Nibbles...

Thumbnail by VA_Wild_Rose

And my other daughter's hamster, Sugar...

Thumbnail by VA_Wild_Rose
Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Just look at all these cuties!!!

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Gahagan, a black and a white german shepard, eh? Super!

VA WildRose--Mr Nibbles is such a classic cute small pet name!

My daughter came up with that herself!

Oh, I'm sure it's original. It reminds me of something I guess. Its cute that the formal title MR is hooked to the cute Nibbles.

Freeport, PA

Sallyg, yes. They are great!!! They are both rescued dogs and we couldn't be happier with them.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Oh, Terri, I'm so sorry you lost your Ashley!

By the size of Eliot, this was taken well before *last* Christmas, but I still had to share because of all the toys. Eliot loves little stuffed animals and has a few favorites that get dragged all over the house! Thanksgiving was hard without Blake, and I know Christmas will be hard also, but I'm glad we've started talking about getting another fur-buddy for Eliot (and for us).

Thumbnail by critterologist
Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Aspen, those are some beautiful pups -- I'm sorry about Ashley. Fifteen years is a long time. Hugs to you!

The superheroes gave me goosebumps and a big laugh - thank you!

Guinea Pigs - I was never lucky enough to have any .... BUT .... I got my first hamster when I was about 8 y.o. and I'll have you know that I name him Nibbles (No Title, unfortunately!) ... not long after that, I receive a 2nd one an name her Nipsy. They routinely broke out of their hamster prison and found their way into the walls of the house. Oh, yes, my parents were *thrille* with me then!

They're all great pic's. Gotta love the four legged ones...

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

This might be like watching paint dry for most, but here is a video of my puppy and his (harlequin) brother in a recent dog show -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9LsxlOro-k

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

OMG Wrightie, Your pup is gorgeous. You might need a bridle for him. LOL Looks like you got a 4th in that class? The one fawn in front really can park out.
I spent most of Friday going with a friend to pick up a new horse she got for her husband. It looks like it's going to be a pretty nice one. It's a walker and they got it from a rescue center. He was well behaved, calm and trailered very nicely. Looks to be in overall good shape, and someone spent sometime training him. Looked like he'd been stall kept for quite a long time. I sure do miss having horses.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Holly! That fawn that you mentioned has some nice rear angulation, and yes, Zeb came in 4th in his Futurity class (9 mos. old), so it was a huge great surprise to me and his breeders. (hooray!)

With the recent economy and hay shortages, there are an awful lot of horses available for a pittance, if not totally free. I'll bet that it was fun getting that horse yesterday after being away from it for a while, eh? Hey, I know someone on the Equine forum who is looking to place a very sweet young filly. :)

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

My new fur babies.

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Cute! How is it going with TWO? I couldn't do it!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I'm insane. They do keep each other company at night which is good, they last all night in the crate, and they wear each other out playing.
We wanted to do 2 so I figure we get the puppy stage over with instead of having 1 now and have to go thru it again in a couple of years. We'll see once we start doing the training.

Eva(white) female she picks on her brother something crazy.
Wall-E looks at her like what in the world is with you?

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

LOL, Zeb is almost 11 mos old now and we're likely going to get a 2nd one next Summer, so we'll be insane to put ourselves through it again at that time.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

So, Holly, about that Bridle???? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5VffVa6WYk

Gahagan- somebody's loss, your gain. They look very content, even in costume.
wrightie- congrats. My hubby saw a Dane at the dog park today, I missed it.

sad about horses and pets having to be let go. There seem to be rescue groups for every breed.

Metro DC, MD(Zone 7a)

Hi Sally - are you still going to that dog park near-ish to Crunchies (to keep things general!)? We ought to have a play date one day!

Yep, it seems that no living thing is exempt from abuse an homelessness ... *sigh*

So, does anyone have any holiday pic's of their pets that they'd like to share? lol
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/930719/

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Here is one of the babies I live with.

Thumbnail by happy_macomb
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

What a great shot! Looks like a grin -- but I'll bet it wasn't. LOL

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

You know how slow digital cameras are? He was looking perfectly friendly until I started taking the shot, and after I hit the shutter, he started that yowl. I think he was complaining that I starve him (as he does many times a day).

I've always thought he had a bit of the Devil in him - now I have proof.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Speaking of funny pics....sure you all remember this one...Baby appears to be doin' the Scooby-doo grin

Thumbnail by Chantell
Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I do love that shot!

couple of good pictures there!
I didn't preview this except findgin the thumbnail- it may look funny, but actually I think he had an infection swelling his eyelid. All fine now, after a nice vet bill.

Thumbnail by sallyg

stupid thumbnail pictures, can't tell what I'm looking at. Hmm, mid yawn or pre hairball retch? You decide!

This message was edited Dec 20, 2008 10:36 PM

Thumbnail by sallyg
West Pottsgrove, PA(Zone 6b)

laughing, or about to sneeze?

Thumbnail by claypa

or a little too much catnip? that's a chuckler!

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Pet egg nog maybe????

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

I love those pictures!!!

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Ah, they are all so cute. Here Sassy is grooming Buddy. She quite offten does that. LOL

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Forgot the pic. Silly me....
Sassy is really Josh's cat, he had gone to a party when he was a teenager and brought home a kitten for his girl friend. Her Mom wouldn't let her keep it so Sassy ended up at our house. He would have taken her to his new house but she is blind and old, we thought she would have trouble adapting to a new lay out.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.