The nice thing about being a Great dane -

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

You can sit where ever you like, sofa height is no problem...

Thumbnail by Braveheartsmom

And if one sofa is taken there is always the other one!

And you get tons of love from Granny.

Keaau, HI

Great pups! Do they help in the garden.

Mine like to dig, and chase mongoose.

Here they are reading the news.

Thumbnail by Metrosideros
mulege, Mexico

All Braveheart needs is a beer in one front paw and the TV remote in the other! He'd be set for days.

katie

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

LOL! Great pics of all of them!!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

My friend has a great dane...and I swear he thinks he's a person..is this pretty much all great danes?

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Such great helpers in the garden too

Thumbnail by fleurone

LOL Fluerone - that just about says it all about Danes doesn't it? What a beautiful animal, what is his name?

Great picture of Metro's dogs reading the newspaper!

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Absolutely, real LAID back!. Danes are amazing. She is called Gypsy :)

I have a much better picture of her in the sun lounger but couldn't find it tonight.

Here she is feeling a little poorly ( awhile ago )

This message was edited Nov 3, 2008 7:56 PM

Thumbnail by fleurone
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

They are all so precious! Cute!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Accepted by Braveheart as he liked to sit in my lap. What a treat.

Princess Kilikina

Thumbnail by LouC

I want that kitchen. Baaad. LOL

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Will try again. Was supposed to a picture of BH sitting in my lap. This is our love, Jenny in her wonderful kitchen. Just think fresh bananas everyday.

PK

PS. Have lost 20 pounds since then.

Thumbnail by LouC

Great pic!!

Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

Braveheart and Gipsy are surely making all the Great Danes proud!

Love Dave's dogs as well, such passionate readers!

Also, loved the kitchen, and the bananas! And Jenny, and Christi, and Granny!

Whoo...should have insisted that I cleaned up the kitchen before pictures were taken! PK the pictures took me right back to last February....how nice to see your smiling face on the lanai again! ^_^.

Gypsy is just gorgeous, such beautiful markings - and such a typical Dane. You can see that my two are very old because of their grey faces, almost all their markings are gone now. They do love their comfort don't they? The only time my two get off the sofas is to move to the two twin mattresses we have on the floor for them - and yes, you're right Rj, Danes have no idea that they are dogs, they are very goofy - just like Marmaduke!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Two of the most gentle dogs I have ever seen in spite of their size. Braveheart and Sandy are jewels.

I look at the pictures often, Jen. Still seems like a dream.

PK

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

LOL...Jenny...I was thinking what a wonderfuly clean and happy kitchen that is!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Her entire house and yard is immaculate.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

'Looks REALLY clean to me! I'd be happy if mine looked that good!

Mine too!! Heck I would be happy to just have cabinets with doors that aren't crooked. LOL

Thank you all for your nice comments! Acually Pepper, when we moved in it really was the kitchen from H***. Most cabinet doors were missing, draw fronts missing (but that didn't matter because most of them didn't have any bottoms anyway), black tile counter which was only half there, one wall oven (avocado green) that didn't work, and the cook top was fed by a propane gas tank that was fed through a LARGE hole in the wall from the lanai. The kitchen sink had been leaking for years and the wood underneath had rotted so it had a most interesting tilt to it, have you ever had a sink that water would never drain out of completely because of the angle? We also had Harvest Gold formica butted up to the black tile as a eating area. We managed to live with it for about a year before I gutted it down to the bare walls - which I had to have replaced before we could start new. We found interesting collections of mummified mice underneath everything, together with dry rot and termites! As you might guess, we didn't buy the house for it's looks, but it is a nice piece of land! Six years later and I am still working on it!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

and you have done a fantastic job.

Yikes!! I've seen some pretty bad kitchens cause my dad remodels but your old one sounds like the worse one. Glad you have a new kitchen!! :~)

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

Looked at first post----ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To cute!

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Oh, I get such a kick of seeing Braveheart park himself on people's lap like that. Maybe I'll get to shake his paw one of these days. All the TZG canine auxilliary are such loves.

And that kitchen... I love the bananas. What would you have cleaned up? I have a saying when we have company. As they enter, I tell them: "We have cleaned up as well as we could. If you see anything that bothers you, we have ample supplies of rags and cleaning products. Just ask.". Nobody ever asked. As the nefarious Martha would say: "It's a good thing".

Take care, all. Aloha and mahalo for sharing your pictures.
Sylvain, a.k.a. Pu'ole.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

More pictures of Braveheart in Margaret's lap. Isn't she a beautiful lady? And a super personality besides.

Princess Kilikina

That is Jenny's mother I am referring to.

Thumbnail by LouC
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

What a fantastic couple. Beautiful, handsome, generous, humorous, what more can I say??? This is a "top shelf" family.

Thumbnail by LouC
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

I agree!

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

No objections here.

Sylvain.

Oh shucks, you guys! How very nice of you...I am blushing furiously and not quite sure what to say.

LOL!! And I will embarass you more by saying I agree with them.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Jen, you don't have to say anything......just keep being the sweet, loving, considerate friend that you are.....You are an inspiration to us all! Aloha!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Amen.

Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

I also agree to all the above!

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

My goodness! I get on-line to look at pics of some of my favorite Danes (Hamlet eat your heart out!), and I find that we have decided to praise the heck out of one of the sweetest ladies ever. Okay, I will add my admiration to the list. But actually, I think that all of you guys are the greatest. Don't know what I'd be doing sometimes without my DG fix.

Thank you all for being all of you!

Yokwe,
Shari

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

I know of another couple that is over the top. IslandShari and her JB.

Thumbnail by LouC
Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Some people even smile with their eyes.

Thumbnail by LouC
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

oooh...on my living room couch one year ago.. sniffles

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.