October Daily Weather IV, Trick or Treat?

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Howdy everybody
I can't believe we are over 200 post on the October III thread.
So for the first time ever here's the 4th thread for a month.
Here in Jax we are dancing with threats of cold weather.
55.2 °F / 12.9 °C
Clear
Humidity: 44%
Dew Point: 34 °F / 1 °C
Wind: 4.0 mph / 6 km/h from the NW
Wind Gust: 8.7 mph / 14 km/h
Pressure: 30.09 in / 1018.8 hPa (Rising)
Steph how was that game?
Marylyn did the rabbit die?
Joey that DNR is?
Marsue love that rose.
Sally I have 2 Hibiscus similar to Adina's if you want me to try and root them for you.
Sharon all of you are in my prayers.
Kelli and Ric enjoying it all.
Claire isn't it beautiful this time of year.
Ya'll come by with your pictures and weather and oh well just about anything.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
(Zone 3b)

12 °F / -11 °C
Clear/Dark
Sidney; Thanks for the new thread~it's great to be part of the busy group here. Nice seeing that you and Marylyn met; bet that was just great.
Music2Keep~fingers crossed:) so much snow already and winter's barely begun. Hope JW will love it.
E_B~the moose seem to have a huge loop of the neighborhood and we're part of that. They love the willow, birch and other shrubs.
bp~what do you do with the apple juice? Jelly? Sounds great having it.
kelli~hope all's well. Time for a hike complete w/wildlife; a good day for all.
rann~hopefully things are turning around and time will have it all sorted out.
MySharona~I'd loved to have copied/pasted your comments; wonderful job. End of the day and I'm so far behind. My sister and I have been having a wonderful visit.
My newly married grandson and his bride, leave tomorrow for their honeymoon over in Ireland.
Have a great day se_eds and ric.
hi marsue, kwanjin, Deb and Stephanie.
Marylyn~I look forward to the photos, too.
10pm and will check in tomorrow.

Thumbnail by kiska
Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Good Morning!
E_B – Great pictures! I don’t think the pictures are dull at all.
Sally – I’d say Yum too LOL! I’ll have to give herring a try. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen it sold here…hmmm
Ric – Your project is looking good!
Joey – Fingers are crossed! Good Luck :) That’s a beautiful path. I know you enjoy walking it everyday.
Sidney – I like all the coleus lined!
Kiska- I know you GS and wife will love Ireland. It is so beautiful there. Nice picture! Can you smell the pine through the snow?

45.5 °F / 7.5 °C
Clear
Windchill: 44 °F / 7 °C
Humidity: 43%
Dew Point: 24 °F / -4 °C
Wind: 4.3 mph / 6 km/hfrom the West
Wind Gust: 6.3 mph / 10 km/h
Pressure: 30.21 in / 1022.9 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers

Today
Sunny...breezy...cooler. High 60. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts to near 30 mph.

Definatly the coolest day this season and I am loving it! I know I'm going to here "It's so COLD" all day at work. I'll be able to start my Fall walks at lunch :)

Gaillardias are blooming. Someone (Callie?) sat on the other half and broke them.

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

It's another freezing cold day here today. Partly cloudy, light breeze and frost, around 23°F.

Sidney - that bed of coleus is stunning :-)

Sharon - very pretty Gaillardia and brug :-) How's Gary doing?

Joey - nice to see you back! Good luck on the job application! That looks like a very nice trail for a walk :-)

EB - beautiful photos of the mill and covered bridge. Nothing dull about them ;-)

The British media seem to be picking up on the fact that the British ministers' over-reaction might not have been justified ....... we couldn't be happier about that! :-) LOL Still waiting for that appology .........

Well, hope all of you have a great day!

Rann

This message was edited Oct 30, 2008 5:06 PM

(Zone 5a)

http://www.indefence.is/News/News/~/NewsId/10

This message was edited Oct 30, 2008 5:07 PM

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Good brrrr-cold morning! We woke to almost freezing weather this morning, a full month before our average first freeze date! I still have some tiny plants to get in the ground, but they might just have to spend the winter in my enclosed sunroom.

The Cowboys WON!! Woohoo! What a relief. Now maybe the sports guys on the radios, TV, and newspaper will leave those guys alone and talk about something else for the week. (Yeah, right! LOL)

Fair

34°F
(3°C)
Humidity: 62 %
Wind Speed: Calm
Barometer: 30.56" (1034.9 mb)
Dewpoint: 26°F (-3°C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi.
Today: Sunny, with a high near 67. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph.
Tonight: Clear, with a low around 43. South southeast wind around 5 mph.

Here's an American Beauty Berry from a local display garden/nursery.

Thumbnail by stephanietx
(Zone 3b)

7°F
highs to upper teens and low 20's with wind 10-15mph.
MySharona~sounds as if you're ready for cooler weather. Gusting to 30 is pretty breezy.
I think your guess could be right~sorry, Callie, you get the blame:))
No noticable fragrance to the spruce.
stephanietx~that American Beauty Berry is gorgeous. A month early for the first frost; best leave those babies in and not put them out in the cold:))
rann~sounds like winter for sure; cold, and I know it's dark longer, too. Not good time to try to keep one's spirits up, but we're pulling for you/country.
The momma moose tried to get under the protective fencing, made for that purpose, in order to reach the delicious apple branches.
I was standing indoors, just above, in the sunroom for the pic.

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 7a)

I can't comment on everything. Suffice to say that I enjoy each and every post. Makes my day.

Someone asked when the ski resorts open here. They usually open around the middle/end of November. A few times they've opned in October but that's rare.

40°F with 71º for later. Good for working in the gardens. I got a new electric cultivator. Gonna play with it today!
Feels like: 38°F

Barometer: 30.4 in ↑
Dewpoint: 32°
Humidity: 73%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 3 mph SSE
Sunrise: 7:54 AM
Sunset: 6:27 PM
UV Index: 4 Low

JM fall colors.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Sidney: I was wondering if we would make it to the end of October without starting a new thread--looks like we've broken the record! LOL Lovely coleus, as usual!

Joey: hope you get that job you want. Pretty pic of the old wagon road. We used to own a farm that had the old wagon road to St. Louis from Little Rock that ran across it. Most of it was obliterated, of course, but there were a few places where you could still see the wagon "ruts". Makes you stop and think about what the pioneers had to experience to get from one place to another, doesn't it?

EB: gorgeous photos of the "old mill stream" and covered bridge--not flat at all!

Kiska: Our trees are just beginning to turn--certainly no snow on the evergreens down here! A honeymoon in Ireland for your DGS and his bride--how wonderful!
Momma moose is a hoot--she's really wanting those apples!

Sharon: maybe we can exchange gaillardia cuttings in the spring! My Oranges & Lemons for your "whatever its name is". :o))
Kelli: Your "Thanksgiving" cactus is confused--it must think that it is an "October" cactus--LOL

Rann: it would certainly be nice, to say the least, if Mr. Darling would apologize!

Stephanie: My MIL has a beauty berry in her yard--she didn't know what it was--now I can tell her. :o))

Celia: nice fall colors on the JM.

We had our first frost last night--earlier than usual. I hope the flowers will bounce back and keep blooming for a while--warmer weather due in a couple of days. We'll see.

Today Sunny
High 55°F
Precip 20%
Wind: NNW 6 mph
Max. Humidity: 48%
UV Index: 5 Moderate
Sunrise: 7:26 AM CT
Avg. High: 69°F
Record High: 83°F (2000)
Tonight Clear
Overnight Low 32°F
Precip 10%
Wind: W 3 mph
Max. Humidity: 73%
Sunset: 6:17 PM CT
Avg. Low: 44°F
Record Low: 24°F (1997)

The petunias were still blooming prettily a few days ago.

Thumbnail by marsue

Rann – Gary is ok. He has a bleomycin dose today and tomorrow he goes to Jacksonville for a pet scan (to check for masses). I love timelines and CYA’s LOL!
Stephanie – The American Beauty grows wild here. It’s very pretty and the birds and squirrels love them :)
Kiska – I enjoy the cooler temps because I can actually get outside and play. I have hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) on the head. It’s very embarrassing especially in the summer months. Mama Moose followed her nose LOL!
Celia – The JM is so pretty.
Marsue – Sure, if Callie doesn’t kill the plant LOL! Petunias are so hardy and pretty :)

55.2 °F / 12.9 °C
Clear
Humidity: 32%
Dew Point: 26 °F / -3 °C
Wind: 8.3 mph / 13 km/hfrom the WNW
Wind Gust: 20.7 mph / 33 km/h
Pressure: 30.27 in / 1024.9 hPa (Falling)
UV: 7 out of 16

It's so nice outside! Monarch came through yesterday.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Quoting:
Marylyn did the rabbit die?

Sidney, what kind of rumor are you trying to start?? ROFLOL What rabbit where? ^_^

Rann, I'm so glad the truth is finally coming out and Iceland is getting back their reputation and credibility .... I hate how the media skews things to make stories bigger, even if the story ends up being fiction by the time they're done. And don't get me started on politicians.. ugh... I'll be very glad when Wednesday comes and our election stuff is done for a while!

It's a gorgeous day here! It was a bit nippy this morning, but now is a beautifully sunny 65° with just a slight breeze. It's going to be a bit warmer by the end of the week.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 1:53pm CDT (36 min ago)
Temperature 65 °F 18 °C
Dew Point 27 °F -3 °C
Humidity 23%
Pressure 30.53 in 1034 mb
Wind Speed 3 MPH 3 kts
Wind Dir Variable Variable
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 12:53pm CDT : 37.9°F / 3.3°C

Some lantana in a park in Savannah, Georgia...

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

46*, sunny a bit breezy and I hung clothes out.

Joey, fingers are crossed!! It's a beautiful path and you're lucky to have it right outside your door!

Thank you Sugar! I was popping in mighty slow. Wow, cool record! There's getting to be quite a bunch of us! Thanks Sugar. Right now I have a red hibiscus a friend gave me and I gave a pink one away. I don't have a lot of room, but I'll keep that in mind. What a beautiful row of coleus!

Seeds, congrats on the tulips. I am not a fall planter!!

Kiska, we drink all of it! DD loves it, we share with those who donate apples and I'm taking some to the Thanksgiving/Christmas party DH's siblings are having. Our second party this year!! The snow looks good at your place:o)

Sharon, you are barely warmer than us today. I'm always amazed with the southern weather :o) Beautiful colors on the gaillardias. What is their name? I've never seen any like them.

Rann, you do wonder how such a mess happens and you wonder why things can't be solved with a little tact and dignity. It sounds like much better news anyway!! Wow, that's quite a timeline story. I sure hope ithis will all be behind you soon!

Stephanie, beautyberry is gorgeous! Especially when you can see it in person.

Kiska, I love moose caught in the act :o)

Kwanjin, let us know how that cultivator works, maybe a picture of your work. Is it for tilling a garden? Lovely JM leaves.

Marsue, I think abut the hardships too. It's so neat to have something like that survive. I love a dirt road, but there are less and less of those around too. Lemons and oranges are a really pretty plant. My neighbor has them. I love those petunias! Vivid color!!

Sharon, I wish beauty bery grew wild here. We are just on the line. My neighbor is trying them a second time. I love the flatness of the monarch.

Marylyn, I wondered about that too. I even went back to your ''good to be home'' post to see if I missed reading something :o) I adore lantana!!!

Iris ''Immortality'' just before opening. It's the rebloom bloom.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Hi, everyone ! It's been so cold last night and there was hoar this morning. Lucky the sun came up and it all melted...ugh! They say it's going to warm up a little, up to 73 at noon. That is going to be great for me, when cleaning the windows !LOL I just finished the terraces, such a hard work...no more blue words now!LOL
Kelli, yes, the hibiscus are going to bloom indoors , if I don't trim them back...which I won't do this year. I'll do it in February. Those roses are gorgeous!
Sally, yes, the hibiscus is an indoor plant here, we keep them in pots...big ones! Who are those sweeties ?
Ric, the windows are great, good job!
Joey, I hope you get the job!
E_B, that's an interesting and huge mill! Keep the pics coming, none of your pics are dull !
Sharon, I'm full with envy about the Thanksgiving cactus budding...mine isn't yet! Usually it blooms on Christmas and has a few blooms.
Celia, I hope you had some rest. Monty's fur is gorgeous!
Marsue and Billy, your Belles are so beautiful!
Buck is learning to eat a carrot !
Hugs,
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Adina, that warm weather will feel good on your window washing hands :o) I wish I had room to keep big indoor plants, especially if they bloom. Those are my grandsons. We made cookies using frozen dough I bought from a school kid.The youngest was saying yum!! Buck is beautiful!! And he eats healthy! LOL!

Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Didn't make it up to even 60F today. Normal HIGH is 70!!
Forecast:
Clear. Patchy frost after midnight. Lows in the mid 30s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph...becoming west around 5 mph after midnight. Along the Lakeshore...West winds 15 to 20 mph. Wednesday: Patchy frost in the morning. Sunny. Highs around 60. West winds 10 to 15 mph. AND..
a FREEZE watch. Now comeon!! Normal LOW right now is 50!

Stephanie: That's a month before our 1st freeze date, too!!
Joey: Looks like a wonderful path to walk each day. Good luck with your job apps.
Kiska: What? No moose today? LOL. OOPS! I just spotted momma-moose trying to get to the
apple tree! :)
Rann: So sorry about the way they've mis-characterized and mistreated your countrymen
in the news. Politicians! ...And you know, the apology is never as loud as the accusation.

Celia: Pretty JM. Ours is still green.
E_B: IF only my photos were all as good as your "flat" ones. :)
Marsue: Gorgeous blue petunias!

Sharon: I planted my Beautyberry specifically to attract Painted Buntings. Hasn't worked
as far as I've been able to tell, but I've grown to love the plant!
Adina: Buck is adorable. Love his ears!

I can't believe I have to actually turn on the heat before Thanksgiving! (I know. Quit complaining. Could be worse. Sorry. Thin blooded southerner.)
;>
Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 1:51 PM PDT on October 28, 2008
96 °F / 36 °C
Clear
Humidity: 8%
Dew Point: 25 °F / -4 °C
Wind: Calm
Pressure: 30.03 in / 1017 hPa (Falling)
UV: 5 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

A couple more pictures from Orcutt Ranch the other day. The tower in the distance is what I call a wind machine. I don't know what the proper name is. When it is to get down to freezing on still nights, they would turn these on to stir up the air to keep the freezing air from settling around the crops. I don't know how old this one is, but any others I've seen on commercial farms are much smaller. Orcutt Ranch still has a few acres of citrus trees but I doubt that they still use the wind machines.

This message was edited Oct 28, 2008 2:33 PM

Thumbnail by Kelli

pergola with Three Graces statue

Thumbnail by Kelli

more roses

Thumbnail by Kelli

a wind machine - This one has a fence around it and the gate is blocked shut by live oak trees, so they couldn't get in to turn it on if they wanted to.

Thumbnail by Kelli
(Zone 7a)

Very cool pics, Kelli.

I used the cultivator today. It was fun and easy to use. It's has 2 aggitating tine heads with 4 tines each on them. It goes about 4 inches into the soil and turns it up. I got the topsoil turned in on the center bed in the back. MUCH easier than with a shovel! LOL It did well in the clay. Thanks, Black and Decker.

Pretty...Allysum?...Deb.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

COLD!!!!!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Here are some of our photos from the trip: http://picasaweb.google.com/commerce.acct/JekyllIslandTourForDGFriends?authkey=mv1i2HDLQR0#

From http://www.uswx.com/us/wx/tx/77024/?stn=KSGR:

Quoting:
...FREEZE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 9 AM CDT WEDNESDAY...

.FREEZE WARNING HAS BEEN EXPANDED. HIGH PRESSURE SETTLING
OVERHEAD...CALM WINDS AND A COLD AIRMASS WILL RESULT IN EARLY
MORNING FREEZING TEMPERATURES ACROSS MUCH OF SOUTHEAST TEXAS.

Good grief!! We don't usually get freeze warnings until December! Maybe! Sometimes we don't even get them until February!

Thumbnail by Marylyn_TX

Marylyn – Lantana is a personal favorite of mine.
Sally – My flower was mis-labeled (imagine that). It’s a Goldalia Orange Dahlia. Your Iris bud is beautiful.
Adina – Buck is adorable, such a sweet face!
Deb – LOL I’ve had the heat on for 2 nights now. Thank you to Canada for this cold blast. I needed it.
Kelli – Neat pics!
Celia – There is that big boy:) Monty is precious.
Pepper – LOL!
Marylyn – Freeze warnings here are West of Jax. We still have some warm air on the water for a freeze warning for us, but it is chilly here this morning! Love the pictures! The house is pretty, the girls sleeping awwww so sweet.

35.8 °F / 2.1 °C (but we're close)
Clear
Windchill: 36 °F / 2 °C
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 32 °F / 0 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 2.0 mph / 3.2 km/h
Pressure: 30.20 in / 1022.6 hPa (Falling)

Today
Sunny. High 63. West winds 5 to 10 mph.

Record high yesterday at 59* (after 100 years). Prissy playing catch with her bone.

Thumbnail by MySharona

Record cold last night/this morning too :)

Striking the "moose" pose! It's mine, mine, minemineminemine :)

Thumbnail by MySharona
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It didn't get down to freezing here either... It might have north and west of the city, though! We haven't turned our heat on, but I did pull out our comforters for the first time since early spring..

LOL at Prissy's captions.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 6:53am CDT (39 min ago)
Temperature 42 °F 6 °C
Dew Point 39 °F 4 °C
Humidity 89%
Pressure 30.42 in 1030.1 mb
Wind Speed Calm Calm
Wind Dir - -
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Current Conditions Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 39.9°F / 4.4°C
6 hour max temperature ending 6:53am CDT : 46.0°F / 7.8°C

(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

It's warmed up slightly above freezing today, about 36°F, fairly calm and mostly cloudy.

I don't have time for comments so I'll just wave high to everyone! Great photos :-)

We have a Christmas tree :-) I decided to buy an artificial one. It was pretty expensive, so I guess we'll have to go "artificial" for the next 4 years ;-) lol At least that's one less thing to worry about. I went out and bought a few Christmas presents, I'm trying to buy as many as I can before new shipments arrive at higher prices. Everything will double in price most likely. Inflation is now 15% and rising. Feels good to have that accomplished :-)

Have a great day eveyone!

Rann

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Good Mornin'! :D We are in the upper 30's at the moment, but no frost or anything. Places in Greenbrier Co. (next door) got 5" of snow & all we saw were flakes floating around. Princeton & Bluefield got a little over an inch, but it had melted off by noon. It was just more cold than anything. I tried eating lunch outside, but made it short & sweet, because the wind had a 'bite' to it. When I went back inside...my glasses did an immediate fog up.
At Dublin...
Clear: 39°F
Feels like: 30°F
Barometer: 30.1 in
Dewpoint: 25°
Humidity: 56%
Wind: 18 mph W
Sunrise: 7:45 AM
Sunset: 6:27 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

Thanks for the 'well-wishes', everybody!
Sydney, DNR = Department of Natural Resources. It's a state job that pays $30,000, but after 2 years I can go to the Wildlife Manager's job that pays nearly $40,000. The state has excellent benefits, etc. So yes, this is the job of my dreams... :D I would get to 'mess' w/ Fish, & all other forms of wildlife.
Sharon, Prissy looks as if she's having lots of fun! Jack finds REAL bones. :) LOL! on the 'moose' pose! :D I found one large bone in my front flower bed 2 weeks ago. The big cat leaves him lots to play with....
Marylyn, Glad it didn't freeze for ya! Looks as if you all had a Great time! :D I think that we may get winter a little early here, too. :) What does the large 'cast iron' sign say in one of you pics? And they're all great!, btw! :D
Kelli, That wind machine looks very ingenious! Orcutt Ranch looks very interesting! ;D
Celia, Love the pic of Monty! :D
Deb! I can't believe that you have gotten so 'chilly' down there already! I do believe that we may have an unusually cold winter, by the way things are starting out, but we may be fooled all together. Everybody's weather has been so fickle the last few years that I would believe Anything!
Adina! Buck is such a cutey! :D How did you get him to eat a carrot? I have known a dog or 2 that likes apples, but a carrot? A very healthy eater you have there! :D
Rann, I'm glad that things are getting straightened out up there. I hope they get back to normal very soon...so you will have more peace of mind. :) And I'm glad that you found a Christmas tree! :D I love the real ones, too, but in the long run the fake one is the least expensive. Love the snow! :D
Marsue, This little road doesn't have any ruts left, that I'm aware of, but it's really neat. It goes to an old mill race...just below the house. Actually, the old mill was made into a house. Pretty neat. Not too much has happened to this little area in 200 years...well I guess you could say that there has been many changes, but you can still see traces of the old things. :D
E_B, Love the covered bridge & the old mill. The sites are so familiar to here, that it's almost scary! :D Gorgeous! Pics! :D
Kiska, Your moose is at it again! :D They love that little tree don't they? Have you heard from the family in Seattle? Are they still enjoying things there? And are you going to Hawaii before Thanksgiving or after? I know that you will have immense fun! :D
Sally! You still have Iris blooming!? Mine have all gone into hibernation. :D Thanks, it's my favorite place to walk. I makes you wonder how many & how often your ancestors had walked in the same place.
Steph! Gorgeous! bush! I love the color of the berries. :) Those are very unfamiliar to me here. It's definitely not a native.

Trivia for the day (week)...
Which of the following was not a TV weathercaster at some point in their career?
a) Bill Murray
b) Jane Pauley
c) David Letterman
d) Pat Sajak

Some more of my 'walking path'...
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
(Zone 7a)

I'm meeting with my niece this morning so I don't have much time. Lovely pics, all. We've been having frost every morning for the past week. I't very pretty but it's affecting the plants.

42°F with 72º for a high.
Feels like: 39°F

Barometer: 30.2 in ↑
Dewpoint: 36°
Humidity: 78%
Wind: 5 mph NNE
Sunrise: 7:55 AM
Sunset: 6:26 PM
UV Index: 4 Low

Thumbnail by kwanjin
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Sunny and suppposedly 62 degrees outside. I think my thing is broke. It can't be that warm already.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm guessing D, Joey. Did you mean this park sign? http://picasaweb.google.com/commerce.acct/JekyllIslandTourForDGFriends?authkey=mv1i2HDLQR0#5262423675126233234

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Marylyn, Yes..that's the one. I tried to enlarge it, but I could only see the top 1/4 of it.

Thumbnail by music2keep
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

BP: I meant to tell you that your grandsons are adorable. I'd be saying "yum", too, with all those homemade cookies around!
Sharon: lucky you to have a Monarch visit your flowers! Prissy looks as as if she is having a good time. :o))
Adina: I never had a dog that would eat carrots.
Deb: pretty white flower--whatever it is.
Kelli: more good pics of Orcutt Ranch.
Celia: Monty is looking as regal as ever. I fully expect to see a crown on his head one of these days! LOL Is that a money plant in your last photo?
Marylyn: I think a major portion of the south from Texas to Florida had a freeze warning last night. I know we did. Wonderful photos of your family vacation and what a lovely photo of the 4 of you looking very happy! :o))
Rann: so glad you were able to get a Christmas tree and get some of your shopping done before the prices go up.
Joey: I'll just guess Jane Pauley for the trivia--I really have no idea. Your walking path is lovely!
Pepper: we are in the mid-60's today, too. Much better than yesterday!

We are supposed to be in the lower to mid-70's for the rest of the week and no freeze warnings, thank goodness!
Today: High: 65ºF
Sunrise: 7:27 AM CT
Avg. High: 69°F
Record High: 84°F (1971)
Tonight Clear
Overnight Low 40°F
Precip 10%
Wind: SSW 4 mph
Max. Humidity: 75%
Sunset: 6:16 PM CT
Avg. Low: 43°F
Record Low: 25°F (1997)

On the way over to my DGS's school this morning to read with the children, I spotted this Bradford Pear with a "split personality". Not only is it split down the middle as are most older Bradford Pear trees, but on one side the leaves are still green and on the other side the leaves have turned to a dark burgundy color.

Thumbnail by marsue

Joey, your walking trail looks like an interesting place.

Maybe it will stay below 90F today. I've noticed that 90+ at this time of year does not feel as hot as 90+ in the summer. Even in the house, we've been letting the temp get to 79F before we turn on the air conditioner and usually by 77F we're dying. There's more to temperature than just the temperature.

Updated: 11:51 AM PDT on October 29, 2008
86 °F / 30 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 14%
Dew Point: 31 °F / -1 °C
Wind: 7 mph / 11 km/h / 3.1 m/s from the ESE
Pressure: 30.01 in / 1016 hPa (Falling)
UV: 5 out of 16
Clouds: Few 20000 ft / 6096 m
(Above Ground Level)

The reasons most of you have been getting frost and I've not been getting rain are the same. The jet stream has a kink in it. Anyone know of a good atmospheric chiropractor?

Thumbnail by Kelli
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Joey: I guess "A", Bill Murray,

It didn't freeze here, although we did have some "patchy" frost, but very light. Forecast for tonight is the same. This is so far ahead of normal.

Rann: You can get candles and diffusers that smell like real fir trees, if that will help the artificial one seem more like the real thing!

Marylyn: Off to look at your pictures, now.

Deb

(Zone 7a)

B...Jane Pauley. I'm guessing.

Cool pear tree!

Yes, Mau, I have money on my money plant. Do you want some seeds? I have tons and they're reseeding in the lawn. lol

Isis is mad after her bath.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Rann – We’ve had a fake tree for 2 years and no one ever realizes it! They look at it and comment on how pretty it is LOL! I spray a very light pine scent on it once it’s up. I always had a real tree before this tree. I’m going with Bill Murray. Beautiful path. Reminds me of the one at Beaver State Park that still had ruts.
Celia- Hope you had fun with your niece! I want some money from that money tree LOL!
Marsue – That is a very cool picture of the Bradford Pear.
Kelli – I’m personally thanking Canada for our cold blast, although I wish I could help with your heat wave.
Celia - Isis does look upset - I'd run fast in the opposite direction LOL!

60.4 °F / 15.8 °C
Clear
Humidity: 27%
Dew Point: 26 °F / -3 °C
Wind: 5.4 mph / 8.7 km/h / 2.4 m/s from the West
Wind Gust: 8.8 mph / 14.2 km/h
Pressure: 30.21 in / 1022.9 hPa (Steady)

Tonight
Clear. Low 40. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Patchy frost inland, but not here tonight. Isaboo practicing her Halloween Glare. Grrrrr get that sphagnum moss off me grrrrr

Thumbnail by MySharona

It didn't stay below 90F. (Tomorrow they're calling for a high of 79. We'll see.)

Updated: 2:51 PM PDT on October 29, 2008
90 °F / 32 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 13%
Dew Point: 32 °F / 0 °C
Wind: 6 mph / 9 km/h / 2.6 m/s from the SSE
Pressure: 29.93 in / 1014 hPa (Falling)
UV: 3 out of 16
Clouds: Few 20000 ft / 6096 m
(Above Ground Level)

Some of my out-of-control rose bushes. I don't get around to trimming every year and have been bad about dead-heading, so most of my bushes are taller than I am. The tallest ones have got to be around 8 feet.

Thumbnail by Kelli
(Zone 7a)

Kelli those rose buches look like mine did before I trimmed them. LOL I haven't touched them in 4 years.

Boo is so cute! Cat moss. Huh. Who would have thought there was such a thing?

Sharon, you can have some. I'll d-mail you.

It's almost Halloween!

Thumbnail by kwanjin
(Zone 7a)

Kelli those rose buches look like mine did before I trimmed them. LOL I haven't touched them in 4 years.

Boo is so cute! Cat moss. Huh. Who would have thought there was such a thing? ☺

Sharon, you can have some. I'll d-mail you.

It's almost Halloween!

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Celia! LOL! "Cat Moss"! :D You've still got corn? And the tassels look pink! Neat-O. How do you give a cat a bath? But then I've only had the 'outside' kind.
Kelli, Those are some hefty Rose bushes! Wow! Hope that things cool down for you soon. LOL "atmospheric chiropractor"!!! :D
Sharon, your Isaboo sure is pretty! She looks likes she's coming up the chair after you for putting the moss on her! LOL Thanks...Are you talking about Beaver State Park in WV? If so, it's not too far from my house!
Marsue, thanks, Love the Pear tree! I've never seen one do that! When the big cat is out Jack will at least go on the 'path'. She must not venture down that far.

One more...
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.