Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Weather: October Daily Weather IV, Trick or Treat?, 1 by music2keep

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright music2keep

In reply to: October Daily Weather IV, Trick or Treat?

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of  October Daily Weather IV, Trick or Treat?
music2keep wrote:
Good Mornin'! :D We are in the upper 30's at the moment, but no frost or anything. Places in Greenbrier Co. (next door) got 5" of snow & all we saw were flakes floating around. Princeton & Bluefield got a little over an inch, but it had melted off by noon. It was just more cold than anything. I tried eating lunch outside, but made it short & sweet, because the wind had a 'bite' to it. When I went back inside...my glasses did an immediate fog up.
At Dublin...
Clear: 39°F
Feels like: 30°F
Barometer: 30.1 in
Dewpoint: 25°
Humidity: 56%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 18 mph W
Sunrise: 7:45 AM
Sunset: 6:27 PM
UV Index: 0 Low

Thanks for the 'well-wishes', everybody!
Sydney, DNR = Department of Natural Resources. It's a state job that pays $30,000, but after 2 years I can go to the Wildlife Manager's job that pays nearly $40,000. The state has excellent benefits, etc. So yes, this is the job of my dreams... :D I would get to 'mess' w/ Fish, & all other forms of wildlife.
Sharon, Prissy looks as if she's having lots of fun! Jack finds REAL bones. :) LOL! on the 'moose' pose! :D I found one large bone in my front flower bed 2 weeks ago. The big cat leaves him lots to play with....
Marylyn, Glad it didn't freeze for ya! Looks as if you all had a Great time! :D I think that we may get winter a little early here, too. :) What does the large 'cast iron' sign say in one of you pics? And they're all great!, btw! :D
Kelli, That wind machine looks very ingenious! Orcutt Ranch looks very interesting! ;D
Celia, Love the pic of Monty! :D
Deb! I can't believe that you have gotten so 'chilly' down there already! I do believe that we may have an unusually cold winter, by the way things are starting out, but we may be fooled all together. Everybody's weather has been so fickle the last few years that I would believe Anything!
Adina! Buck is such a cutey! :D How did you get him to eat a carrot? I have known a dog or 2 that likes apples, but a carrot? A very healthy eater you have there! :D
Rann, I'm glad that things are getting straightened out up there. I hope they get back to normal very soon...so you will have more peace of mind. :) And I'm glad that you found a Christmas tree! :D I love the real ones, too, but in the long run the fake one is the least expensive. Love the snow! :D
Marsue, This little road doesn't have any ruts left, that I'm aware of, but it's really neat. It goes to an old mill race...just below the house. Actually, the old mill was made into a house. Pretty neat. Not too much has happened to this little area in 200 years...well I guess you could say that there has been many changes, but you can still see traces of the old things. :D
E_B, Love the covered bridge & the old mill. The sites are so familiar to here, that it's almost scary! :D Gorgeous! Pics! :D
Kiska, Your moose is at it again! :D They love that little tree don't they? Have you heard from the family in Seattle? Are they still enjoying things there? And are you going to Hawaii before Thanksgiving or after? I know that you will have immense fun! :D
Sally! You still have Iris blooming!? Mine have all gone into hibernation. :D Thanks, it's my favorite place to walk. I makes you wonder how many & how often your ancestors had walked in the same place.
Steph! Gorgeous! bush! I love the color of the berries. :) Those are very unfamiliar to me here. It's definitely not a native.

Trivia for the day (week)...
Which of the following was not a TV weathercaster at some point in their career?
a) Bill Murray
b) Jane Pauley
c) David Letterman
d) Pat Sajak

Some more of my 'walking path'...
Joey