March Is In - In Like a ...

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Dyson Dim and nice and warm. Will be even warmer tomorrow.

The interview went well I think. If I get hired I will start out part time and I will probably be taking care of the greenhouse and plants or be a stocker since those are what I want. I actually didn't think of greenhouse work til he saw where I used to work and he got all excited it seemed. LOL. I don't know if I will get on or not but I'm kinda hoping I do.

Rocky Mount, VA(Zone 7a)

Dark & Cold Doesn't anyone out there know some kind of native American dance or chant or chant & dance to hurry spring being sprung?

I know - fairly silly. But that is what happens when I get this tired.

Care to all.

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

I told DH that I had to take a picture of the rainbow for my peeps.

Thumbnail by Kelli
(Zone 7a)

I'm tired of Spring not Sproinging, too! Let's do that dance, everyone!!! LOL

Spring, Spring, Spring
Watch us all dance and sing
Sing and dance, all romance
Sproinging Spring
All DANCE!!!

Repeat as needed.

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

19°F this evening after another day of sunshine and somewhat warmer temps. We had 4°F yesterday morning and 7°F this morning so I figure today was almost twice as warm as yesterday. It looks like we've turned the corner here. Temps around 50°F are expected for the next 4 days and thee are no teens or twenties in the 10 day forecast.

Kelli...........Nice rainbow!

marsue..............I hope all goes well for your SIL.

Marylyn............That's quite a cake. The little bunny will remember that forever.

ric...........No snow here either and the ground has really been frozen. Tough on the plants but should do wonders for the mosquito population this summer.

Photo: rural winter scene taken on the way home this evening.

early_bloomer

This message was edited Mar 4, 2009 9:15 PM

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

LOLOL, Celia! Now that's a spring dance!!! Dyson should be satisfied with that sure enough!! Are you all aware that we turn our clocks forward on Saturday night? That's a sure sign of spring!
Gorgeous rainbow, Kelli! yes, listen to music instead of grossing yourself out thinking about a root canal! LOL
We are pulling for you to get that job, pepper!
Ahhh, Sylvester is soooo regal.
Friday does snore sometimes, too, but not very often.

Currently 52º, cloudy and Dyson dark.

Have a good evening, everyone.

P.S. I have never adjusted to calling my daughter's husband "my SIL" because he is just two years younger than I. I just call him by his name or refer to him as "my daughter's husband". Buddy, my DH, was four years younger than I and we used to joke that my husband was younger than my daughter's husband! LOL

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

we crossed, EB. That's a great photo--as usual!

Thank you all for asking about "my daughter's husband". I will let you know something when I know something.

(Zone 7a)

I set your pic as my background, Kelli.

"I'm one of Kelli's peeps, and I approve of this picture."

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Quoting:

Me, too!!! LOLOL

LOL!!!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

35.6º Yes, yes, yes!
Warmer tomorrow, good bye snow!

We even let the hens outside today. Worked in the shop all day. Need to go for supplies tomorrow sometime. Probably late in afternoon. That way I can get a bunch of work done first.

Minnesota Gophers basketball team beat Wisconsin tonight. That's both games this year. First time since who knows when.
Former Kentucky coach Tubby Smith came here beginning of 2007-2008 season. Said he was tired of winning there & not being acknowledged for it. Here everybody cheers him even when losing.
He is a great recruiter & has 5 great first year guys this year & 4 more coming next year.
We could finish very high in the Big 10 conference next year.
Tubbys wife absolutely loves Minneapolis. She says it's the first collage town that they have lived in that things to do, like Mall of America, many theaters & museums & so on.

Minnesota always has had Pro athletes stay in the Twin Cities after they playing days are over. Many have great jobs with large corporations.

Any of the rest of you follow certain collage teams ?

Bernie

I can't say I really follow any college teams but I kind of like the Twins, as far as American League Central goes.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I grew up in Big Ten states (Illinois, Wisconsin, and Ohio), and I still vote for them - more or less in that order of preference, but I vote for any Big Ten teams over teams of any other conference. The "March Madness" college basketball tournament is absolutely my favorite sporting event of the year! My siblings and I pick the teams we think we will win every year... We terrible at it, so it's a good thing none of us gamble! LOL We picked games for the college football bowls, too, and this year, just for fun, I also had my 2 bunnies pick teams. ("Katie, do you want Iowa or South Carolina?" "Souf Caroyina!") Katie, the 5 year old, tied for first place with my brother (19 out of 33 games correct.) Joy came in second with 18 games correct! So if you do this kind of thing for money, don't ask any of us for opinions. LOLOL

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Daylight Savings Time on Sunday – Spring forward!
Pepper – We’re pulling for you!
Dyson – I only know “rain dances” that don’t work very well or too well! Spring is coming!
Kelli – Thank you for the rainbow peep pic! Congrats on the rain!
Celia – I want to see you do that dance first!
E_B – Beautiful scene! I agree about the bug population. Should be lower this year.
Bernie – Glad your temps got to a comfortable range! I don’t follow sports too much.

49.1 °F
Clear
Windchill: 49 °F
Humidity: 68%
Dew Point: 39 °F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 8.1 mph
Pressure: 30.39 in (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Today
Mostly sunny. High 63. East winds 5 to 10 mph.

Speaks for itself!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

My thermometer is either broke or temp never changed. Still 35.6º this morning. TV guy gives same temp.
Have a Great Day!
Bernie

Is this only 60 days away ?

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
(Zone 5a)

I'm hopelessly behind again so I'll just check in quickly with the weather.

We're back to snow and frost now, have been for a few days. it's Clear, sunny, fairly calm and a high around 23°F. Last nights low was 12°F. No signs of spring here yet .....

Marsue - hope your daughter's husband will be OK!

Kelli - hope you're feeling better soon!

Cute pets!

FlipFlops - welcome. Peach is a cutie and so is your GD! :-)

Have a good day everyone!

This photo was taken in early Feb during our last frosty/sunny/snowy spell ...... looks similar today. This is in the Botanical Garden in Reykjavik.

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
(Zone 5a)

Here's another one, same place, same day

Thumbnail by rannveig
Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Morning everyone!!

Current temp: 29 degrees
Feels like: 29 degrees
Barometer: 30:48 in. & rising
Humidity: 81%
Visibility: 10 miles
Dewpoint: 25*
Wind: S 5 MPH
Sunrise: 6:31 AM
Sunset: 6:04 PM

Kwanjin: I think the spring dance is working (although you do not want to see me try to dance) LOL The next few days the temps are climbing to as follows: Fri. 67, Sat. 71, Sun. 74 and Mon. 71. I sure hope we have had our last really cold spell. It's not calling for any more temps. below freezing.
Pepper: I have my fingers and toes crossed for you to hear something good about your job interview.
MySharon: Moe is 7 months old and the sweetest grandkitty. He didn't think much of Peaches at first (spent the first two days under the bed) but they became real buddies. Peaches looked at him like (what's your problem?) lol
Kelli: Love the rainbow pic.
Can you believe my front yard will look like this in about 6 weeks??? The trees are really beginning to bud out. Saw a tulip tree just about open a couple of days ago! I think we are turning the corner, and I will be so happy when we are back on DST. Plus, "Dancing with the Stars" comes back on next week!

Thumbnail by FlipFlops
Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Here's another pic.

Thumbnail by FlipFlops
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Quoting:

Yep, me too! LOLOL
Kelli, you might need to explain to FlipFlops about the "peeps".
Bernie, even though I am down here in "razorback country", I don't follow the hogs or do the "woo pig sooey", thing. About the only sports I watch on TV are ice skating or other winter sports such as skiing, snowboarding, etc(not ice hockey--too violent) About letting the hens out---that must be a sure sign of spring--as is Daylight Savings Time. We can all take heart--spring is almost here!
Sharon: Pea and Prissy are definitely begging for whatever Jeff is eating!
Wow, what a contrast between Rann's photos and FlipFlops. Sorry, Rann, but I'd rather be in the middle of FlipFlops photos! LOL

No news on my daughter's husband. He's supposed to have an angiogram today but I haven't heard anything from her yet.

Heading for a high of 70ºF today but it is too windy to make it pleasant to be outside. March is definitely still coming in like a lion!

My Christmas cactus is confused--blooming more now than it did in December.

Thumbnail by marsue

Should be in the 6os now and will be close to 80 by 5pm. Veery windy though and I can hear the siding popping and the trees hitting the house too.

(Zone 7a)

Keep your head down, Pep! LOL You have all the winds we just had.

FF, is that a dogwood? I am so jealous!

Our rain turned to snow last night and we woke to almost 3" of the stuff. It's melting quickly, though.
34°F with 45º for our high.
Feels like: 27°F

Barometer: 30 in ↓
Dewpoint: 27°
Humidity: 74%
Visibility: 10 miles
Precip in last hr: 0 in
Precip last 24 hrs: 0.31 in (This part lies.)
Wind: 8 mph SSE
Sunrise: 6:55 AM
Sunset: 6:23 PM
UV Index: 4 Moderate

These opened yesterday.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

marsue - Christmas Cactus and Orchid blooms - beautiful. Sunny and bright outside right now - temps in the mid forties, no wind and very comfortable. The outdoors is calling....

Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Kwanjin: Yes those are dogwoods. They grow wild in our neck of the woods and we planted these when they were just sticks. The wild dogwoods seem to be more disease resistant than the ones brought at the nurseries. It is our state tree. When you drive through the Colonial Parkway (near Williamsburg) in the spring, it is absolutely beautiful with all the dogwoods in bloom and you follow the James and York River until you arrive at Yorktown.
Kelli: Yes, explain to me about the "peeps". I haven't a clue. Like I said, I'm new to DG and all these threads. I had to be shown earlier how to image pics. Now I have the hang of that as you can tell LOL

Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

Guys, I'm way behind, but I loved all your pics and read all the posts! We have a rainstorm, the wind blows hard , but it's not too cold, about 50.
Kelli, you have such wonderful surroundings! The pics are great, so great to see so many blooms while here is so grey! I hope your tooth doesn't hurt anymore.
Sharon, those girls are too cute! You're right about the sunrise!How's the move in going? Have you started to pack yet?
Celia, Monty is a cutie, so beautiful!
Kiska, what a beautiful grandaughter!And cooks too!
Flip, wonderful pictures! What a great family and a beautiful kitty!
Rann, still snow?! How are the girls?
E_B, your lake is amasing!
Joey, glad to see you posting! How is JW?
Mau, I'm praying for your DD's DH to get well soon. Friday is to cute! I have one with Buck sleeping like this too!LOL
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti
(Zone 7a)

Sorry, Sharon. This peep has changed her 'puter wallpaper to this one!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

That is a hilarious photo of Buck, Adina!! :-)

Still windy and pretty hot out there. Now I just need one of you men to come down here and knock some sense into my PITA truck. It has been making weird noises for 2 days and doing a few other things too but it's not consistent so therefore we can't figure out what's wrong. I'm not happy at the moment. LOL

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

It certainly is, Adina. Buck is very relaxed! LOL
Yes, se_eds, that was an orchid in the background behind the cactus and even further back are the African violets. At least something around my house is blooming!! :o))
Celia: I am jealous of your green hellebore! Kathy Ann (on another forum) gave me one last year. It hasn't bloomed yet but I am eagerly waiting.

DD's husband is being transported to the VA hospital in Oklahoma City today because they couldn't find an empty bed for him at the VA hospital in Little Rock. No matter, it is about the same distance to either place from where he is now. They will do an angiogram when he gets there and should know more what they are dealing with. That might take place tomorrow or it could even be tonight. As soon as they do whatever they are going to do and he is able to be released to go home, I will be heading up to Harrison, AR where they live. My DD wants me up there--says she will feel better if I am there with them for a few days. I would have driven over to Oklahoma City (about 6 hours from me) but her grown step-daughter is with her so she said for me to stay put until they get back home. As long as I am talking about my DD and SIL(yes, I said it--LOL): Here is our family portrait at Christmas time. My SIL is the man in the middle and my DD is standing right behind him.

Thumbnail by marsue
(Zone 7a)

Mau, the young man holding the little girl in the green dress looks just like my nephew, Justin.

He's the one on the left.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Wow, that's an amazing resemblance! That young man is my DD's step-daughter's husband--his name is Billy. His wife is the one next to him on his left.
My SIL has 3 grown daughters and although my daughter is just a few years older than the oldest one, they all call her "Mom", which seems really wierd. However, their own mother died many years ago so my DD is the only mother they have. My DD's two sons are the young men on either end of the photo. It took a few years but this family has really become "blended" in a wonderful way.

FlipFlops, "peeps" is a slang term for people. I think the word might have come out of rap music, but it's gotten mainstream enough that I know it. When I'm talking to DH about you guys, I refer to you all as "the peeps". Usually it's something like, "I'm going to take a picture of this. The peeps will like it."

Kiska, or maybe it was Joey, someone asked earlier if my lupines spread a lot. They spread if they want to spread. If they're in a place they like, they'll spread. Otherwise, not one plant will come up.

Adina, when I saw your picture, I couldn't tell from the thumbnail that it was a dog and I was thinking, "What kind of strange succulent is that?"

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 1:51 PM PST on March 05, 2009
57 °F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 53%
Dew Point: 40 °F
Wind: 5 mph from the South
Pressure: 30.07 in (Falling)
UV: 5 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 4400 ft
(Above Ground Level)

I went to the endodontist today for what they call the consultation. He says that yes, I need to have a root canal done. He doesn't think that the bad tooth is what is making me feel so tired, but personally, I'm not convinced. The root is near my sinuses, and if the sinuses are in any way involved, it's trouble. If I had lived in classical times, instead of "Achille's heel", the phrase would be "Kelli's sinuses". Since the tooth flared up, that sinus is always kind of swelled up.

wisteria from yesterday - Purple and red are an odd combination. I think they weaken each other.

Thumbnail by Kelli
(Zone 7a)

Dyson Dark, Kiska Kold and now...Kelli Sinus!!!

Rann – Nice to see you! Beautiful pictures!
Flip – your lawn and trees are so pretty!
Mau – My Christmas and Thanksgiving cacti are almost dead from the freezes. I don’t know if they will come back.
Pepper – You still there in those winds?
Adina – That is the cutest picture ever of Buck!
Celia and Mau – You two should find out if there is a family connection. The resemblance between the 2 young men is amazing.
Kelli – I feel for you. Get that root canal done asap. You will feel so much better. I love the red and purple together. I hope they will learn to co-exist.
Celia - LOL!

56.8 °F
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 72%
Dew Point: 48 °F
Wind: 0.0 mph
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 30.39 in (Rising)
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 6000 ft
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Tonight
Mostly clear. Patchy fog after midnight. Low 47. South winds 5 to 10 mph.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Kel: Don't know what's worse, tooth ache or sinus. Neither one is good. Thanks for getting me straight on "peeps" lol I though peeps were those little candy things we get at Easter time. Some people call baby chickens peeps. Where I come from we call baby chickens "biddies" Anyway, I sure am glad I am one of the "peeps"!!! Gosh, sure is nice to have an evening that's not below freezing. Actual temp. at 7:00 PM is 54 degrees WOW!! Time to dig out the flipflops (my namesake) and the capris. Love the wisteria....I have some growing on my fence and it doesn't bloom very much. Still a young plant but it grows like kudzu!!! Between trimming the wisteria and the confederate and star jasmine....it's a full time job. Don't think I will plant either one when I finally sell this house and move to GA. Both are full-time maintenance between May to October or Nov.

A woman after my own heart LOL! Flipflops and Capris! We called them "slaps" in the 70's and 80's due to the slapping sound they made when you took a step!

Brunswick , GA(Zone 9a)

Sharon: Awesome picture of the sky...looks like the promise of a beautiful day tomorrow. Are those live oak trees off in a distance? I love the live oaks.

Millersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

marsue, life is a constant challenge. I can see where you can take some solace with support for your DD. Perhaps this will be an opportunity to stretch your beautiful caring heart to encompass not only your grieving for your husband but also the challenges your SIL and your dearly loved daughter faces in the future. God bless youall.

(Zone 5a)

marsue - I'd prefer to be in FlipFlop's photo too ;-) lol Still, I can't complain when the sun is shining, it's not that cold outside that you can't be comfortable if you're dressed properly. And the sun's getting so high now that it "almost" feels warm!

Adina - that is such a hilarious photo of Buck! Selma's been home sick all week, nothing serious, but enough to keep her in my bed watching TV all day ..... She'll be home tomorrow too. Hildur Eva's doing great, although she was a bit bummed out that the snow came back. She wanted to get her bike out the day before it snowed, she was so disappointed that she hasn't had any interest in taking the sled out and playing in the snow while it's here! lol

One of the top radio staions here decided to focus on positive things this week after all the doom and gloom of the past months ..... so they haven't had any bad news on there all week. Seems like a good idea to me, focusing on the positive things in life always makes the day brighter. When I went for my swim today I thought I was truly blessed to be able to enjoy a nice swim, all year round, in 80°F water, outside in the sunshine despite the fact that the outside temperture was 23°F. It's truly wonderful :-) And the sun's up before 8 am and it gets dark after 7 pm (which throws me off a bit ... I'm used to getting dinner started after dark ;-) lol)

And on that positive note I'll bid you good night :-) It's waaaay past my bedtime.

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig
Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the encouraging words, se_eds!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.