WREATH & ARRANGEMENT SWAP NOW OPEN

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Stacey, how can you start making yours if you don't know what to make, (wreath, centerpiece, swag)???
LK

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

We might not all be able to make what out buddy wants! I'll be happy with anything I get! I have some stuff, I'll get more next week in Jackson! I'm getting excited!

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

I don't want to start till I get my buddy's name... I might not be able to please her, but I at least want to get her colors right... or try at least... and what if I get Jaye? I don't think she'd go for Poinsettias and Froggies... and what if I get Stacey? If I make her something Red and Green... and her colors are Blue and Silver, she'd have no use for it... SOOOOO, I'll wait.

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Oh such worries, such thoughts, such planning and waiting. I hate waiting but like BJ I do want to get the colors right. HUmmm, I don't know poinsettas and froggies might be cute. Think not!!

Is it just me or are most people getting away from the traditional red and green?

Well, I will, too, but some things you can go ahead and get. If I can't use them on that, I will on something else!

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Hey, sistahs. Have been busy and just got back to the computer. I had planned on giving buddy names on Nov 1st but can do it sooner if we think everyone has signed up that wants to. I'm going to pop over to a couple of threads and remind everyone of the swap sign up just in case we've missed anyone then I'll dmail buddy names later today. How does that sound?

Great!!

Glenview, IL

Wooohoo!

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

YES !!!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

If I were to end up getting just a naked wreath, you know dry twigs.. I'll be happy with that too!
Then I'll add my LSU colors, the froggies.. lizards... or perhaps those red maple leaves from Trisha's :D

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

maybe I am making more than 1 thing and my buddy will just get what I make w/ color preference accents??

So where are our names, are you giving them out tonight?
LK

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Oh, sorry!!!! It got crazy yesterday and I'm out the door to work. Will be back this afternoon and do it then. MY bad!

Yep!!!

No worries debra:)

Not bad, just busy. Thanks

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

SENDING BUDDY NAMES BY DMAIL NOW - LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE SIGNED UP AND DON'T GET A NAME WITHIN THE NEXT FEW MINUTES.

HAVE FUN!

I got my name!!!!! ^_^

LK

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Have fun, Linda Kay!

I will, thanks.
LK

me too-doing the happy dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr three--dancing happier than Tinky!!

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Well, I was dancing... then I almost sprained my ankle, so I had to settle down a bit... so, now I'm squirming in my chair.

I am getting so angry--I keep getting disconnected!!!

Okay, can't have you with a sprained ankle now can we. So, just do the "squirmy" dance and we will watch you.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Got mine and loving it! Yippee!

Glenview, IL

Yippee joining the happy dances here, got my name tooo!

Love my buddy!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

I can't believe just getting my name will send my sistahs dancin', wrigglin' and squirmin'!!
^_^
Love you too Audrey!

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Gosh, what a happy bunch! lol! Glad you are ll so happy with your swap buddies. But, of course, we would be happy with any of our sistahs, right? Jaye, how do you know who has your name? It's a big SECRET!

It was a lot of fun working with the med students today. This exam is my favorite because it's their very first time to be in the skills center and lay hands on a patient (me). We are super supportive and encouraging with them. They are so appreciative to have the opportunity to 'practice'. One of the things we teach them is how to be comfortable assisting a patient in lowering a hospital gown to do an examination. We were doing a shoulder exam today as I sat on the exam table and my gown only needed to be lowered onto my lap so my arms were free to do range of motion exercises. (I'm wearing a tank top) One male student asked if I would 'disrobe' for the exam. lol! We all got a laugh. I had to back him up and explain he might freak a patient out using that term and it would be better to offer to untie the gown so she can lower her gown for him to examine her shoulders. LOL! That group was a lot of fun.

Hope everyone is having a fun Halloween.

Well let's see how long I can stay on this time. Yeap, we all got Jaye's name--Debra that was rather sneaky of you to do that now wasn't it? What about the rest of us if we all have Jaye. Oh wait, Jaye is saying we all have her right?

Debra are you in the medical field or just a volunteer?

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Hee hee ... Marion, neither. It's a paid part-time job but no medical background required. Most of us were referred by someone on the staff or another standardized patient. We receive lots of training. If we don't meet their requirements they simply don't call us back. I've been fortunate to be called often and really enjoy the job. It's challenging mentally which is good for me and I've met lots of very nice and very interesting people. Several of the standardized patients are actors and a hoot to be around - although actors are not necessarily the best choice for the job. We have to follow a very strict script and no ad libbing in the testing scenarios. (actors have a hard time with that) We can be more conversational when we teach like today. that's why I enjoy the teaching so much. (my degree is in education - what a shock, huh?)

That really does sound interesting. Good for you. Nope not shocked your degree is in education. Mine is/was in wifery and motherhood!! How is that?

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Marion, those are enviable degrees!!
Mine's shopping!!

And that's what I'm about to do in a couple hours'.

Thank you my dear Jaye. Not I specialize in Grandmaisim! Motherhood sometimes. LOL

I shopped yesterday afternoon so I am going to work on my list of to do projects.

Deborah, feel those Dawgs good today!!!!!

LOL ^_^!!! I think Jaye's saying she has MY name!! Of boy, oh boy, oh boy!!!!!

Audrey, I thought she had my name. LOL Maybe she has both of our names?

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Hehehehehe.. I thought YOU ALL have my name.. no??

That is why we were doing the happy dance last night. BJ almost sprained her ankle and had to resort to the "squirmmy" dance. Clever of Debra to give us all your name, right? ROMLOL

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Rollingonmudlaughingoutloud, Marion? tee hee

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

snicker snicker ^_^

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.