WREATH & ARRANGEMENT SWAP NOW OPEN

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Ok, sistahs! Let's kick off the wreath swap. EVERYONE is welcome. I'm calling it a wreath swap but it can be anything from an exterior door wreath, an interior wreath, a swag, a tabletop arrangement, an arrangement with a candle, an arrangement in a teacup ........ you get the idea!

We will CLOSE it on Oct. 31st and I'll send out swap buddy NAMES on Nov. 1st. Items are to be MAILED by Nov. 15th. (keep in mind how you will ship it - large wreaths are hard to box and expensive to ship). The mail out date of the 15th should allow for any Thanksgiving themed items to arrive in time.

SWAP PARTICIPANTS: When signing up for the swap, please indicate any preferences you may have such as a swag for your doorway or a candle for your dining room table, etc. If you prefer a holiday theme such as Thanksgiving or Christmas or a particular color scheme, you are welcome to share that, also. The sender has the option to send something meeting that criteria or something completely designed and determined by the sender themselves. It should be fun, so don't feel you are required to meet a strict criteria.

What have I forgotten? Please let me know if any details have been overlooked. Marion made a request before leaving town to be signed up so she's in! Who's next?

Debra - fleursdefouquet (fall themed centerpiece or candle ring - but open to anything - colors are sage green, rust, yellow, brown)

Marion - abbisgranma (blue, lavender, silver, burgandy, pink, gold - doesn't care what item)

Stacey - Fairy1004 (door wreath in silver, blues, whites, iridescents)

Deborah - Cordeledawg (fall or Christmas centerpiece or door wreath in red, gold and green)

Linda Kay - taters55 (wreath for Christmas or fall)

BJ - bjwilson (Christmas wreath in red, green, gold - likes 'bling' - glitzy, sparkles)

Jaye - heavenscape (An LSU purple/gold or a Critter wreath or a Fall Harvest wreath. No eucalyptus please)

Audrey - Doe41 (any color but pink, likes reds, golds, crystals and 'bling')

Judy - Seedtosser1

This message was edited Oct 27, 2008 7:11 AM

Thumbnail by fleursdefouquet
(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

OMG-I'M FIRST!!! WOOOOOOHHHHOOOOO!!!

OK-I am really good at table arrangements, so the buddy I get will need to be cool with that....

and I NEED and xmas exterior door wreath...blues, whites, silvers, iridescents-those are my colors-no red or green-I am just not a traditional type of gal:) I had a pretty wreath-one of the ones that looks like it has ice crystals on it-then last year I asked DH to toss the wreath holder that the movers destroyed and when I came home from work the broken container was still here and the wreath was gone:(

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

That's too funny, Stacey. Maybe he was trying to tell you something? Maybe he IS a green and red kind of guy. LOL!

Nope-he isn't traditional either-he even said "well I wondered why you wanted me to throw that away and not the broken container"-I couldn't help but laugh, but I was like DUH!!!

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I'm in! Either a centerpiece in Christmas or fall color scheme, or a fall or Christmas door wreath.

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Gotcha! What are you doing up so early? Or have you not been to bed yet? LOL! You're such a night owl!

Deb-what are your Xmas colors??

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I know, LOL. But I didn't go to bed until 2:00am then got up at 5:00am to follow my son to his NEW JOB! He's jeep isn't reliable and he didn't want to get stranded on the way going to his new job at the Veteran's State Park Resort and Golf Course.

Debra, I am going to talk to my doctor about my poor sleeping habits. My medicine chart clearly shows what a terrible time I have getting sleep and rest since I log in bedtime and morning meds. They actually may be too close together. We'll see what the Dr. says about it.

ahem-are you ignoring me my georgia peach??

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Stacey, my Christmas colors are Reds, Golds, and Green foliage. Traditional I suppose you'd call them.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

lol, No sweetie. Just slow moving this morn.

ok-just wonderin;)

How you doin-you making that diaper bag;) tee hee hee

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I'm doing good except for sleeping. Still got to fix my sleeping habits. I still in the thinking mode for sewing. Got to get my camera out and show y'all my sewing machine and the sewing basket BJ sent me yesterday.
I'm going back to bed. TTYL.

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

I don't think I'll join this one, postage would be to high!

postage will be a little higher for this one depending on what you make-sorry Audrey:(

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Goodmorning all.
Count me in please.
I am going today for a follow up on my foot, and get the date for my next one, so I think I can get something made before then.
Ladies have a great day.
I preferr a wreath, and either any christmas or fall colors.
Later Linda Kay

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Ok, I'll do this one... as long as I don't have to stick strictly to the rules and make a wreath, or arrange flowers... I really stink at that. I pitty the buddy I get, if she gets really picky about what she gets... I'll try, but no guarantees.

All that said, guess I can't be picky either... so, surprise me.

Usually, I use traditional Christmas colors during the holidays though... Red, Green, Gold.

OOO-that must mean BJ's will be FUN!!!!

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

I hope it will be fun... I forgot to mention, I do like Bling Bling, glitz, sparkles, shiny ... that sort of thing.

Bling Bling huh;)

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Got to be for outside. House is too crowded right now!!
Preferences:
1. A wreath with LSU colors.... gold and purple
2. A wreath with cute critters on it :D Frogs, lizards, turtles, gnomes etc.
3. A Harvest or Fall wreath

No eucalyptus please..

This message was edited Oct 24, 2008 11:58 AM

Boo hoo hoo......!!!! Sounds like sooooo much fun! I LOVE doing wreaths! I'll just tag along and watch!

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

Thank you, thank you for signing me up!!!!! I love you sistha!!! I use blue, lavender and silver or burgundy, pink and gold. What is up to the maker of the item.

Be home Tuesday evening late.

Debra, I forgot what did I want help with/for. Brain not functioning.

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Yes, Fairy Lips... bling bling... just a little glitz among all the dark Christmas colors.

Been gathering ideas in my head all morning... I sure hope I can pull this off.

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Popped in for a few minutes. Tried to update the list of participants. Let me know if I don't have your name on the list.

BJ, as 'official swap hostess', my rules are that the sender has the option of making whatever they want - not required to meet any criteria. They are just guidelines in case someone wishes to match the receiver's decor, etc. It's all about fun and creativity. You be creative to your heart's desire, sistah!

OK, I can't stand it! Add me to the list!

I'm not picky, I just love Christmas colors! I'll have a red tree skirt on my table, that I got on sale after Christmas last year, and my little tree on top of that. I think anything except pink will go with that! I'm like BJ, I like bling bling, too! Golds, crystals, everything that glistens!

This message was edited Oct 24, 2008 2:31 PM

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Welcome, Audrey! A small tabletop arrangement or candle ring could fit into a smaller box. What do they say .... size doesn't matter. LOL!

I thought of that, and several other things, too! As long as it's Christmassy!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Debra, edit my choices in your post please.....
The LSU wreath, Critter Wreath or Fall wreath.
I can only use the Fall wreath once, but if someone were to make me a LSU or Critter, that will be all year. Hope this is understandable.

No Christmas wreaths. When Kel's brother passed away, we had ordered a special Christmas wreath for his funeral, as he loved Christmas. The family has since kept that..

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Good morning! Wakey, wakey!

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

My eyes are open... but still trying to get my caffeine fix to wake up completely.
So, Mama Deb... I'm awake.

Mornin'!

Debra-did you get the dmail I sent?? I haven't heard back from you at all:(

Glenview, IL

Oh, I hope I am not too late to sign up.

Thanks for the link Deborah!!

What a lovely swap...I just enjoy decorating for any season....

...I don't do eery, scarey, Like mostly cute and pretty.
Hope thats enough info...

Ferndale, AR(Zone 7b)

Sure Judy! We will take names until the last day of Oct and give out swap buddy names on Nov. 1st. Do you have any request? Wreath, tabletop arrangement, etc.? Any color schemes? Your buddy has the option of sending whatever they choose but it helps to have some guidance!

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Waiting with baited breath for my buddy's name... can't even start anything until I know who it is, so maybe I'll get the colors right, at least.

I am making parts of mine already:)

Glenview, IL

Oh sorry Debra,

Uh just to fill you all in, Well
I am not choosey. I love decorations.
So, What you create will be a marvelous addition to my home.

I guess the only thing would be something on the smaller side.
Furniture is brown and walls are light...

Looking forward to getting my buddy.

(Tia) Norman, OK(Zone 7a)

I want in so bad but I just can not commit right now, I have not fulfilled my other obligations yet and I will soon I promise. I will watch you all and enjoy it.

Hugs.
Tina

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

I am ready for my buddie's name also. I want to start something!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.