Most popular forum on DG is....

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

The Poultry forum!
WOW!
I was looking at DG newletter this morning and
noted that the poultry forum is the most popular forum on DG!
Now how bout' that?! ;o)

Thumbnail by Cottage_Rose
Lodi, United States

Yea. We're bad!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

No, We are funny!

(Zone 7b)

I think We are Funny, Interesting, Informative, Friendly, Likable, and Most of all we are the popular group said with my nose in the air. LOL!!!!

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

So everyone likes us? Not just US? LOL

We are not alone.......

(Zone 7b)

I think Maybe in most places except for the warmer region's the gardening has stopped and thats for the forums not being very talkative.
I know my garden is just about gone just a few flowers left and my brugs are still blooming.

Lodi, United States

A garden is good while the sun shines--but chickens are forever......

Greensboro, AL

I don't even have any chickens! Just peacocks next door - 4 AM alarm clocks.

Just dropped by for the excellent company.

gloria

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

I can't have chickens here I just drop in for the laughs. Y'all are a wonderful bunch and y'all make my day lighter. Darn city laws I think chickens would be fun around here, better than all the traffic noices. Oh will I will have to lurk around and get my bird fix with the wild ones. Could my wild wrens be watch birds for you chickens????

Sandy

Greensboro, AL

wren: Im not an official here but it looks to me like anything with feathers counts.

(Zone 7b)

I consider anyone who feeds or put's up houseing a bird person because you are careing for the birds in your area.
I care for my tame as well as wild birds i have many bluebird houses and the wren's nest under my shed every year and i put out corn for the Blue Jays and Woodpeckers to name a few.

Then can I be an honorary Chicken head???? pretty please !!!!!!!!(I am nutty enough)

Sandy

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

But of course Wren! If you would like an official title, do go to the chicken title thread and pick one! Welcome to the chicken heads!

Moxee, WA(Zone 4a)

A major reason this forum may be more popular than other DG forums is it can be accessed without being a PAID member of DG. Food for thought. Its always the money! Sounds kinda jaded but money (or the lack of it) seems to be responsible for quite a lot of things. Kelly

This message was edited Jan 22, 2009 12:44 PM

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

Hummm....I could've sworn I felt a drop of rain there for a second, but never mind, we'll just keep having our little parade....

Greensboro, AL

If any non paid lurkers see what is happening here they are sure to sign up!

(Zone 7b)

Moxon did you say rain if it's true let me know my tangerine elephant hates getting wet.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

We intentionally hold off chatting in the Dahlia Forum so you guys can be the most popular ^_^

Please keep the thunder up there my furry helper hates the booms.

Lodi, United States

Dahlia fanciers are well known for their altruism.

They do so much and ask so little....Thank you Dahlia Forum members!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

No problemo catscan. It's Tuber Time now so we are all mostly muttering about little sharp cutting instruments and eyes. We are relieved to know there are some fluffy fun happenins at the end of the tuber tunnel.

Lodi, United States

I must confess I am afraid of Dahlias. They seem so complex.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Don't be afraid catscan. They're really quite easy/peasy. Some just like to make them seem very tricky and fancy/dancy. Come join us! I'm president of Dahliaholics Anonymous and we warmly welcome new members ^_^

Greensboro, AL

I love dahlias and I finally live in a place where you don't have to dig them up and replant in the spring!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

dahlias don't do good for me.

Lodi, United States

Ooooooo. Another outlet for my OCD. I'll be over to see if there is any hope for me:0)

(Note primitive emoticon--I am not an early adopter type--will that work with Dahlias?)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Bonus Gloria!!!! But you do divide every couple of years, right? uh oh I feel my hyjack disorder coming on. oops. and here I thought this was one forum I couldn't smoozle into dahlias LOL.

Cedar Springs, MI(Zone 5b)

I didn't know unpaid members could access any of DG for free.
So whats up with that and is just the poultry forum free or others too I'm guessing?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

This is a good dahlia site for deep south dahlianuts if anyone is having trouble witht eh high temps. http://www.dahliasocietyofgeorgia.com/

Or you could always join me I have episitis really back.. that epiphyllum-itis or a uncontrollable need to buy orchid cactus. come to think about it it is something like chickities.
One leads to two that leads to 10 and in my case leads to close to 200!!!! Help!!!!

CWBO Wren also known as Sandy the epi nut

Thumbnail by wren107
Lodi, United States

I'm not sure how they decide which require subscription...but there is a little icon by the forum to show if it is free or not.

Greensboro, AL

dahlianut: You do have to divide in spring or they will disappear - like iris.

You know I worked at an historic house near here and noticed a whole bed of Peter Pan gladiolus - they had been planted 50 years ago and were still coming up.

Iris and dahlias though need to be divided. But that is not as much trouble as digging them up and storing over the winter.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I planted my first dahlia this year and it never came up. I was kinda bummed out. It was a sort of pale pink color. Well, it was supposed to be. I grew cannas for the first time this year. They were great. I never grew bulbs I had to dig up before. I just dug them up. My word, they are MASSIVE. I have no idea what to do with them now. I also dug up some gladiolus bulbs and they have all these itty bitty bulbs around them. They are in a box in the garage. I have no idea what to do with them either. All the holes I made when digging up the cannas are now filled with allium bulbs. I have no idea where I will put the cannas next year. :-)

Lodi, United States

Maybe they'll let you put them in the Canna Forum, Moxon?

The previous owner of my home planted a lot of Cannas and one very nice thing I have learned is that chickens don't eat them...or Irises.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

or alliums. So far.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

CMoxon it was a horribly wet season in IA this year. It may have rotted (sob). Do try again. There are lots of dahlianuts in IA.

Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I will think about it next spring. I want a pink one really.

Greensboro, AL

How about this one?

http://www.recruitingofficer.com/images/2006/pink_dahlia.jpg

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Perhaps a pink that is 'go big, or go home' http://www.dahlias.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=103

Greensboro, AL

A pink dahlia that does very well in the South is Park's princess.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.