October Daily Weather III, What's happening in your yard?

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Yesterday after a day long trip to Lakeland, Fl volunteering with friends I returned to Jacksonville wishing I had a jacket.
My car said 64º and I felt it.
Now I'm doing my derndest to turn off things and save as much as possible on power and water.
Here is a beautiful tree I saw yesterday. I'm sure being S of here made the chill more noticeable.
My coleus are happy.
Please come by often with your weather, your pictures and the joy we all need so much right now.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Lebanon, OR

No pictures as trying to finish cleanup in as many beds as possible.

We have had a hard enough freeze here in Lebanon, OR to cause the toms peppers and dahlias to all go down...

Foggy some mornings and never more than 60's now or rain. We are about to enter the cold times and tons of rain.

Will post a picture of the species clemetis in full bloom

D

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

Woke up to chilly temps this morning. Hooray!! Fall is arriving in Fort Worth. We won't have real fall-looking weather until around Thanksgiving, but I love these days of cool mornings and warmer afternoons. Started out around 50º, currently sitting at 64º and will get up to around 80º this afternoon. Not a cloud in sight and there's a light breeze blowing.

Went to the North Central Texas Roundup yesterday. What a blast!!

Thumbnail by stephanietx
(Zone 7a)

WOW!!! So much to catch up on. No way can I comment on everything, so...

Wonderful, everyone! Makes me know there IS life outside of mine! LOL Thanks.

45°F with 71º today. Going to be nice again. Time for more coffee.
Feels like: 45°F

Barometer: 30.1 in ↑
Dewpoint: 36°
Humidity: 70%
Visibility: 10 miles
Wind: 0 mph
Sunrise: 7:44 AM
Sunset: 6:40 PM
UV Index: 4 Low

B-24 Liberator.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Kelli, didn't know what to expect for windshield picture. So cool!! I'm pretty sure the 70 mph was you :o)

Ric, that would be a neat to see blimps all the time! We've had equal bean and corn harvesting and a lot of it's done already. The grain dryer is right across the street, but they haven't dried anything yet.

Joey, I'm so laughing. I can see you doing more running than toting!! WOW! We are only going to dip to the lower 30's then back to the 40's. Strange days indeed. I'm glad I'm not the only one to mix up the cats :o) What a beautiful homey tree lined walk. What is the dark object?

Ahh Kelli, we know you well ;o) (Speed)

Early, gorgeous pictures!! Love the watering hole and old barn!!! I love the peachy sky on the horizon! It's photo contest worthy! You take such good pictures! We have the Amish scratch and dent too and if you don't get there when the truck does, the shelves are empty. What great buys tho!! I've done the pies and crisp. I'm wanting to try the dumplings.

Ric, love FROST! It certainly did! I'm glad you saved her plants. Neat remodel pic! DH and I, (I was mainly gopher) built on two large and one small room additions over a few years, in our YOUTH! I wouldn't want to do it now, but I know how much work you've put into your house!

Sugar, I'm sure not ready for the cold weather. Those ARE beautiful trees!!

Hi Irisloverdee! It will be nice to talk iris next spring!

Stephanietx, you make fall sound so nice. I'm glad because it kills the no see ums and flies! Wow, those are nice looking plants!!

Kwanjin, my sentiments exactly! If I can't get out and go places, I'm glad someone can! B planes are so neat!

65* quite breezy and sunny. I went out early and took out the last 6 tomato plants, cages and stakes and picked up walnuts in the driveway. I hung clothes and am taking a coffee break!

Foggy sunrise!

Thumbnail by billyporter
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Afternoon, all!

60 and sunny after dipping into the 40s over night. Expecting more 40s the next few nights so I decided to bite the bullet and spent the morning dragging the most tender tropicals into the garage. Bummer. I have a few more to go, but decided to take a break for lunch and a little NFL time. Then I'll finish. The old garage seems to be getting a little full. LOL.

Ric: Yup. That's frost alright. Better you than me. You must never sit down - so many projects. I feel like such a lazy bum when I see everything you're doing. :)

Deb

Thumbnail by DebinSC
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Sunny and warm. Windy too. Only bad thing is someone is shooting their deer rifle but we can't tell where they are shooting at.

Amelia Island, FL(Zone 9a)

Welcome Dee!
Good to see you again Stephanie!

Rann – That is a beautiful song and “good job” on the translation! Always remember you have friends here.
Se_eds – Thank you for your words of wisdom. You are an inspiration :)
E_B – Ohh I hate hearing of peoples pensions taking a beating. I get so upset about it. We’ve lost a lot too, makes me sick.
Vicki – What part of Houston are you from? I’m from Bellaire!
Rann – How was the wedding?
Marsue – No sign of the Blue Angels here either this weekend. Usually we see/hear them flying over.
Kelli – I haven’t seen a Blimp in forever! Thanks for posting the picture.
Ric – “It was amazing how Fall-like it was up north.” No joke LOL!
Joey – Is that Jack racing down the road? Beautiful picture!
E_B – Beautiful pictures!
Ric _ brrrr frost LOL!
Sidney – Nice start picture! I am loving the change in temps LOL!
Sally – Wow! Beautiful picture!
Pepper - As long as they aren't shooting in your direction :)

64.4 °F / 18 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 48%
Dew Point: 45 °F / 7 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/hfrom the NE
Wind Gust: 6.3 mph / 10 km/h
Pressure: 30.21 in / 1022.9 hPa (Rising)
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Few 2800 ft / 853 m
Mostly Cloudy 4200 ft / 1280 m

Lake Wind Advisory in effect until 7 PM EDT this evening...

Tonight
Windy early. Partly cloudy. Low 54. Northeast winds 20 mph and gusty decreasing to 10 to 15 mph.

Theis has been the best weather weekend since early Spring LOL! Low 70's and 50's at night. I am loving it LOL! This is the perfect weather for me. We've had company all weekend. They are leaving tomorrow so I get to play a little "catch up" now.

GF relaxing yesterday

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 7a)

Such a pretty day! LOL Deb! I thought I was the only one for the longest time that couldn't get her plants in the ground!

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Currently 38°F and clear. We finally had a heavy killing frost here last night and the last of my annuals bit the dust.

Steph.........Wow! that's a lot of plants.

Sidney...........those trees sure have a lot of interest.

Billy............Our Amish store is usually well stocked. I keep an eye on the expiration dates and save a lot of money.

I drove southeast of here about 70 miles this morning and arrived at the bike trail head just minutes before noon. I was surprised to find there was still frost on the ground in the shadows. The first part of my ride was quite cold and I was glad I didn't get the earlier start I had planned on. I rode the Sandy Creek Trail for 10-12 miles, connected with the Allegheny River Trail and rode it another 20 miles south. It was a beautiful day but the light was too harsh for good photography.

Here are a few photos. These trails are flat, paved and follow old abandoned railway lines. website here: http://www.avta-trails.org/allegheny-samuel-trails.html

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Typical Allegheny Trail scene.

early_bloomer

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

One of the coolest things on the trail are the old railroad tunnels. I had a small penlight--just enough to make the reflectors glow and it's really strange peddling along in the pitch blackness.

early_bloomer

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Tunnel entrance.

early_bloomer

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Allegheny river scene.

early_bloomer

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

And finally, this old stone arch bridge in the woods along the trail. It looks like it probably dates back to the CCC days in the '30's. The road is long gone. Notice the trees growing on the top.

early_bloomer

This message was edited Oct 19, 2008 9:47 PM

Ozone, AR(Zone 6a)

Miss a day and miss alot. Hope you give me some time to learn who everyone is. I'm a little on the slow side. LOL

Been a great fall day here. Not looking forward to frost.

I do enjoy your pictures I don't have pictures to share but would love to share some of my favorite picture sites.

Low-47F
High-71F
Wind-S @ 6-11 MPH
Clear
Sunrise-7:25 AM
Sunset-6:32 PM
Moonrise-10;39 PM
Moonset-1:52 PM

A link for Rann. Type in oatmeal homemade in receipe search. This site has a recipe for anything you'd possible think to cook.
http://cooks.com/
Have fun
Vickie

(Zone 5a)

Good morning!

It's a blustery one today, icy cold wind howling from the north, cloudy but no rain in the forecast. 34°F, there was some overnight frost.

Sharon - thanks :-) The wedding was great. It was wonderful to meet up with relatives we hadn't seen in years. We enjoyed good food and wine in great company well into the evening .... or night for those who stayed longer. We left at 11:30 pm to get home to the girls. People like to sing at weddings here, and I thought it was pretty funny that one of the songs we sung was the song I translated. lol 50 - 70°F sounds perfect to me too.

Vikie - thanks for the link :-)

EB - GREAT photos :-) What a beautiful trail for a bike ride.

Hope you all have a good day!

Rann

E_B - Great pictures, the last one is my favorite.
Vicki - Cooks.com is a good link. I have the icon on my desktop :)

60.6 °F / 15.9 °C
Clear
Humidity: 69%
Dew Point: 50 °F / 10 °C
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0.0 km/h
Pressure: 30.24 in / 1023.9 hPa (Steady)
UV: 0 out of 16

Today
Partly cloudy. Breezy near coast. High 72. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph inland around 15 mph near the coast.

Mr. Squirrel got in the feeder again!

Thumbnail by MySharona
(Zone 5a)

LOL - Sharon that is so funny. How in the world does he get in there? lol

Rann - the top flips up. I watched one young squirrel at the feeder. Took a minute for him to figure out how to get to the food. Got the top flipped up and tumbled inside. It was so funny. He popped back out then went back in. We have a pretty entertaining back yard LOL!

Peterstown, WV(Zone 6a)

Mornin'! All! Well, It's super chilly this mornin' w/ a temp of 34°. It didn't frost here yesterday, but it almost did. Everybody around had it. It's too Dyson Dark to tell what's out there this mornin'. LOL! Probably by the time I finish this, I'll be able to tell! :D Yep..I had to come back...It's too foggy to have frozen anything! :D
At Dublin...
Clear: 34°F
Feels like: 34°F
Barometer: 30.4 in
Dewpoint: 32°
Humidity: 93%
Wind: 0 mph
Sunrise: 7:36 AM
Sunset: 6:38 PM
UV Index: 0 Low
WIDESPREAD FREEZING TEMPERATURES AND FROST EXPECTED THIS MORNING...

D, Welcome! :D
Sidney! What a gorgeous tree! What is it? It's Massive!
Sally, Thanks, LOL! The 'dark object' is Jack! :D He was right in front of me when I got the camera up to my face & by the time I was ready to take the pic he was way down there! He speedy (like Kelli!) for sure! :D Love the foggy sunrise!
Sharon! LOL there he goes again! That is so funny! It's like he's waiting for you to pop out of the house, so he poses! ;) Thanks, yes...the energizer poochie is on the loose! :D
E_B, Absolutely Gorgeous! If I went on your bike rides I wouldn't get very far for taking pics! :D
Deb, You have some Huge Plants! Just look at that Fern! :-O Hope you got them all inside before the day was thru. ;)
Stephanie, Glad that you had fun at the RU. Looks pretty neat. :)
Ric, That frost is Thick! I showed your pic to my sister & she said she had frost like that. She lives on Christiansburg Mountain...south of Roanoke.
Kelli, I understand... :) I wish I could do that, but w/ JW I gotta do Some cleaning. ;)

Today's trivia is...
What is another term for the counter-clockwise circulation of a low-pressure system?
a) Monsoon
b) Cyclone
c) Twister
d) Gale

Have a Great Day! :D
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep
(Zone 7a)

ROTFLOL That squirrel is too funny!

EB, your rides are so wonderful. We have a trail close by that people take but you have to cross several major roads from start to finish. It follows the river flowing through the city.

63°F with 70º for later. Darrell stayed home sick today. Some sort of allergy attack, I think.
Feels like: 63°F

Barometer: 30 in ↑
Dewpoint: 33°
Humidity: 33%
Wind: 11 mph SSE
Sunrise: 7:45 AM
Sunset: 6:38 PM
UV Index: 4 Low

Darrell and F-14 Tomcat. He worked on these in the Navy.

Thumbnail by kwanjin
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

Joey: Guessing "B", cyclone. And, yes, I eventually got them all inside.
EB: Absolutely wonderful photos from your bike ride!
Sharon: I did LOL at your squirrel in the feeder. :)

Low last night was 40. Right now it's around 70, but supposed to get to near 80 this afternoon.
Sunny and very Blu!

Deb

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

My computer is acting up today--sure hope it isn't trying to crash! That would be awful. Sorry I can't comment on everyone's post--I tried earlier and had to quit--it wouldn't keep up with my typing and was really slow about going from one thread to another. It's doing a little better now but if I don't show up for a few days you'll know I have had to buy another ocmputer--going to get me a laptop next time around but don't won't to make that purchase unless I have to. Hsve a dood day everyone. I'll be back when I can. Joey, the plant is in the mail!

Today
Mostly Sunny
High 73°F
Precip 20%
Wind: SSW 7 mph
Max. Humidity: 59%
UV Index: 5 Moderate
Sunrise: 7:19 AM CT
Avg. High: 73°F
Record High: 90°F (2004)
Partly Cloudy
Overnight Low 51°F
Precip 10%
Wind: SSW 3 mph
Max. Humidity: 89%
Sunset: 6:26 PM CT
Avg. Low: 46°F
Record Low: 26°F (1989)

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Deb, nice garage! I love the low windows!

Hey Pepper, DUCK! (Shooting)

Sharon, thanks! Hope you got rested from your busy weekend. Ohhh, beautiful Frit!

Early, our Amish usually beat everyone to the store :o) Wow, you've had a killing frost already. What a beautiful ride! So much to look at!

Vickie, try missing a week ;o) I'm Sally :o)

Rann, I know that weather will be here someday. I'm sure not ready for it tho!! That is so neat, about the song!! I'm glad you had a wonderful time at the wedding!

MR SQUIRREL!!!! ROTFL!!

Joey, I can see you shivering! Jack! It didn't look like any familiar shape. Like Kelli _ ROTFL!! Thanks, it sure was a different sunrise. That is a really neat picture!!

Kwanjin, is that at an air show? Get well Darrell, from me.

Marsue, I hear you on slow computers. Some days I don't even want to turn mine on. Dratted dial-up!

62* sunny and almost a tenth of an inch of rain. Not bad for a 20% chance!

Some of the apples. Sauce, juice, and slices.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Balotesti, Romania(Zone 5a)

E_B, your pictures are great! The one with the horses is stunning!Have you entered it in the photo contest?
Sidney, thanks for the new link, the tree is beautiful!
Joey,frost , brrr!
Rann, it's nice to see relatives you haven't seen in years, at least at the weddings !
Sally, yummy !
It's cold during the night and getting warmer when the sun comes up. Still between 41 and 72. No wind, few clouds. Some were at sunrise this morning.It was too cold and the lense got steamed !LOL
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

I had to take a few more.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

One more.

Thumbnail by adinamiti
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Adina, those are striking!!

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Billy, I love that cabinet thing.

Today will be the least hot day of the week.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 2:51 PM PDT on October 20, 2008
76 °F / 24 °C
Clear
Humidity: 45%
Dew Point: 53 °F / 12 °C
Wind: 7 mph / 11 km/h / 3.1 m/s from the SSE
Pressure: 29.99 in / 1015 hPa (Falling)
Visibility: 7.0 miles / 11.3 kilometers
UV: 4 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)

hiking picture - poison oak

Thumbnail by Kelli

This is Century Lake. It's an old reservoir and is mostly silted up.

Thumbnail by Kelli
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Kelli, that's a sideboard. We got a good deal on it, as far as we know, because the guy sdidn't want to load it up and take it back. I love it! We keep our winter gear in the outer drawers and platters and such in the middle. If I knew DH was going to take a picture I would have straightened it up and added the missing jar :o) Why does the poison laves have to be so beautiful?? It looks like a nice lake silted or not. What sort of reservoir?

60* breezy and the sun is going down.

The reservoir is in a creek. I don't know exactly when the dam was put in, but it would be on the order of 90 years ago. It was put in to make a lake for fishing and duck hunting back when the area was a private club.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Ahhh, since it's dry out there, I wasn't sure what it was for.

Joey – Brrrr – frost already! Isn’t it a cyclone? I’m going with B.
Celia - I love going to airshows. My FIL is a retired fighter pilot – he was a trainer too. Started out flying a P-51 A7, F-102, F-86, F-100, T-33. I hope Darrell feels better soon. How is the non-smoker doing these days?
Marsue – I hope you get your computer running properly.
Sally – Look at all that applesauce and slices! You are way too organized LOL! Straightened it – OMG – you should see the inside of my cabinets! Well, maybe not LOL!
Adina – Beautiful sunrise!
Kelli - The poison oak is very pretty! I'll bet that reservoir is pretty when the lily pads start blooming.

66.7 °F / 19 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 54%
Dew Point: 50 °F / 10 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Pressure: 30.21 in / 1022.9 hPa (Steady)
UV: 1 out of 16
Clouds: Few 3600 ft / 1097 m

Tonight
Mostly clear. Low 50. North winds 5 mph.

Supposed to get in the upper 40's at JIA. Tomatoes!

Thumbnail by MySharona
Georgetown, SC(Zone 8a)

OMG! I just took another look at the forecast and we have a......Frost Advisory...!! ?? What?? Not in October. SIgh. Glad I stashed the tropicals in the garage and took some coleus cuttings.

Adina, that's an amazing sky you got there. Wow!

Deb

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Sunny this morning then clouds moved in late afternoon. High was in the low 60s. Tomorrow night we have rain coming in and it will be her for several days. Ugh.

Have to move the last of my tropicals in tomorrow. Now my goal is to not kill them. My blue hibiscus is complaining already.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Sally, I'm drooling! My grandmother used to make homemade apple sauce and it was SOOOO good!

Beautiful photos, as usual, everyone. :-) We're having a great time on Jekyll Island. I'm going to show you all off to my BIL this evening, so everyone put on your best smiles. (LOL) He likes gardening, but doesn't know a lot about it... Hopefully I can get him hooked. :-)

It's gorgeous here! I forgot my camera cable, so you'll have to wait till we get home for pictures. Here's the weather, though (probably looks a lot like Sharon's as we are just a hop and a skip north of her here.)

Right now it is fair and 55, so I don't think the suggested low on here can be correct. We're (my assorted siblings and their spouses, that is) going to leave the bunnies here with Grandma, Grandpa, and various aunts & uncles, and go gallivanting in Savannah tomorrow. That should be very fun.

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 58. Northeast wind around 6 mph.

Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 74. North wind between 3 and 7 mph.

Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 61. Calm wind becoming north around 5 mph.

(Zone 3b)

For tomorrow:
Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of snow showers in the morning. Highs in the 30s. Light winds.
35° and dark.
The tree is fantastic, sugarweed, all of them.
So many photos, and not time for personal comments now. Marylyn, sounds like a good day ahead.
Poison Oak is gorgeous; too bad it's such a pain, kelli.
Adina~such a pretty sky; nothing like the sky to turn to for winter color.
My sister arrives tomorrow, from Calif,. You may know her here on DG: SacValley.
I'm so excited; what a week of big events it's been.
Sun dog above Pioneer Peak today.

Thumbnail by kiska
(Zone 7a)

Darrell felt better this afternoon after taking some strong allergy meds, so we went to Park City. It;s also home to some wonderful ski resorts. It's about 25 miles from us and where they have the Sundance Film Festival every year. This is the off-season and very fun.

I took my camera and took some pics from the car. This is going through Parley's Canyon.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.